Post by jorem » Tue Jul 27, 2021 11:42 pm

OC 3.0.3.7 and using an extension that sends the same confirmation mail that customer gets also to admin. Regretfully, I can't remember the actual extension name and can't find it. But in installer history, there two that might fit the bill: coceadminoc3replace.ocmod.zip or fixoc3installer.ocmod.zip.

Anyhow, admin (shop owner) gets two "identical" mail from every purchase. Sometimes even four. The mails are "identical" except from a couple of ID:s in the source created by the sending mail server's smtp.

The admin isn't using any mail client with some odd forward setting that makes it send mails back to itself.

I first suggested that he would simply accept the flaw and delete the duplicates (easy, since they have the same headline) . But now he's getting several hundred orders daily and it's a royal PITA for him.

So, where/how can I stop this from happening?

In conjunction to that: When OC sends out order confirmation to customer, shouldn't that mail end up in the mail account's "Sent" folder? Because, as of now, it's not. Or is it that the "sent version" is the extra one that ends up in the "Incoming" folder?

Looking forward to insights and suggestions.

Danne
----------------------------
https://proformica.com

Post by straightlight » Wed Jul 28, 2021 12:14 am

jorem wrote:
Tue Jul 27, 2021 11:42 pm
OC 3.0.3.7 and using an extension that sends the same confirmation mail that customer gets also to admin. Regretfully, I can't remember the actual extension name and can't find it. But in installer history, there two that might fit the bill: coceadminoc3replace.ocmod.zip or fixoc3installer.ocmod.zip.

Anyhow, admin (shop owner) gets two "identical" mail from every purchase. Sometimes even four. The mails are "identical" except from a couple of ID:s in the source created by the sending mail server's smtp.

The admin isn't using any mail client with some odd forward setting that makes it send mails back to itself.

I first suggested that he would simply accept the flaw and delete the duplicates (easy, since they have the same headline) . But now he's getting several hundred orders daily and it's a royal PITA for him.

So, where/how can I stop this from happening?

In conjunction to that: When OC sends out order confirmation to customer, shouldn't that mail end up in the mail account's "Sent" folder? Because, as of now, it's not. Or is it that the "sent version" is the extra one that ends up in the "Incoming" folder?

Looking forward to insights and suggestions.
Contact the extension developer to resolve the issue. As an alternative, you could also create a new service request in the Commercial Support section of the forum to solve this issue has a custom job.

Dedication and passion goes to those who are able to push and merge a project.

Regards,
Straightlight
Programmer / Opencart Tester

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by jorem » Wed Jul 28, 2021 12:39 am

straightlight wrote:
Wed Jul 28, 2021 12:14 am
Contact the extension developer to resolve the issue. As an alternative, you could also create a new service request in the Commercial Support section of the forum to solve this issue has a custom job.
Thanks for suggestion, but perhaps you missed a few parts of my post, or perhaps I'm just getting daft. ;-)
1. I haven't a clue what the extension name actually is. Hence, I can't find it among extensions. The only hint I can get is from the list of installed extensions, as above. And therefore, I have no idea which extension developer to contact.
2. But how about the sent mail issue. Aren't sent mails supposed to end up in the account's sent mails folder?

Danne

Post by straightlight » Wed Jul 28, 2021 12:42 am

jorem wrote:
Wed Jul 28, 2021 12:39 am
straightlight wrote:
Wed Jul 28, 2021 12:14 am
Thanks for suggestion, but perhaps you missed a few parts of my post, or perhaps I'm just getting daft. ;-)
1. I haven't a clue what the extension name actually is. Hence, I can't find it among extensions. The only hint I can get is from the list of installed extensions, as above. And therefore, I have no idea which extension developer to contact.
2. But how about the sent mail issue. Aren't sent mails supposed to end up in the account's sent mails folder?
Then, what you wrote on the above was not missed since what I also stated on my previous post is that the Commercial Support section of the forum can also be used since you claim to not know the source of origin of the extensions causing the issue.

As for the emails sent, the emails sent from the web ends up in no folders. They're sent on-the-fly, with the hope for store owners to use SMTP servers with TLS Encryption, and being whitelisted in order for their customers to properly receive these emails.

Regards,
Straightlight

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by jorem » Wed Jul 28, 2021 1:00 am

straightlight wrote:
Wed Jul 28, 2021 12:42 am
Then, what you wrote on the above was not missed since what I also stated on my previous post is that the Commercial Support section of the forum can also be used since you claim to not know the source of origin of the extensions causing the issue.

As for the emails sent, the emails sent from the web ends up in no folders. They're sent on-the-fly, with the hope for store owners to use SMTP servers with TLS Encryption, and being whitelisted in order for their customers to properly receive these emails.
Ah, thanks a bunch for letting me know why sent mails aren't saved in the mail account as "sent". I was a bit confused about that.
But your response to my original question about my inability to find the extension creator by just advising me to go to commercial support was kind of useless and somewhat arrogant. Not at all the high quality and very informative replies you usually posts. Maybe a bad day?

Danne

Post by straightlight » Wed Jul 28, 2021 1:06 am

jorem wrote:
Wed Jul 28, 2021 1:00 am
straightlight wrote:
Wed Jul 28, 2021 12:42 am

Ah, thanks a bunch for letting me know why sent mails aren't saved in the mail account as "sent". I was a bit confused about that.
But your response to my original question about my inability to find the extension creator by just advising me to go to commercial support was kind of useless and somewhat arrogant. Not at all the high quality and very informative replies you usually posts. Maybe a bad day?
You may provide the feedback as you may believe but according to your first post the store is already live so suggesting otherwise, even to uninstall each extensions, while your customers are already shopping and buying the goods, would that put you in a better solution since you'd still be provided as a suggestion to put your store under maintenance and interrupt your sales to troubleshoot your extensions while the Commercial Support suggestion could still track the source of the issue even though the store is live? The decision becomes yours on that end since, again, you claim not to know which extension is causing the issue.

Regards,
Straightlight

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by jorem » Wed Jul 28, 2021 1:16 am

straightlight wrote:
Wed Jul 28, 2021 1:06 am

You may provide the feedback as you may believe but according to your first post the store is already live so suggesting otherwise, even to uninstall each extensions, while your customers are already shopping and buying the goods, would that put you in a better solution since you'd still be provided as a suggestion to put your store under maintenance and interrupt your sales to troubleshoot your extensions while the Commercial Support suggestion could still track the source of the issue even though the store is live? The decision becomes yours on that end since, again, you claim not to know which extension is causing the issue.
Ok. Whatever. Just surprised and a bit disappointed about your replies in this thread. You're usually much better, kinder, helpful and humble. Not this hostile approach. So, let's just drop it. Hopefully, someone else will come up with a suggestion.

Danne

Post by straightlight » Wed Jul 28, 2021 1:19 am

jorem wrote:
Wed Jul 28, 2021 1:16 am
straightlight wrote:
Wed Jul 28, 2021 1:06 am

Ok. Whatever. Just surprised and a bit disappointed about your replies in this thread. You're usually much better, kinder, helpful and humble. Not this hostile approach. So, let's just drop it. Hopefully, someone else will come up with a suggestion.
The hostility is based on your observation, and yours only. My replies on this topic are replied on-point with the information you needed to know. If the goal on providing such feedback on the public forum to avoid the solutions that were provided to you is what you were rather looking for, that choice is yours.

Regards,
Straightlight

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by jorem » Wed Jul 28, 2021 1:27 am

straightlight wrote:
Wed Jul 28, 2021 1:19 am
The hostility is based on your observation, and yours only. My replies on this topic are replied on-point with the information you needed to know. If the goal on providing such feedback on the public forum to avoid the solutions that were provided to you is what you were rather looking for, that choice is yours.
Ok. I capitulate, surrender and truly apologize for not posting my question/replies as you require. Are you real?

Danne

Post by straightlight » Wed Jul 28, 2021 1:32 am

jorem wrote:
Wed Jul 28, 2021 1:27 am
straightlight wrote:
Wed Jul 28, 2021 1:19 am
Ok. I capitulate, surrender and truly apologize for not posting my question/replies as you require. Are you real?
It is as real as you want it to be. The topics created by the OP users on the forum are not entitled on my direct behalf, they are rather entitled by the users who created the forum rules as these forum rules were submitted way before this topic was created today. Therefore, I would suggest to read the forum rules prior for you to create new topics at this point.

Regards,
Straightlight

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by ADD Creative » Wed Jul 28, 2021 1:40 am

Check System -> Settings -> Edit (Your Store) -> Mail (Tab) -> Additional Alert Mail is empty or doesn't contain the main email.

The catalog/controller/mail/order.php files sends the emails. Check if this has been modified. Extensions -> Modifications -> Log (tab). Or you could search in the modifications table in the database.

If nothing there check your events. Extensions -> Events. mail_order_add and mail_order_alert are the standard ones that trigger on catalog/model/checkout/order/addOrderHistory/before. The action is mail/order which relates to the controller above. If there similar additional events, it might help find the extension or disable them.

www.add-creative.co.uk

Expert Member

Location - United Kingdom

Post by jorem » Wed Jul 28, 2021 1:45 am

ADD Creative wrote:
Wed Jul 28, 2021 1:40 am
Check System -> Settings -> Edit (Your Store) -> Mail (Tab) -> Additional Alert Mail is empty or doesn't contain the main email.

The catalog/controller/mail/order.php files sends the emails. Check if this has been modified. Extensions -> Modifications -> Log (tab). Or you could search in the modifications table in the database.

If nothing there check your events. Extensions -> Events. mail_order_add and mail_order_alert are the standard ones that trigger on catalog/model/checkout/order/addOrderHistory/before. The action is mail/order which relates to the controller above. If there similar additional events, it might help find the extension or disable them.
Thanks a million! Will try your suggestion. :-)

Danne

Post by jorem » Wed Jul 28, 2021 1:51 am

straightlight wrote:
Wed Jul 28, 2021 1:32 am
It is as real as you want it to be. The topics created by the OP users on the forum are not entitled on my direct behalf, they are rather entitled by the users who created the forum rules as these forum rules were submitted way before this topic was created today. Therefore, I would suggest to read the forum rules prior for you to create new topics at this point.
Again, I truly apologize for not posting my question the way you deem to be correct. I hope that you will be able to forgive me. I also beg you to not add more comments to this thread. Of course with outmost respect.

Danne

Post by straightlight » Wed Jul 28, 2021 2:03 am

jorem wrote:
Wed Jul 28, 2021 1:51 am
straightlight wrote:
Wed Jul 28, 2021 1:32 am
Again, I truly apologize for not posting my question the way you deem to be correct. I hope that you will be able to forgive me. I also beg you to not add more comments to this thread. Of course with outmost respect.
Not a problem. I have now ensured not to reply to your topics / post from now on as long as my username without source doesn't come up on your behalf as per the forum rules.

Regards,
Straightlight

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by jorem » Wed Jul 28, 2021 2:16 am

straightlight wrote:
Wed Jul 28, 2021 2:03 am

Not a problem. I have now ensured not to reply to your topics / post from now on as long as my username without source doesn't come up on your behalf as per the forum rules.
Thank you. Meanwhile, and perhaps for your own well-being, maybe consider your ability to communicate with others? Being nice, polite and understanding is a pretty good way to get around and I assume that that's what you expect from others. Take care!

Danne

Post by straightlight » Wed Jul 28, 2021 2:25 am

jorem wrote:
Wed Jul 28, 2021 2:16 am
straightlight wrote:
Wed Jul 28, 2021 2:03 am

Thank you. Meanwhile, and perhaps for your own well-being, maybe consider your ability to communicate with others? Being nice, polite and understanding is a pretty good way to get around and I assume that that's what you expect from others. Take care!
First on the hostility, now about being impolite. Not an issue. I am sure others will be able to make the comparison where your first post started. Please feel free to wait for support on your own.

Regards,
Straightlight

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by jorem » Wed Jul 28, 2021 3:01 am

straightlight wrote:
Wed Jul 28, 2021 2:25 am

First on the hostility, now about being impolite. Not an issue. I am sure others will be able to make the comparison where your first post started. Please feel free to wait for support on your own.
Ok, whatever. Can you then please stop posting, as I asked you before? As in one of your previous replies, you made a point that you would never reply or comment to any of my posts. What happened to that? You obviously still do, despite your pledge. Or is it that you desperately need to have some kind of "final say"?

Please, Straighlight. I'm not in any way questioning your OpenCart knowledge. On the contrary. I'm amazed how you're able solve the most obscure problems. I'm just at mere newbie. But as a human being, I'm baffled by your way to respond. It's as if you're angry. As if you need to let the OP know that you know best.

Again: whatever. Just asking you to please stay away from this thread (as you promised earlier) and, for your own sake, start consider if maybe your public approach and communication skills could be improved.

Take care, man!

Danne

Post by straightlight » Wed Jul 28, 2021 4:27 am

jorem wrote:
Wed Jul 28, 2021 3:01 am
straightlight wrote:
Wed Jul 28, 2021 2:25 am

Ok, whatever. Can you then please stop posting, as I asked you before? As in one of your previous replies, you made a point that you would never reply or comment to any of my posts. What happened to that? You obviously still do, despite your pledge. Or is it that you desperately need to have some kind of "final say"?

Please, Straighlight. I'm not in any way questioning your OpenCart knowledge. On the contrary. I'm amazed how you're able solve the most obscure problems. I'm just at mere newbie. But as a human being, I'm baffled by your way to respond. It's as if you're angry. As if you need to let the OP know that you know best.

Again: whatever. Just asking you to please stay away from this thread (as you promised earlier) and, for your own sake, start consider if maybe your public approach and communication skills could be improved.

Take care, man!
The solution was provided already. Two forum supporters suggests for you to look for those extensions if the problem persists. I, as a credibility, did provided the additional option to consider Commercial Support as you dictated yourself that you are unable to find the root cause of the extensions causing email orders to loop in your live store. Until you get that, you'll never understand your own mistakes. The replies you are providing against these instructions remains on you and your own doing. With that being said, and as I said before, it is up to you to decide how long you're going to be like this rather than considering what people are suggesting you to do with your store while you do have some help around.

Regards,
Straightlight

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by jorem » Wed Jul 28, 2021 4:37 am

straightlight wrote:
Wed Jul 28, 2021 4:27 am

The solution was provided already. Two forum supporters suggests for you to look for those extensions if the problem persists. I, as a credibility, did provided the additional option to consider Commercial Support as you dictated yourself that you are unable to find the root cause of the extensions causing email orders to loop in your live store. Until you get that, you'll never understand your own mistakes. The replies you are providing against these instructions remains on you and your own doing. With that being said, and as I said before, it is up to you to decide how long you're going to be like this rather than considering what people are suggesting you to do with your store while you do have some help around.
Gosh. I asked you kindly to please not post anything in this thread. You had already stated that you wouldn't reply or comment to any of my posts. Still you do. Can you please, please just back off?

Danne

Post by straightlight » Wed Jul 28, 2021 4:42 am

jorem wrote:
Wed Jul 28, 2021 4:37 am
straightlight wrote:
Wed Jul 28, 2021 4:27 am

Gosh. I asked you kindly to please not post anything in this thread. You had already stated that you wouldn't reply or comment to any of my posts. Still you do. Can you please, please just back off?
It's not what I said straightforward. You're only reading the part you either want to understand or the part you believe it is. What you did on that first page is on you and the results on posting such remarks to forum supporters on the public forum. People are offering you assistance, it is up to you to take it.

Regards,
Straightlight

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON