Post by neilv76 » Thu Jul 15, 2021 1:16 am

(SOLVED) I am running a live store on a shared hosting, i want to move it to a VPS i have just purchased. I followed a guide online showing you how to do it but am having problems. I copied all the files, created a database but in Safari i am just getting a white screen. I have not transferred my domain yet to my new VPS as i want it up and running before i transfer the domain name. Can i just use my VPS IP address to get to my site or am i overlooking something. Does anyone have any help or advise on what's going on and how to resolve the issues. My host is trying everything to help and they said they are getting the following error:
AH01071: Got error 'PHP message: PHP Warning: fopen(/var/www/vhosts/my domain/httpdocs/storage/logs/error.log): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/vhosts/my domain/httpdocs/system/library/log.php on line 22PHP message: PHP Fatal error: Uncaught Exception: Error: Could not load cache adaptor file cache! in /var/www/vhosts/my domain/httpdocs/system/library/cache.php:29\nStack trace:\n#0 /var/www/vhosts/my domain/httpdocs/system/framework.php(116): Cache->__construct('file', 3600)\n#1 /var/www/vhosts/my domain/httpdocs/system/startup.php(104): require_once('/var/www/vhosts...')\n#2 /var/www/vhosts/my domain/httpdocs/index.php(19): start('catalog')\n#3 {main}\n thrown in /var/www/vhosts/my domain/httpdocs/system/library/cache.php on line 29'
Last edited by neilv76 on Fri Jul 16, 2021 1:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post by thekrotek » Thu Jul 15, 2021 1:27 am

Error tells you everything. Check your paths.

Professional OpenCart extensions, support and custom work.
Contact me via email or Skype by support@thekrotek.com

Expert Member

Post by neilv76 » Thu Jul 15, 2021 1:36 am

I have checked it and it looks fine. Instead of putting my domain i put in my VPS IP address as i have yet to transfer my domain name to my VPS so i was told to use the VPS IP instead but get this error. I can pay if someone can do all this for me. Thanks

Post by vaidyamanishjoshi » Thu Jul 15, 2021 1:37 am

see if this post is useful for you or not ?

viewtopic.php?f=202&t=211118#p752057

Post by neilv76 » Thu Jul 15, 2021 2:14 am

Is it right that in my config.php files instead of my domain name that I put in my VPS IP address instead. My host said they can't help anymore and that it is Opencart related.

Post by vaidyamanishjoshi » Thu Jul 15, 2021 2:23 am

can you try copying cache folder from your existing opencart site's system/storage folder to your vp hostings oc system/storage folder ?

Post by neilv76 » Thu Jul 15, 2021 2:26 am

I will give it a go. Is my config.php files correct with using the VPS IP and not a domain name.

Post by OSWorX » Thu Jul 15, 2021 3:00 am

Domain name is "only" a translated IP-Address.
Which means, if you are not able to use any domain, simply use the IP-Address you have.
And define it in all your config files (catalog and admin).
And instead of calling the domain in your browser, use the IP-Address.

Full Stack Web Developer :: Dedicated OpenCart Development & Support DACH Region
Contact for Custom Work / Fast Support.

Guru Member

Location - Austria

Post by neilv76 » Thu Jul 15, 2021 3:06 am

That's what I've been doing but still can't get it to work. There are so many things to change in Plesk that I don't know what to change. I've uploaded all files and created the database but still no joy. I don't suppose you could take a look or if you can do it for me for a fee.

Post by EvolveWebHosting » Thu Jul 15, 2021 3:10 am

neilv76 wrote:
Thu Jul 15, 2021 2:14 am
Is it right that in my config.php files instead of my domain name that I put in my VPS IP address instead. My host said they can't help anymore and that it is Opencart related.
I just want to suggest that if they already can't help you, stay on your toes as to how they may or may not support you in the future.
Is this a managed or unmanaged VPS?

Opencart Hosting Plans, Domain Registration, Microsoft and Google Email and More
Visit our website for great deals and most importantly, fast and friendly support - www.evolvewebhost.com

Location - Denver, Colorado, USA

Post by OSWorX » Thu Jul 15, 2021 3:12 am

neilv76 wrote:
Thu Jul 15, 2021 3:06 am
There are so many things to change in Plesk that I don't know what to change. I've uploaded all files and created the database but still no joy.
There is nothing to do inside Plesk (my servers are all running with Plesk).
Of course, you cna edit the files via Plesk, but better with an editor - transfer required files with FTP, edit them locally and transfer back the edited files to your server.
neilv76 wrote:
Thu Jul 15, 2021 3:06 am
I don't suppose you could take a look or if you can do it for me for a fee.
Why not?
While it is very late here, contact me via email and I will see (free or for small fee if required).

Full Stack Web Developer :: Dedicated OpenCart Development & Support DACH Region

Guru Member

Location - Austria

Post by OSWorX » Thu Jul 15, 2021 3:14 am

EvolveWebHosting wrote:
Thu Jul 15, 2021 3:10 am
neilv76 wrote:
I just want to suggest that if they already can't help you, stay on your toes as to how they may or may not support you in the future.
Well, it is NOT the "duty" of a provider/hoster to help people/customers.
The more if they have no dedicated contract about these things.
Beside possible contracts because of the GDPR.

And "managed" or not belongs only to server related issues.
No CMS, webshops, other websites.

Guru Member

Location - Austria

Post by neilv76 » Thu Jul 15, 2021 3:30 am

I have just tried something on the off chance. I deleted the database and all the files I uploaded from my live site and wanted to try something. In Plesk I have made a temporary dmain name, uploaded opencart install files and then went to my temporary domain followed by /install and it has taken me to the Opencart install page. Now, could I do a clean install and then upload my live files and then delete the database and import my live store database. I know it may sound weird but I'm getting so close now.

Post by OSWorX » Thu Jul 15, 2021 3:52 am

In general: yes.
But instead of copying files, importing the database tables is enough.
Or do you have some modified and hard coded files?

Offered my help, now I am away - too late.

Guru Member

Location - Austria

Post by neilv76 » Thu Jul 15, 2021 3:57 am

The files are coming from a live store that I'm transferring from shared host to VPS. I have a few mods and my live site also has the Journal theme installed so I would imagine I would need to upload all the files and leave the config.php files alone, would that be correct?

Post by EvolveWebHosting » Thu Jul 15, 2021 5:42 am

OSWorX wrote:
Thu Jul 15, 2021 3:14 am
EvolveWebHosting wrote:
Thu Jul 15, 2021 3:10 am
neilv76 wrote:
Well, it is NOT the "duty" of a provider/hoster to help people/customers.
The more if they have no dedicated contract about these things.
Beside possible contracts because of the GDPR.

And "managed" or not belongs only to server related issues.
No CMS, webshops, other websites.
No it's not required by the host but I also look at it like this: If you buy a phone, the provider doesn't usually sell it and say 'go have fun trying to figure out how to set it up and transfer your data'. They usually help and personally I think any good hosting company should provide this type of support. Help the customer get things up and running and off to a good start. That's why a lot of hosting companies offer transfer services. It's a very saturated market and customer experience is important.

Opencart Hosting Plans, Domain Registration, Microsoft and Google Email and More
Visit our website for great deals and most importantly, fast and friendly support - www.evolvewebhost.com

Location - Denver, Colorado, USA

Post by OSWorX » Thu Jul 15, 2021 7:19 pm

EvolveWebHosting wrote:
Thu Jul 15, 2021 5:42 am
No it's not required by the host but I also look at it like this: If you buy a phone, the provider doesn't usually sell it and say 'go have fun trying to figure out how to set it up and transfer your data'. They usually help and personally I think any good hosting company should provide this type of support. Help the customer get things up and running and off to a good start. That's why a lot of hosting companies offer transfer services. It's a very saturated market and customer experience is important.
Well said.
Problem is, many providers to not working this way.
Imagine you have thousands of customers, each of them need a service a week for 4 minutes.
Say you have 1.000 customers, means 4 x 1.000 minutes = (around 67 hours).
Which means, your 40-hour week is away, 27 hours you have to spend on top.
Overall these 67 hours every week must be financed.

That's why SLA's do exist.
Customer may select one, both parties know exactly the level of the service.
Which will be a paid one finally.

Of course I do help my own customers rarely, but if such help increase, they have to buy (for) it.
We all should not forget, we are talking not about private websites, each of the users here make money (or want to make) with their webshops. So they earn money, but the same want to have services like that for free??

Even the death is not for free ..

Guru Member

Location - Austria

Post by neilv76 » Thu Jul 15, 2021 7:33 pm

My host has tried what they can to help but because the problems I am having are probably Opencart related they can't assist me any further which is fair enough as its not their product.

Post by straightlight » Thu Jul 15, 2021 7:35 pm

OSWorX wrote:
Thu Jul 15, 2021 7:19 pm
EvolveWebHosting wrote:
Thu Jul 15, 2021 5:42 am
Well said.
Problem is, many providers to not working this way.
Imagine you have thousands of customers, each of them need a service a week for 4 minutes.
Say you have 1.000 customers, means 4 x 1.000 minutes = (around 67 hours).
Which means, your 40-hour week is away, 27 hours you have to spend on top.
Overall these 67 hours every week must be financed.

That's why SLA's do exist.
Customer may select one, both parties know exactly the level of the service.
Which will be a paid one finally.

Of course I do help my own customers rarely, but if such help increase, they have to buy (for) it.
We all should not forget, we are talking not about private websites, each of the users here make money (or want to make) with their webshops. So they earn money, but the same want to have services like that for free??

Even the death is not for free ..
With the exception of contractual work where the SLAs still maintains as well as work hours. Therefore, the extra 27 hours is not paid but rather balanced with the hours that a contractor / casual employee must complete. Which means, the extra 27 hours can still be under that person's personal time and not considered as extra time.

Dedication and passion goes to those who are able to push and merge a project.

Regards,
Straightlight
Programmer / Opencart Tester

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by Majnoon » Thu Jul 15, 2021 10:10 pm

Was you able to make it done?