Post by Jonas92 » Tue Sep 21, 2021 3:31 pm

Hello
Is it possible to have opencart generate a order prefix only when the visitor has paid for the products or opted for payment at the time of delivery?

Now the order prefix is ​​generated even when the visitor does not pay for the products, which is inconvenient because we have to track and cancel the invoices on our own.

OpenCart 3.0.3.7 is used
Last edited by Jonas92 on Tue Sep 21, 2021 5:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post by thekrotek » Tue Sep 21, 2021 5:14 pm

Order prefix? Account prefix? What are you even talking about?

Professional OpenCart extensions, support and custom work.
Contact me via email or Skype by support@thekrotek.com

Expert Member

Post by Jonas92 » Tue Sep 21, 2021 5:17 pm

I’m talking about order prefix

Post by thekrotek » Tue Sep 21, 2021 5:26 pm

Good. Then you're not making sense at all, because there's no such thing as order prefix.

Professional OpenCart extensions, support and custom work.
Contact me via email or Skype by support@thekrotek.com

Expert Member

Post by paulfeakins » Tue Sep 21, 2021 5:44 pm

Jonas92 wrote:
Tue Sep 21, 2021 5:17 pm
You probably mean Order ID, and in that case you should search this forum before posting because this questions has been asked and answered many times before.

UK OpenCart Hosting | OpenCart Audits | OpenCart Support - please email info@antropy.co.uk

Guru Member

Location - London Gatwick, United Kingdom

Post by Jonas92 » Tue Sep 21, 2021 6:29 pm

paulfeakins wrote:
Tue Sep 21, 2021 5:44 pm
Jonas92 wrote:
You probably mean Order ID, and in that case you should search this forum before posting because this questions has been asked and answered many times before.
I don’t think it’s the same. I’m talking about Invoice Prefix. I want it to be generated only when payment is received or when payment is selected in cash on delivery.

Post by by mona » Tue Sep 21, 2021 6:40 pm

That is how it works already
Only when you create the invoice (top right button) in orders is an invoice created - an invoice number.
So I guess it must be an extension

DISCLAIMER:
You should not modify core files .. if you would like to donate a cup of coffee I will write it in a modification for you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zXIxDoCRc84

Expert Member

Post by Gergely » Tue Sep 21, 2021 6:44 pm

Hi Jonas92,

I think this could have been a source of confusion...
Jonas92 wrote:
Jonas92 wrote:
Tue Sep 21, 2021 6:29 pm
I don’t think it’s the same. I’m talking about Invoice Prefix. I want it to be generated only when payment is received or when payment is selected in cash on delivery.
Further, I believe invoices are not generated automatically by default, but by clicking on the green gear icon on the Order Info page. If generating the invoice only when needed is not a feasible option for you, you might be using an extension to generate your invoices automatically. If this is the case, you should contact the extension developer about this issue.

If you would like to generate invoices with a different prefix for different order statuses (this is an assumption, I'm not sure this is what you need), vanilla opencart doesn't have support for that, but it could be achieved with an extension / custom job.

I hope this is somewhat helpful, please let me know if I misunderstood your query!

Edit: Posted parallel to mona, who pretty much covers the same thing.

Post by Archana » Tue Sep 21, 2021 7:14 pm

Jonas92 wrote:
Tue Sep 21, 2021 3:31 pm
Hello
Is it possible to have opencart generate a order prefix only when the visitor has paid for the products or opted for payment at the time of delivery?

Now the order prefix is ​​generated even when the visitor does not pay for the products, which is inconvenient because we have to track and cancel the invoices on our own.

OpenCart 3.0.3.7 is used
Hello,
Which Order Prefix are you referring to? Can you please share your query in detail so that we can assist you.

For skillful Opencart Support contact WEBKUL
Our Modules

Post by straightlight » Tue Sep 21, 2021 7:19 pm

Jonas92 wrote:
Tue Sep 21, 2021 3:31 pm
Hello

OpenCart 3.0.3.7 is used
It looks like the OP is referring to a shipping service extension he might be using. If the case, what shipping service extension is this about?

Dedication and passion goes to those who are able to push and merge a project.

Regards,
Straightlight
Programmer / Opencart Tester

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by Jonas92 » Wed Sep 22, 2021 4:45 pm

Gergely wrote:
Tue Sep 21, 2021 6:44 pm
Hi Jonas92,

Jonas92 wrote:
Jonas92 wrote:
Further, I believe invoices are not generated automatically by default, but by clicking on the green gear icon on the Order Info page. If generating the invoice only when needed is not a feasible option for you, you might be using an extension to generate your invoices automatically. If this is the case, you should contact the extension developer about this issue.

If you would like to generate invoices with a different prefix for different order statuses (this is an assumption, I'm not sure this is what you need), vanilla opencart doesn't have support for that, but it could be achieved with an extension / custom job.

I hope this is somewhat helpful, please let me know if I misunderstood your query!

Well I don't really use any additional modules for invoice prefix. The invoice prefix was always generated automatically for all orders.

Yes, I would like to create different prefix for different order statuses. More specifically, I need that unpaid orders have no prefixes at all, but if that is not the case, then the possibility for them to pronounce another prefix number would be a solution.
I couldn't find such modules, maybe you know where I can find them?

Post by straightlight » Wed Sep 22, 2021 6:11 pm

Jonas92 wrote:
Wed Sep 22, 2021 4:45 pm
Gergely wrote:
Tue Sep 21, 2021 6:44 pm
Hi Jonas92,

Jonas92 wrote:
Jonas92 wrote:

Well I don't really use any additional modules for invoice prefix. The invoice prefix was always generated automatically for all orders.

Yes, I would like to create different prefix for different order statuses. More specifically, I need that unpaid orders have no prefixes at all, but if that is not the case, then the possibility for them to pronounce another prefix number would be a solution.
That's because the order prefix is linked with the store regardless of the order statuses the order is going to become normally.

Dedication and passion goes to those who are able to push and merge a project.

Regards,
Straightlight
Programmer / Opencart Tester

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by paulfeakins » Wed Sep 22, 2021 6:35 pm

Jonas92 wrote:
Wed Sep 22, 2021 4:45 pm
If you can't find an extension, you could pay a developer such as ourselves or post a job in the Commercial Support Forum.

UK OpenCart Hosting | OpenCart Audits | OpenCart Support - please email info@antropy.co.uk

Guru Member

Location - London Gatwick, United Kingdom