Post by junpei_itadori » Mon Jul 26, 2021 9:03 am

My site was taken offline by a DOS attack on the route=payment/firstdata_gge4/send endpoint (I'm running Opencart2.1.0.1, and using the Payeezy First Data GGe4 Module.). This was not a problem with the server's ability to handle the load but rather because this API makes a database query which is very expensive on server resources, and exceeded the max allowed connections to the database. I was wondering if there is a fix for this, e.g. adding a CAPTCHA verification for this API access.

Post by Johnathan » Mon Jul 26, 2021 9:40 pm

Yes, it would be possible to add a captcha to this process, but you'd have to hire a developer to do that. I would recommend you first contact the extension developer, and if they are unable or unwilling to do it, try to find another reliable developer.

If you need to find a developer, you can post a request in the OpenCart "Commercial Support" forum, which is checked by a number of OpenCart developers. You can also try checking out the OpenCart "Partners" area.

Image Image Image Image Image

Administrator

Post by paulfeakins » Fri Jul 30, 2021 7:42 pm

Johnathan wrote:
Mon Jul 26, 2021 9:40 pm
Yes, it would be possible to add a captcha to this process
It seems like that endpoint my be called by their API? In which case it wouldn't be possible to add a CAPTCHA?

UK OpenCart Hosting | OpenCart Audits | OpenCart Support - please email info@antropy.co.uk

Guru Member

Location - London Gatwick, United Kingdom

Post by paulfeakins » Fri Jul 30, 2021 7:42 pm

junpei_itadori wrote:
Mon Jul 26, 2021 9:03 am
My site was taken offline by a DOS attack
If it's DOS not DDOS then simply block their IPs.

UK OpenCart Hosting | OpenCart Audits | OpenCart Support - please email info@antropy.co.uk

Guru Member

Location - London Gatwick, United Kingdom