Post by alexa » Mon Jul 26, 2021 1:40 pm

Could someone please tell me how to make guest checkout default for checkout?

OC 3.0.3.7
No extensions
Defalut template

Thanks
Last edited by alexa on Tue Jul 27, 2021 1:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post by straightlight » Tue Jul 27, 2021 12:17 am

Admin > Systems > Settings > Edit Settings . Set Yes to: 'Guest Checkout' option.

Dedication and passion goes to those who are able to push and merge a project.

Regards,
Straightlight
Programmer / Opencart Tester

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by alexa » Tue Jul 27, 2021 1:09 am

straightlight wrote:
Tue Jul 27, 2021 12:17 am
Admin > Systems > Settings > Edit Settings . Set Yes to: 'Guest Checkout' option.
No no, that makes the Guest Checkout option visible ... okay ... but what I want is for it to be selected by default.
By default create account is checked, I want Guest checkout to be checked by default.

((And ... yes, double post on the same topic, it happens that I made the post yesterday and as it was not published today I have done it again in case there was an error ... now I am looking for how to delete the other post ...))

Post by straightlight » Tue Jul 27, 2021 1:14 am

Please use Google for this. Took me 2 secs to find it: viewtopic.php?t=183338#p671052 .

Regards,
Straightlight

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by alexa » Tue Jul 27, 2021 1:23 am

straightlight wrote:
Tue Jul 27, 2021 1:14 am
Please use Google for this. Took me 2 secs to find it: viewtopic.php?t=183338#p671052 .
I'm sorry to tell you that it took me the same time to realize that the post you mention doesn't work for OC 3.0.3.7.
Before asking the question, check here on the forum and on Google and there is no answer. There is an answer for version 2 of OC, but not for superior ones of OC 3.
I suggest that before answering and guiding people wrongly, you check whether this is correct or not. Your two answers tell me that you have not read the question.

Post by straightlight » Tue Jul 27, 2021 1:25 am

alexa wrote:
Tue Jul 27, 2021 1:23 am
straightlight wrote:
I'm sorry to tell you that it took me the same time to realize that the post you mention doesn't work for OC 3.0.3.7.
Before asking the question, check here on the forum and on Google and there is no answer. There is an answer for version 2 of OC, but not for superior ones of OC 3.
I suggest that before answering and guiding people wrongly, you check whether this is correct or not. Your two answers tell me that you have not read the question.
The guidance was purely addressed to the answer you were looking for. As you stated, however, you did not addressed prior that you did tried this solution before. Therefore, as per the forum rules, please address all the information that you tried before posting a new topic. In addition, you are also indicating that an OC 2 solution has been posted but you did not addressed where this solution on the forum has been posted before. That's 2 counts.

Regards,
Straightlight

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by LorenaUY » Tue Jul 27, 2021 1:29 am

alexa wrote:
straightlight wrote:
That is correct, a few days ago I looked for the same thing and there is no information on either San Google or here or on YouTube.
Much for OC2.0.3 but not updated, I tried it anyway and the codes are not even inside ...

Post by straightlight » Tue Jul 27, 2021 1:33 am

LorenaUY wrote:
Tue Jul 27, 2021 1:29 am
alexa wrote:
straightlight wrote:
That is correct, a few days ago I looked for the same thing and there is no information on either San Google or here or on YouTube.
Much for OC2.0.3 but not updated, I tried it anyway and the codes are not even inside ...
What did you tried by reference and step-by-step?

Regards,
Straightlight

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by LorenaUY » Tue Jul 27, 2021 1:45 am

straightlight wrote:
Tue Jul 27, 2021 1:33 am
LorenaUY wrote:
alexa wrote:

I tried what was stated for older versions of Opencart, but it didn't work.
I tried to follow the steps indicated for OC2 but on my website with OC3.0.3.7 The references are several posts here, one is the one you mentioned.

A few days ago (2 days) I made a post with an error message when registering from checkout ... (issues that my hosting has not resolved yet ... and I do not know if it will), and I see that if the client does click on Guest everything works correctly, not so in register account .. for this reason I wanted to set Guest Checkout by default and remove Create account, since in my case it does not matter if the client creates an account or not. But there is nothing for OC3 at least in my searches.

If anyone knows how ... eternally grateful!

Post by straightlight » Tue Jul 27, 2021 1:53 am

You could always create a new service request in the Commercial Support section of the forum to have this issue solved as a custom job.

Regards,
Straightlight

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by alexa » Tue Jul 27, 2021 2:04 am

LorenaUY wrote:
Tue Jul 27, 2021 1:45 am
straightlight wrote:
LorenaUY wrote:

I tried to follow the steps indicated for OC2 but on my website with OC3.0.3.7 The references are several posts here, one is the one you mentioned.

A few days ago (2 days) I made a post with an error message when registering from checkout ... (issues that my hosting has not resolved yet ... and I do not know if it will), and I see that if the client does click on Guest everything works correctly, not so in register account .. for this reason I wanted to set Guest Checkout by default and remove Create account, since in my case it does not matter if the client creates an account or not. But there is nothing for OC3 at least in my searches.

That is exactly what happens to me!!!
Click on "Register account" and a cookie error appears, and in Guest Checkout it does not appear, so I am trying to change the default value. The hosting service says it will fix it but there are no dates. Meanwhile purchases are blocked.

Have you solved it somehow?

Post by LorenaUY » Tue Jul 27, 2021 2:11 am

alexa wrote:
Tue Jul 27, 2021 2:04 am
LorenaUY wrote:
straightlight wrote:

Click on "Register account" and a cookie error appears, and in Guest Checkout it does not appear, so I am trying to change the default value. The hosting service says it will fix it but there are no dates. Meanwhile purchases are blocked.

My precarious but at least working solution...
viewtopic.php?f=202&t=224903#p825671

Hope the alternative works for you.

Post by straightlight » Tue Jul 27, 2021 2:16 am

The solution you are providing leads your guests / customers back to the cart page on their first visit to the checkout as you described on that post ...

Regards,
Straightlight

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by alexa » Tue Jul 27, 2021 2:24 am

LorenaUY wrote:
Tue Jul 27, 2021 2:11 am
alexa wrote:
Tue Jul 27, 2021 2:04 am
LorenaUY wrote:

My precarious but at least working solution...
viewtopic.php?f=202&t=224903#p825671

Hope the alternative works for you.
Thanks for the alternative that you leave in the link !!!
I'm going to put it into practice right now ...
Customers who call the store and say they cannot register are told to create their account in advance and everything works as it should! But those who do not call are lost customers. So this solution helps me a lot at the moment! Thanks.
(My English is from Google translator...sorry)