Post by Jillkm » Sun Oct 24, 2021 7:42 am

I did a fresh install of 3.0.3.8 today. I did install a Journal theme, but this isn't a Journal issue (I don't think).

When I go to add or change an image in either a category or a product I am logged out, When I log back in I get a page that won't totally load. If I refresh the page, I am logged out again. I have included some screen shots. I had this running earlier today with no issues before I did the fresh install. Before I have to uninstall and reinstall everything, is there a way to fix this?

Jill
screenshot logged out.jpg

screenshot logged out.jpg (122.28 KiB) Viewed 506 times

I have done a fresh install of Opencart 3.0,3,8.

Attachments

screenshot-imagepage.jpg

screenshot-imagepage.jpg (117.72 KiB) Viewed 506 times

Post by Jillkm » Sun Oct 24, 2021 8:10 am

Just to add, now it constantly logs me out every minute or so. I even switched over to the default Opencart theme to see if that made any difference, and it did not.

I tried again and clicked "inspect" to see if I could find the issue.

I've attached images of the two error messages I get when I try to add an image and then when I log back in and get the incomplete image manager page.

Jill

Attachments

error code image manager.jpg

error code image manager.jpg (74.48 KiB) Viewed 459 times

code for log out.jpg

code for log out.jpg (95.52 KiB) Viewed 459 times

Last edited by Jillkm on Sun Oct 24, 2021 8:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post by by mona » Sun Oct 24, 2021 8:29 am

It is not OC 3.0.3.8, so it is from somewhere else.

The only way you can get the "invalid token session" message is when you have a user_token in your session but no user_token variable in your url or you have one but they do not match.

Does this happen when you save the product or when you select an image or when exactly?

When you press edit on an image it will invoke the filemanager via an ajax call to (check the url browser bar)
index.php?route=common/filemanager&user_token=IX2vxxxxxWX&target=input-image5&thumb=thumb-image5

but if that call does not have the user_token as shown above, you will get signed out.

I know you said it is not Journal, but .. does journal replace the filemanager or did you change that?

DISCLAIMER:
You should not modify core files .. if you would like to donate a cup of coffee I will write it in a modification for you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zXIxDoCRc84

Expert Member

Post by straightlight » Sun Oct 24, 2021 8:30 am

Jillkm wrote:
Sun Oct 24, 2021 7:42 am
I did a fresh install of 3.0.3.8 today. I did install a Journal theme, but this isn't a Journal issue (I don't think).

When I go to add or change an image in either a category or a product I am logged out, When I log back in I get a page that won't totally load. If I refresh the page, I am logged out again. I have included some screen shots. I had this running earlier today with no issues before I did the fresh install. Before I have to uninstall and reinstall everything, is there a way to fix this?

Jill

screenshot logged out.jpgI have done a fresh install of Opencart 3.0,3,8.
While Journal is unsupported on the forum, see if this fixes the issue: viewtopic.php?t=206449#p786660 as well as this one: viewtopic.php?t=224718#p824712 .

Dedication and passion goes to those who are able to push and merge a project.

Regards,
Straightlight
Programmer / Opencart Tester

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by Jillkm » Sun Oct 24, 2021 8:41 am

by mona wrote:
Sun Oct 24, 2021 8:29 am
It is not OC 3.0.3.8, so it is from somewhere else.

The only way you can get the "invalid token session" message is when you have a user_token in your session but no user_token variable in your url or you have one but they do not match.

Does this happen when you save the product or when you select an image or when exactly?

When you press edit on an image it will invoke the filemanager via an ajax call to (check the url browser bar)
index.php?route=common/filemanager&user_token=IX2vxxxxxWX&target=input-image5&thumb=thumb-image5

but if that call does not have the user_token as shown above, you will get signed out.

I know you said it is not Journal, but .. does journal replace the filemanager or did you change that?
Only happens when I try to add an image. Nowhere else. I also switched over to the default theme and it still did it there. Journal adds those images to the image manager, I don't think it replaces it.

I did just add a post with the errors that come up. Hopefully that helps.

When I had installed it earlier today, didn't have a problem, and only had to uninstall because I made a screwup in database and figured since it was a fresh install, it was just easier to redo it.

Jill

Post by Jillkm » Sun Oct 24, 2021 9:22 am

Think I'll just do another fresh install. I had only done cosmetic work on the site so it would take less time to redo that than try to figure this out.

Thanks anyway, and I'll let you know if it happens again.

Jill

Post by Jillkm » Sun Oct 24, 2021 9:00 pm

Well, it happened again. And on a fresh install of Opencart only, no Journal theme added. So I uninstalled again. Reinstalled. Things went fine until I tried to fill in all the store info on the settings. Went to save settings and was logged out. No error message and now I am back in a perpetual log in loop. Hours of work down the drain again. There is no error issue I can find. The frustration is driving me crazy.

Jill

Post by ADD Creative » Sun Oct 24, 2021 9:18 pm

Are you changing the time zone in the settings? There is a bug that causes session problems. https://github.com/opencart/opencart/issues/9237

www.add-creative.co.uk

Expert Member

Location - United Kingdom

Post by Jillkm » Mon Oct 25, 2021 12:15 am

ADD Creative wrote:
Sun Oct 24, 2021 9:18 pm
Are you changing the time zone in the settings? There is a bug that causes session problems. https://github.com/opencart/opencart/issues/9237
Yes, I do change the timezone. I'll do an install and not touch the timezone.

Post by Jillkm » Mon Oct 25, 2021 12:26 am

Did a fresh install and didn't change the timezone. So far so good. Have to go out, so I will go over that thread when I get back. Would like to fix old install as lots of work done on it.

Jill

Post by ADD Creative » Mon Oct 25, 2021 12:36 am

See the post below for two workarounds for the time zone issue.
viewtopic.php?f=201&t=222369&start=20#p816440

www.add-creative.co.uk

Expert Member

Location - United Kingdom