Post by SWCBY » Thu Jul 15, 2021 2:05 am

Hi, trying to manually fill the first sales order. Everything's ok until the order form goes to the Shipping Method - the dropdown menu is inactive and the order filling cannot proceed. Enabled Free Shipping module in Extensions. The geo-zone is proper. To solve the issue, even reinstalled Opencart. What can be wrong?

Post by vaidyamanishjoshi » Thu Jul 15, 2021 2:12 am

Do you set shipping required "Yes" during product addition ?

Post by SWCBY » Thu Jul 15, 2021 2:20 am

vaidyamanishjoshi wrote:
Thu Jul 15, 2021 2:12 am
Do you set shipping required "Yes" during product addition ?
Hi, yes.

Post by OSWorX » Thu Jul 15, 2021 3:04 am

SWCBY wrote:
Thu Jul 15, 2021 2:05 am
Enabled Free Shipping module in Extensions. The geo-zone is proper.
Means what?
State here your geozone definition.
And tell us with which country you are trying to create a new order - either in the shop or via the backend.

And !!!, please read this here - otherwise no more answers will be given: viewtopic.php?f=176&t=200480

Full Stack Web Developer :: Dedicated OpenCart Development & Support DACH Region
Contact for Custom Work / Fast Support.

Guru Member

Location - Austria

Post by SWCBY » Thu Jul 15, 2021 2:48 pm

OSWorX wrote:
Thu Jul 15, 2021 3:04 am
SWCBY wrote:
Thu Jul 15, 2021 2:05 am
Enabled Free Shipping module in Extensions. The geo-zone is proper.
Means what?
State here your geozone definition.
And tell us with which country you are trying to create a new order - either in the shop or via the backend.

And !!!, please read this here - otherwise no more answers will be given: viewtopic.php?f=176&t=200480
Hi OSWorX!
1. Your Exact OpenCart Version - 3.0.3.7
2. Used Template/Theme - default
3. (Additional) Installed Extension(s) - no (except Free Shipping extension, which was present in the system at the start as non-installed).
4. (Additional) Installed Translation(s) - no

I set up geozone in System/Localisation/Geo Zones by adding my country of order (Belarus) to the list of geozones (by default there were 2 geo zones - UK shipping and UK VAT zone). It is incorrect? Thank you!

Post by OSWorX » Thu Jul 15, 2021 7:10 pm

SWCBY wrote:
Thu Jul 15, 2021 2:48 pm
I set up geozone in System/Localisation/Geo Zones by adding my country of order (Belarus) to the list of geozones (by default there were 2 geo zones - UK shipping and UK VAT zone). It is incorrect? Thank you!
means, you have now 3 geozones:
UK Shipping (= default)
UK VAT (= default)
and the third > Belarus ?

And have added all Zones to each?
Or only a part?

Now if your customer - or you if you create a new order in the backend - is from one of these countries (=geozones), the shipping method should be selectable.
Required: the customers zone must be matched by one of the defined geozones.

Full Stack Web Developer :: Dedicated OpenCart Development & Support DACH Region

Guru Member

Location - Austria

Post by SWCBY » Thu Jul 15, 2021 11:02 pm

OSWorX wrote:
Thu Jul 15, 2021 7:10 pm
SWCBY wrote:
Thu Jul 15, 2021 2:48 pm
means, you have now 3 geozones:
UK Shipping (= default)
UK VAT (= default)
and the third > Belarus ?
Hi! Yes, exactly, 3 geozones (UK Shipping (= default) UK VAT (= default) and the third > Belarus).

And have added all Zones to each?
Or only a part?
Belarus - All zones (and Belarus is the only country needed in my case)
UK Shipping - All zones, UK VAT - some regions.

Now if your customer - or you if you create a new order in the backend - is from one of these countries (=geozones), the shipping method should be selectable.
Required: the customers zone must be matched by one of the defined geozones.
These requirements have been met, unfortunately does not work.

Post by OSWorX » Fri Jul 16, 2021 1:07 am

You wrote:
.. trying to manually fill the first sales order ..
Where (shop or backend) are you trying?
And which OpenCart versiona re you using?
And have you any additional extension installed?

Better to read that before answering: viewtopic.php?f=176&t=200480

Guru Member

Location - Austria

Post by SWCBY » Fri Jul 16, 2021 2:33 pm

OSWorX wrote:
Fri Jul 16, 2021 1:07 am
You wrote:
.. trying to manually fill the first sales order ..

Hi OSWorX!
backend.

no (except Free Shipping extension, which was present in the system at the start as non-installed).

Have read it. I believe i did my best to comply with the local community rules, if not, let me know, will correct.

One detail which may be useful to you: The order form isn't simply inactive in Shipping Method - it "jumps" from tab "3. Payment Details" straight to the tab "5. Totals" without stopping at "4. Shipping Details".

Post by OSWorX » Fri Jul 16, 2021 4:25 pm

The only thing I can say here: is at the product you have chosen before, the option for shipping enabled?
Otherwise no further reason comes into my mind why the shipping option should not be displayed - and the tab Shipping Details is not displayed if the product shall not be shipped.

Guru Member

Location - Austria

Post by SWCBY » Fri Jul 16, 2021 4:47 pm

OSWorX wrote:
Fri Jul 16, 2021 4:25 pm
The only thing I can say here: is at the product you have chosen before, the option for shipping enabled?
Otherwise no further reason comes into my mind why the shipping option should not be displayed - and the tab Shipping Details is not displayed if the product shall not be shipped.
Yes, it is enabled at the product section. Ok, will skip order filling for now, will return if any solutions come up.
p.s. No, the tab 4. Shipping Details is displayed, it's just skipped by the order filling process - I see the tab (not its contents), but by clicking "Continue" button I automatically get from tab 3 to tab 5.

Post by OSWorX » Fri Jul 16, 2021 6:42 pm

SWCBY wrote:
Fri Jul 16, 2021 4:47 pm
Yes, it is enabled at the product section. Ok, will skip order filling for now, will return if any solutions come up.
p.s. No, the tab 4. Shipping Details is displayed, it's just skipped by the order filling process - I see the tab (not its contents), but by clicking "Continue" button I automatically get from tab 3 to tab 5.
Seems all okay.
Don't know what's wrong with your installation, I would say: contact a developer you trust and let him inspect it.
Otherwise this will lead to a never ending story ..

Guru Member

Location - Austria