Post by jorem » Wed Jul 21, 2021 8:24 am

OC 3.0.3.7, standard theme...

Installed and used English during publicly hidden development. Intention was to eventually switch to Swedish when site went public.
Now it's public and Swedish shows as supposed. Except from a few instances which still shows in English, e.g. "Payment" which should show "Betalning" in Swedish.

I have every possible setting to "Swedish", both in admin and catalog. It's the default language. The html has lang="sv". I downloaded entire site from server and manually translated every "Payment" to "Betalning" and then uplodaded and refreshed cache. No go. Still in English.

I searched the database for "Payment", hoping to find something to translate to no avail.

Using payment extension from Payson (which ironically happens to be Swedish). But at checkout, the Payson plugin texts are in English.

Tested on computers and mobile phones that have Swedish as operative system language. Same there. Some instances such as the Payson checkout, shows in English.

The actual web server is physically located in UK. Is that the reason for this?

I'm flabbergasted and crossing my fingers that someone out there can help out.

Oh, I doubt that it's of any use, but the site is at https://stella-polaris.nu.
Last edited by jorem on Wed Jul 21, 2021 8:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Danne
----------------------------
https://proformica.com

Post by rjcalifornia » Wed Jul 21, 2021 9:31 am

jorem wrote:
Wed Jul 21, 2021 8:24 am
OC 3.0.3.7, standard theme...

I have every possible setting to "Swedish", both in admin and catalog. It's the default language. The html has lang="sv". I downloaded entire site from server and manually translated every "Payment" to "Betalning" and then uplodaded and refreshed cache. No go. Still in English.

I searched the database for "Payment", hoping to find something to translate to no avail.

Using payment extension from Payson (which ironically happens to be Swedish). But at checkout, the Payson plugin texts are in English.

Tested on computers and mobile phones that have Swedish as operative system language. Same there. Some instances such as the Payson checkout, shows in English.
That's a very customized theme. Did you check those files as well? The entire site is in the correct language, and the only thing I can think of is the payment gateway.

A2 Hosting features: Shared Turbo Boost, Managed Warp 1, Unmanaged Hyper 1, and Warp 2 Turbo

Location - Worldwide

Post by paulfeakins » Wed Jul 21, 2021 5:52 pm

Have you checked the Language settings in the admin?

UK OpenCart Hosting | OpenCart Audits | OpenCart Support - please email info@antropy.co.uk

Guru Member

Location - London Gatwick, United Kingdom

Post by jorem » Wed Jul 21, 2021 8:00 pm

Solved, kind of.
Turns out that the extension in some way overrides the Swedish language settings in OC if the computer's system is set to English, which mine is. Have had mail correspondence with Payson's techies, and they just mailed me a screen dump they took of the checkout and there, it was in Swedish. So, I give up....
Thanks for replies, though!

Danne
----------------------------
https://proformica.com

Post by ADD Creative » Wed Jul 21, 2021 10:20 pm

Maybe it was some kind of caching issue. Did you try clearing your browser's cache and cookies?

www.add-creative.co.uk

Expert Member

Location - United Kingdom