Post by jkkumar » Sat Jun 19, 2021 6:40 pm

Hi,
Have a business scenario and kindly let me know in case if a solution exists in opencart, I searched but could not find a solution. I am newbie, using OC 3.0.3.7.
    one product shall consist of 2 or more items and are mandatory in nature and must be sold as a bundle. This will be made known as part of product description and will have a bundled cost when displayed in product page.
      Once an order is placed, the bundled items should appear separately in the order report and on invoice - for proper accounting, inventory management, business needs, etc. (for finished products). (This can be seen as one order in the backend - similar to multiple items in one order situation)
        able to package multiple items in the backend and group them as one product.
        some examples are :
        Photo frame (5$) + Stand(5$) = bundled cost 10$
        Software copied onto disk / CD / USB (software cost + hardware cost)
        Is there any existing solution or how to achieve the above scenario without manual intervention of editing the order ?

Thanks & Regards,
        Kumar.
        Last edited by jkkumar on Sun Jun 20, 2021 3:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

I am new to opencart, learning on the job, (was a 4GL IT Pro). Configuration, SW environment, existing modules, known issues, product version(s), context, scenario, test data, expected and deviated results, test methods and scenarios, network and bandwidth stability, et alia influences the solution or a problem.

Post by straightlight » Sat Jun 19, 2021 10:23 pm

Magical request. However, you could always create a new service request in the Commercial Support section of the forum to get this done as a custom job.

Dedication and passion goes to those who are able to push and merge a project.

Regards,
        Straightlight
        Programmer / Opencart Tester

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by pedro1993 » Sat Jun 19, 2021 10:35 pm

Hi Kumar

This looks like an interesting project and I’d love to help out.

I have sent you a private message. I look forward to hearing back from you

Kindest regards
        Peter
        jkkumar wrote:
        Sat Jun 19, 2021 6:40 pm
        Hi,
        Have a business scenario and kindly let me know in case if a solution exists in opencart, I searched but could not find a solution. I am newbie, using OC 3.0.3.7.
          one product shall consist of 2 or more items and are mandatory in nature and must be sold as a bundle. This will be made known as part of product description and will have a bundled cost when displayed in product page.
            Once an order is placed, the bundled items should appear separately in the order report and on invoice - for proper accounting, inventory management, business needs, etc. (for finished products). (This can be seen as one order in the backend - similar to multiple items in one order situation)
              able to package multiple items in the backend and group them as one product.
              some examples are :
              Photo frame (5$) + Stand(5$) = bundled cost 10$
              Software copied onto disk / CD / USB (software cost + hardware cost)
              Is there any existing solution or how to achieve the above scenario without manual intervention of editing the order ?

Thanks & Regards,
              Kumar.

For OpenCart & PHP/MySQL support feel free to PM me :)
              Click here for my extentions
              Did I help you? Donate here to show support

Location - Glasgow, Scotland

Post by thekrotek » Sun Jun 20, 2021 2:33 pm

I have an extension called Product Bundles Pro which might suit your request. It allows you create product bundles and products do appear separately in the cart. Check the demo, see how it works.

Professional OpenCart extensions, support and custom work.
              Contact me via email or Skype by support@thekrotek.com

Expert Member

Post by jkkumar » Sun Jun 20, 2021 3:37 pm

thekrotek wrote:
              Sun Jun 20, 2021 2:33 pm
              I have an extension called Product Bundles Pro which might suit your request. It allows you create product bundles and products do appear separately in the cart. Check the demo, see how it works.
              Hi,
              Thanks for reviewing my need and providing a response. This extension seems to meet my requirement for now (with some tweaking to titles). Will contact you through the extension support channel.

Regards,
              K Kumar.

I am new to opencart, learning on the job, (was a 4GL IT Pro). Configuration, SW environment, existing modules, known issues, product version(s), context, scenario, test data, expected and deviated results, test methods and scenarios, network and bandwidth stability, et alia influences the solution or a problem.