Post by AllenFreeman » Fri Jul 23, 2021 11:27 pm

OpenCart 3.0.2.0 using the default theme.

The issue is the account/register page at https://paralegaldocuments.com/index.ph ... t/register

That customer registration page has no field titles and is missing the standard content of the page (page title, bread crumb, content that goes above/below reg form, etc.)

Oddly, the page still functions if entries to the First Name, Last Name, Email, Phone, Password, Confirm PW are made into the field boxes.

No other opencart pages seem to be affected, as checkout and contact us work properly.

Any ideas on this are appreciated. Thank you!

--Allen Freeman

Post by straightlight » Fri Jul 23, 2021 11:29 pm

AllenFreeman wrote:
Fri Jul 23, 2021 11:27 pm
OpenCart 3.0.2.0 using the default theme.

The issue is the account/register page at https://paralegaldocuments.com/index.ph ... t/register

That customer registration page has no field titles and is missing the standard content of the page (page title, bread crumb, content that goes above/below reg form, etc.)

Oddly, the page still functions if entries to the First Name, Last Name, Email, Phone, Password, Confirm PW are made into the field boxes.

No other opencart pages seem to be affected, as checkout and contact us work properly.

Any ideas on this are appreciated. Thank you!

--Allen Freeman
Seem to be a language issue with your custom theme. Switch back to the default theme to notice the differences. Since your store is live, however, I would first suggest to set your store under maintenance to make these tests.

Dedication and passion goes to those who are able to push and merge a project.

Regards,
Straightlight
Programmer / Opencart Tester

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by AllenFreeman » Tue Jul 27, 2021 12:22 am

Thanks for the reply straightlight. But I'm not using a custom theme; it's the default theme that came with 3.0.2.0 and a tiny bit of CSS...

Post by straightlight » Tue Jul 27, 2021 12:25 am

AllenFreeman wrote:
Tue Jul 27, 2021 12:22 am
Thanks for the reply straightlight. But I'm not using a custom theme; it's the default theme that came with 3.0.2.0 and a tiny bit of CSS...
See if your language files for that page are still existent on your file server and switch back to the default CSS noticing if that could solve the issue after clearing all OC cache.

Regards,
Straightlight

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by AllenFreeman » Sat Jul 31, 2021 10:55 pm

Yes, the language file exists. I removed the custom CSS then cleared all caches, but the page oddities remain the same:
https://paralegaldocuments.com/index.ph ... t/register

Post by straightlight » Sat Jul 31, 2021 11:28 pm

You could either contact the extension theme developer of that extension or create a new service request in the Commercial Support section of the forum to have this issue solved as a custom job.

Regards,
Straightlight

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by AllenFreeman » Thu Aug 05, 2021 4:34 am

I'm confused: the registration page is an extension? And it's been customized by the "extension theme developer of that extension" when the default theme is the theme in use?

Post by straightlight » Thu Aug 05, 2021 5:30 am

AllenFreeman wrote:
Thu Aug 05, 2021 4:34 am
I'm confused: the registration page is an extension? And it's been customized by the "extension theme developer of that extension" when the default theme is the theme in use?
This can be the case when the default folder is used as a custom theme instead of using a custom folder name. Which is why, deeper troubleshooting needs to be done on that end.

Regards,
Straightlight

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by xxvirusxx » Thu Aug 05, 2021 3:14 pm

Check ocmod logs to see if an ocmod extension make changes in register.twig

Code: Select all

<input type="hidden" name="ct_checkjs" id="ct_checkjs" value="2021">

Upgrade Service | OC 2.3.0.2 PHP 8 | My Custom OC 3.0.3.8 | Buy me a beer

Expert Member

Location - România