Post by iroquois » Fri Oct 29, 2021 12:32 am

I just upgraded to the version 3.0.3.8. Before doing so I made a back up through the admin page. I have the new version up and running but when I try to restore I get nothing...all my products, customers, etc are gone. Am I doing something wrong or what did I do wrong
Thanks[*]

Post by straightlight » Fri Oct 29, 2021 12:41 am

iroquois wrote:
Fri Oct 29, 2021 12:32 am
I just upgraded to the version 3.0.3.8. Before doing so I made a back up through the admin page. I have the new version up and running but when I try to restore I get nothing...all my products, customers, etc are gone. Am I doing something wrong or what did I do wrong
Thanks[*]
The best method is to install a fresh copy of the latest version on your development or virtual server. Then, to use your current database prior to upgrade. Once both config.php files configured accordingly, run the upgrade and ensure you have a backup of your current database. Once you notice everything is working after the upgrade has been completed, simply upload your store and upgraded database to your live server and ensure both config.php files (and .htaccess file if it's already enabled) that all server paths are properly configured which includes the move of your system/storage folder outside of your public_html folder and that both config.php files also uses the new path rather than inside the system folder. CHMOD your permission folders recursively from FTP to 0755 (NOT on files!). These must be done without error messages during the process. The same permissions must be applied on specific folders inside your opencart by following the install.txt file that you should find in the original ZIP file of OC v3.0.3.8 downloaded from Opencart.com .

Dedication and passion goes to those who are able to push and merge a project.

Regards,
Straightlight
Programmer / Opencart Tester

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by iroquois » Fri Oct 29, 2021 12:50 am

since I already upgraded, and my old version is gone....can I do anything with the back up I made or not to bring in my products from old versions back up

Post by straightlight » Fri Oct 29, 2021 12:52 am

iroquois wrote:
Fri Oct 29, 2021 12:50 am
since I already upgraded, and my old version is gone....can I do anything with the back up I made or not to bring in my products from old versions back up
Yes, by using this extension: https://www.opencart.com/index.php?rout ... sion_id=17

Dedication and passion goes to those who are able to push and merge a project.

Regards,
Straightlight
Programmer / Opencart Tester

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by paulfeakins » Fri Oct 29, 2021 6:36 pm

iroquois wrote:
Fri Oct 29, 2021 12:32 am
I just upgraded to the version 3.0.3.8.
How? What process did you follow?

UK OpenCart Hosting | OpenCart Audits | OpenCart Support - please email info@antropy.co.uk

Guru Member

Location - London Gatwick, United Kingdom