Post by ru-lefthanded » Wed Sep 22, 2021 8:39 pm

Using OC 3.02, default theme

Am amending the invoice layout so that it works with our existing integrated label & has the content in the way that I want to show it.

Almost there - just need to change a few settings & it can go live - only problem is that I can't see where to make the changes & don't want to change anywhere else on the site!

As you will see from the attached (see comments in red on it), I need to:
1) Reduce the gap between the tables (5 tables means lots of excess white space currently) - currently approx 5mm gap between each
2) Reduce the row height for each of the column headers
3) Reduce the space between the line under the column headers & where the text starts (on the top table this is over 5mm, less on the 2nd table)
4) Ideally reduce the gap between the Logo & the top of the first table - but not vital
5) Preferably reduce the row height of at least the items ordered table (this needs to be flexible as may be multiple lines of data in a row ) - currently appears to be in multiples of approx 8mm

Appreciate the above measurements are probably correctly measured in pixels but wanted to give as much info as I could at this stage.

Thank you in advance for your help

Post by straightlight » Thu Sep 23, 2021 1:54 am

ru-lefthanded wrote:
Wed Sep 22, 2021 8:39 pm
Using OC 3.02, default theme

Am amending the invoice layout so that it works with our existing integrated label & has the content in the way that I want to show it.

Almost there - just need to change a few settings & it can go live - only problem is that I can't see where to make the changes & don't want to change anywhere else on the site!

As you will see from the attached (see comments in red on it), I need to:
1) Reduce the gap between the tables (5 tables means lots of excess white space currently) - currently approx 5mm gap between each
2) Reduce the row height for each of the column headers
3) Reduce the space between the line under the column headers & where the text starts (on the top table this is over 5mm, less on the 2nd table)
4) Ideally reduce the gap between the Logo & the top of the first table - but not vital
5) Preferably reduce the row height of at least the items ordered table (this needs to be flexible as may be multiple lines of data in a row ) - currently appears to be in multiples of approx 8mm

Appreciate the above measurements are probably correctly measured in pixels but wanted to give as much info as I could at this stage.

Thank you in advance for your help
Then, contact the extension developer of the integrated label and the way the content has been customized to your needs to resolve this issue.

Dedication and passion goes to those who are able to push and merge a project.

Regards,
Straightlight
Programmer / Opencart Tester

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by ru-lefthanded » Thu Sep 23, 2021 6:26 pm

Then, contact the extension developer of the integrated label and the way the content has been customized to your needs to resolve this issue.
[/quote]

There is no developer - it's just me working to create a format that fits our needs... Just need to know what drives the gaps between tables on the invoice, & how to adjust row heights etc, without impacting on other tables in OC. So need to know what coding to put in the template or what to alter in whichever file is driving this.

Post by paulfeakins » Thu Sep 23, 2021 6:54 pm

ru-lefthanded wrote:
Thu Sep 23, 2021 6:26 pm
There is no developer - it's just me working to create a format that fits our needs... Just need to know what drives the gaps between tables on the invoice, & how to adjust row heights etc, without impacting on other tables in OC. So need to know what coding to put in the template or what to alter in whichever file is driving this.
These things are pretty fiddly, and without checking I'd guess that the PDF is just created from the HTML that shows in other places in OC so you wouldn't easily be able to change just the PDF.

You could always hire another developer to do this part for you from the Commercial Support Forum.

UK OpenCart Hosting | OpenCart Audits | OpenCart Support - please email info@antropy.co.uk

Guru Member

Location - London Gatwick, United Kingdom