Post by todavy » Sat Sep 18, 2021 4:06 am

OC 3.0.3.7
In what file(s) can I edit the html in the "quick drop down cart" (that opens when you click at the black cart button at the right top) . I'd like to change the texts at the bottom (Show cart / checkout) to buttons instead.

Post by straightlight » Sat Sep 18, 2021 4:54 am

URL. Normally it would be in the custom theme's stylesheet.css file you're using. For more information, contact the extension developer to resolve this issue.

Dedication and passion goes to those who are able to push and merge a project.

Regards,
Straightlight
Programmer / Opencart Tester

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by webocreation.com » Sat Sep 18, 2021 8:01 am

Hi,
If you are using the default theme and you know what and why you are changing then the easy way but not recommended way is like below:
Go to admin >> Design >> Theme Editor >> Choose your store >> Default >> Click Common >> cart.twig
Then, add below CSS at the top:

Code: Select all

<style>
  #cart p.text-right a{
  	color: #fff;
    background: #23a1d1;
    padding: 10px 20px;
    border-radius: 30px;
  }
</style>
With these changes, I think you can show the link as button :)

Blog free tips and tricks
Free extensions
OpenCart Tutorials
OpenCart Tutorials Youtube Video for developers

Post by straightlight » Sat Sep 18, 2021 7:46 pm

webocreation.com wrote:
Sat Sep 18, 2021 8:01 am
Hi,
If you are using the default theme and you know what and why you are changing then the easy way but not recommended way is like below:
Go to admin >> Design >> Theme Editor >> Choose your store >> Default >> Click Common >> cart.twig
Then, add below CSS at the top:

Code: Select all

<style>
  #cart p.text-right a{
  	color: #fff;
    background: #23a1d1;
    padding: 10px 20px;
    border-radius: 30px;
  }
</style>
With these changes, I think you can show the link as button :)
Not good practice. Styles are not supposed to be added in the HTML body.

Regards,
Straightlight

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by by mona » Sat Sep 18, 2021 11:47 pm

In general inline-styles are not the best practice, but there are cases where inline styling is better practice, however this is not one of them.

The syntax kindly provided by webcreation definitely would be better to be put inside the stylesheet and not the html.

DISCLAIMER:
You should not modify core files .. if you would like to donate a cup of coffee I will write it in a modification for you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zXIxDoCRc84

Expert Member

Post by straightlight » Sun Sep 19, 2021 5:08 am

Or, by using custom CSS files.

Regards,
Straightlight

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by by mona » Sun Sep 19, 2021 6:21 am

I believe css stands for cascading style sheet - I did not mentioned which stylesheet to use

:laugh:
increased post counters are caused by redundancies of the same solutions that were already provided prior

Have a nice evening Mr Straightlight,
I know you just don’t read things properly sometimes, take pride and pleasure from “critique”, ex-school master maybe ?

DISCLAIMER:
You should not modify core files .. if you would like to donate a cup of coffee I will write it in a modification for you.

Expert Member

Post by mikeinterserv » Sun Sep 19, 2021 8:51 am

Well - none of those ideas are ideal are they.
Do this
As per webocreation - but INSTEAD - OCMOD the style straight into the html header of cart.twig.
This will survive upgrades, will override any unwanted style from the stylesheet or bootstrap etc and is highly unlikely to clash with any other OCMods.

Location - Wales

Post by by mona » Sun Sep 19, 2021 6:21 pm

Do this
As per webocreation - but INSTEAD - OCMOD the style straight into the html header of cart.twig.
This will survive upgrades, will override any unwanted style from the stylesheet or bootstrap etc and is highly unlikely to clash with any other OCMods.
No don’t.

- The correct and ideal procedure to implement webcreations suggestion would be to use css and to put it into a stylesheet.

- cart.twig does not have a html header.

- The mini cart appears on every page, so if you were going to do something like that (which in this situation is not correct), then the header.twig would be more appropriate.

DISCLAIMER:

Expert Member

Post by straightlight » Sun Sep 19, 2021 7:42 pm

by mona wrote:
Sun Sep 19, 2021 6:21 am
I believe css stands for cascading style sheet - I did not mentioned which stylesheet to use

increased post counters are caused by redundancies of the same solutions that were already provided prior

I know you just don’t read things properly sometimes, take pride and pleasure from “critique”, ex-school master maybe ?
Nor were you quoted about it. Custom CSS is also a solution that Opencart provides. It's just that people, such as yourself, tends to provide dry information such as the stylesheet as the simple term while users do have the ability to use custom codes.

Regards,
Straightlight

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by by mona » Sun Sep 19, 2021 8:20 pm

straightlight wrote:
Sun Sep 19, 2021 7:42 pm
by mona wrote:

Nor were you quoted about it. Custom CSS is also a solution that Opencart provides. It's just that people, such as yourself, tends to provide dry information such as the stylesheet as the simple term while users do have the ability to use custom codes.
no I was quoting your footer - tis true :laugh:

I provided “dry” information as you choose to call it because it was accurate - there was not enough information provided to be more accurate.

You are an impossible person to please, so it should not be attempted

Your last line does not follow and is just being rude, but to take a look in the mirror.
straightlight wrote:
Sat Sep 18, 2021 4:54 am
URL. Normally it would be in the custom theme's stylesheet.css file you're using. For more information, contact the extension developer to resolve this issue.
Have a great day seriously.

DISCLAIMER:

Expert Member

Post by straightlight » Sun Sep 19, 2021 8:44 pm

by mona wrote:
Sun Sep 19, 2021 8:20 pm
straightlight wrote:
Sun Sep 19, 2021 7:42 pm
by mona wrote:

no I was quoting your footer - tis true :laugh:

I provided “dry” information as you choose to call it because it was accurate - there was not enough information provided to be more accurate.

You are an impossible person to please, so it should not be attempted

Your last line does not follow and is just being rude, but to take a look in the mirror.
straightlight wrote:
Sat Sep 18, 2021 4:54 am
Have a great day seriously.
The purpose of this forum is not to please nor to tear down other forum supporters. It is rather about assisting the users requesting assistance with their detailed Opencart issues as per the forum rules. If you were informed otherwise, then no hard feelings here but you simply may have been misguided on that end.

Regards,
Straightlight

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by mikeinterserv » Sun Sep 19, 2021 9:16 pm

by mona wrote:
Sun Sep 19, 2021 6:21 pm
Do this
No don’t.

- The correct and ideal procedure to implement webcreations suggestion would be to use css and to put it into a stylesheet.
Why ?
You really are as much hinderance as help sometimes. The BEST and CORRECT PROCEDUERE ! - ONLY from MONA :-) Arrogance beyond belief sometimes.

Location - Wales

Post by by mona » Mon Sep 20, 2021 12:05 am

@Straightlight apology accepted, I hold no hard feelings towards you.

@mike You failed to notice I did not add you to the quote, it was not directed at you, nor was I talking to you. I believe if you read the thread Straightlight already answered that, twice in fact . The two points you missed off your quote were to assist anyone in the future who did not understand. I am sure Straightlight is far more of a suitable candidate to explain further, I shall not.

DISCLAIMER:

Expert Member

Post by paulfeakins » Mon Sep 20, 2021 5:29 pm

I would also add that using the in-built theme editor is usually a pretty bad idea because vQmods and OCMODs will then not work on those.

UK OpenCart Hosting | OpenCart Audits | OpenCart Support - please email info@antropy.co.uk

Guru Member

Location - London Gatwick, United Kingdom