Post by GazzaBJ » Wed Oct 27, 2021 6:55 pm

We recently upgraded from OC2.0.2.3 to OC3.0.3.7 and are using standard SEO_url settings along with the standard htaccess file (renamed accordingly). Our "Use SEO URLs" is enabled.

All works fine for products ie
"product_id=81" would be changed to "product_name"
"information_id=4" would be changed to "about_us"

But when the path after the "index.php?route=" contains something like "checkout/cart" or "information/contact" then the URL is not rewritten.

I tested the line of code in the seo_url.php file and found that the _route_ is not set in the above cases. We did not have this issue with the previous version of OC.

Is anyone able to tell me why this may be happening and what I can do to fix it?

Our site is HTTP://muckynutz.com if you need to view the issue live.

Thanks

Post by thekrotek » Wed Oct 27, 2021 8:20 pm

checkout/cart, information/contact and all account/ routes were never rewritten unless you define the URL alias with SEO extension or via Design / SEO URL menu in admin.

Professional OpenCart extensions, support and custom work.
Contact me via email or Skype by support@thekrotek.com

Expert Member

Post by GazzaBJ » Wed Oct 27, 2021 8:44 pm

The issue is that they are not picked up in the code:
if (isset($this->request->get['_route_'])) which is in seo_url.php under the index function.

So they never get as far as getting re-written, even though they are listed in DESIGN, SEO_URL.

Is this the default or should these be working?

Post by straightlight » Wed Oct 27, 2021 9:22 pm

GazzaBJ wrote:
Wed Oct 27, 2021 8:44 pm
The issue is that they are not picked up in the code:
if (isset($this->request->get['_route_'])) which is in seo_url.php under the index function.

So they never get as far as getting re-written, even though they are listed in DESIGN, SEO_URL.

Is this the default or should these be working?
For further improvements, I would suggest the use of an extension from the Marketplace. Lots of them are provided for free.

Dedication and passion goes to those who are able to push and merge a project.

Regards,
Straightlight
Programmer / Opencart Tester

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by paulfeakins » Thu Oct 28, 2021 7:26 pm

If you can't find an extension, you could pay a developer such as ourselves or post a job in the Commercial Support Forum.

UK OpenCart Hosting | OpenCart Audits | OpenCart Support - please email info@antropy.co.uk

Guru Member

Location - London Gatwick, United Kingdom