Post by VP-GREECE » Thu Jul 22, 2021 4:31 am

Hello,
I need help adding a script to an information page. How do I do that?
Thank you.

Post by fegdeed » Thu Jul 22, 2021 7:28 am

What kinda script are you referring to?

Get a secure, fast, and reliable web hosting service from https://turnuphosting.com.

Post by VP-GREECE » Thu Jul 22, 2021 3:04 pm

Thank you for replying. I want to add the following js script:

<script id="CookieDeclaration" src="https://consent.cookiebot.com/3c68fbe1- ... 0670/cd.js" type="text/javascript" async></script>

Expert Member

Location - România

Post by VP-GREECE » Thu Jul 22, 2021 4:24 pm

I have already done that.
What I want is to add the cookie declaration text which is the script that enables users to withdraw and modify their consent. I want to add it to a dedicated page in opencart so I creation a Cookie Policy information page. We cannot add scripts to the information pages via the editor so how can I go about doing that?

Thank you

Post by straightlight » Thu Jul 22, 2021 5:27 pm

VP-GREECE wrote:
Thu Jul 22, 2021 4:24 pm
What I want is to add the cookie declaration text which is the script that enables users to withdraw and modify their consent. I want to add it to a dedicated page in opencart so I creation a Cookie Policy information page. We cannot add scripts to the information pages via the editor so how can I go about doing that?

Thank you
OC version. Instead of a dedicated page, I would suggest the use of a modal version as an extension that can be downloaded from the Marketplace which handles GDPR or CCPA (still on-hold for CCRA).

Dedication and passion goes to those who are able to push and merge a project.

Regards,
Straightlight
Programmer / Opencart Tester

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by paulfeakins » Thu Jul 22, 2021 5:43 pm

VP-GREECE wrote:
What I want is to add the cookie declaration text
I really wouldn't bother with that EU rubbish.

UK OpenCart Hosting | OpenCart Audits | OpenCart Support - please email info@antropy.co.uk

Guru Member

Location - London Gatwick, United Kingdom

Post by VP-GREECE » Thu Jul 22, 2021 7:38 pm

straightlight wrote:
Thu Jul 22, 2021 5:27 pm
VP-GREECE wrote:

Thank you
OC version. Instead of a dedicated page, I would suggest the use of a modal version as an extension that can be downloaded from the Marketplace which handles GDPR or CCPA (still on-hold for CCRA).
Thank you for your suggestion. Most of the good quality modules are not free of charge so I would really like to add this cookiebot declaration to a dedicated page (information page if possible). Is it something overly complicated?

Post by straightlight » Thu Jul 22, 2021 7:54 pm

VP-GREECE wrote:
Thu Jul 22, 2021 7:38 pm
straightlight wrote:
Thu Jul 22, 2021 5:27 pm
VP-GREECE wrote:

Thank you
Thank you for your suggestion. Most of the good quality modules are not free of charge so I would really like to add this cookiebot declaration to a dedicated page (information page if possible). Is it something overly complicated?
If you are looking for free solutions, then Google search would be your best friend. Otherwise, you'd need to create a new service request in the Commercial Support section of the forum to get this done as a custom job.

Regards,
Straightlight

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by VP-GREECE » Thu Jul 22, 2021 8:10 pm

Thank you

Post by ADD Creative » Fri Jul 23, 2021 8:07 am

VP-GREECE wrote:
If your script doesn't need to be in the head. You can add scripts to the information pages in the Description box editor. Click on the code view </> button. Add your script. Now switch off the code view by clicking the </> button again. This is because of a bug, where saving in code view will not work. Also, due to another bug the script will execute in the admin when switching off code view. So only enter trusted scripts here. Once back in normal view, save.

www.add-creative.co.uk

Expert Member

Location - United Kingdom

Post by fegdeed » Fri Jul 23, 2021 1:06 pm

There are some free cookie related extensions on the marketplace, check this link https://www.opencart.com/index.php?rout ... rch=cookie.

Get a secure, fast, and reliable web hosting service from https://turnuphosting.com.

Post by ADD Creative » Fri Jul 23, 2021 4:23 pm

ADD Creative wrote:
Fri Jul 23, 2021 8:07 am
VP-GREECE wrote:
If your script doesn't need to be in the head. You can add scripts to the information pages in the Description box editor. Click on the code view </> button. Add your script. Now switch off the code view by clicking the </> button again. This is because of a bug, where saving in code view will not work. Also, due to another bug the script will execute in the admin when switching off code view. So only enter trusted scripts here. Once back in normal view, save.
If switching out of code view to save causes problems, due to the script running, there is a workaround so you can save without switching out of code view.
viewtopic.php?f=201&t=213287#p763240

But it won't stop the script being run next time you edit that page.

www.add-creative.co.uk

Expert Member

Location - United Kingdom

Post by VP-GREECE » Mon Jul 26, 2021 10:53 pm

It worked. Thank you so much. :) I thought it wasn't possible to save the script code at all. It was this simple and I had been googling for countless hours trying to find a solution.

Post by straightlight » Tue Jul 27, 2021 12:08 am

Now that the issue has been solved, please add: [SOLVED] at the beginning of the subject line on your first post.

Regards,
Straightlight

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON