Post by isnet » Mon Jan 24, 2022 5:50 pm

Hello,
At centrada.eu I cannot log in anymore in admin. I constantly get the message " No match for Username and/or Password. " and the 2nd time I try to in log the message " Warning: Your account has exceeded allowed number of login attempts. Please try again in 1 hour or reset password. " which made me think it is cookie related, tried to make changes there as per the forum recommendations but it does not work, tried to change the password via direct admin and phpadmin but cannot find the user tab to make that change, etc. I am desperate. Can someone make me a suggestion on dummy level that even I can make work?
Appreciated!
Last edited by isnet on Fri Jan 28, 2022 4:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Guru Member

Post by isnet » Mon Jan 24, 2022 7:00 pm

Thank you kindly for your response. There are several different suggestions to resolve this. None seem to work for me. I also tried this which also did not work:
#this won't work
#setcookie($config->get('session_name'), $session->getId(), ini_get('session.cookie_lifetime'), ini_get('session.cookie_path'), ini_get('session.cookie_domain'));

#this works
setcookie($config->get('session_name'), $session->getId(), time() + 60 * 60 * 24 * 30, ini_get('session.cookie_path'), ini_get('session.cookie_domain'));

Are there any other suggestions?
Appreciated!

Post by paulfeakins » Tue Jan 25, 2022 9:08 pm

isnet wrote:
Mon Jan 24, 2022 7:00 pm
#this works
setcookie($config->get('session_name'), $session->getId(), time() + 60 * 60 * 24 * 30, ini_get('session.cookie_path'), ini_get('session.cookie_domain'));
Neither will work because login attempts are stored in the database, not in cookies for many reasons.

UK OpenCart Hosting | OpenCart Audits | OpenCart Support - please email info@antropy.co.uk

Guru Member

Location - London Gatwick, United Kingdom

Post by isnet » Tue Jan 25, 2022 9:54 pm

Hello Paul,
Thank you for your comments, appreciated. Can you make me a recommendation that will work?
Kind regards,
Gerard

Post by Cue4cheap » Tue Jan 25, 2022 10:01 pm

isnet wrote:
Mon Jan 24, 2022 5:50 pm
Hello,
At centrada.eu I cannot log in anymore in admin. I constantly get the message " No match for Username and/or Password. " and the 2nd time I try to in log the message " Warning: Your account has exceeded allowed number of login attempts. Please try again in 1 hour or reset password. " which made me think it is cookie related, tried to make changes there as per the forum recommendations but it does not work, tried to change the password via direct admin and phpadmin but cannot find the user tab to make that change, etc. I am desperate. Can someone make me a suggestion on dummy level that even I can make work?
Appreciated!
What changes have you made?
Did it work then you made a change and it stopped?
More info needed.
Mike

cue4cheap not cheap quality

Expert Member

Post by isnet » Tue Jan 25, 2022 10:28 pm

Hello Mike,
Thank you for your response. Earlier I made a mistake using FTP deleting a file by accident in admin. Luckily my hosting provider makes several back over the day and I could easily return the site, since then though I have the problem of logging in admin.

Post by Cue4cheap » Wed Jan 26, 2022 12:54 am

isnet wrote:
Tue Jan 25, 2022 10:28 pm
Hello Mike,
Thank you for your response. Earlier I made a mistake using FTP deleting a file by accident in admin. Luckily my hosting provider makes several back over the day and I could easily return the site, since then though I have the problem of logging in admin.
Did they restore all files? What file do you think you deleted?
Did you check the error logs to see if anything is being logged?
Mike

Expert Member

Post by isnet » Wed Jan 26, 2022 5:02 pm

Hello,
Thank you very much for your response. I do not know anymore how to resolve this, I have downloaded the error file, attached, but have no idea how to interpret this. I probably have not other choice other than to start over again....?

Post by Cue4cheap » Wed Jan 26, 2022 8:52 pm

Sounds like there was more done besides deleting a file.
So you'll need to tell us more about what was done before your site quit working BUT do a search for "Uncaught Exception: Error: EHLO not accepted from server" on this forum. There are bunches of posts about this. Are you sure your setting are correct?

Mike

Expert Member

Post by by mona » Thu Jan 27, 2022 6:28 am

those errors will not cause you not to be able to login admin.
Just some errors not being able to send emails via contact.
I constantly get the message " No match for Username and/or Password. " and the 2nd time I try to in log the message " Warning: Your account has exceeded allowed number of login attempts."
That doesn't make any sense, "constantly getting" is not one time.

To remove the "Warning: Your account has exceeded allowed number of login attempts. Please try again in 1 hour or reset password. ", just empty the "customer_login" table.

DISCLAIMER:
You should not modify core files .. if you would like to donate a cup of coffee I will write it in a modification for you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zXIxDoCRc84

Expert Member

Post by isnet » Fri Jan 28, 2022 12:25 am

Hello,
I have started over again with a fresh install. I thank everyone for their support to me, one of the reasons that I try over again with OpenCart, the forum is great!
Thank you!

Post by straightlight » Fri Jan 28, 2022 4:32 am

isnet wrote:
Fri Jan 28, 2022 12:25 am
Hello,
I have started over again with a fresh install. I thank everyone for their support to me, one of the reasons that I try over again with OpenCart, the forum is great!
Thank you!
Now that the issue has been solved, please add: [SOLVED] at the beginning of the subject line on your first post.

Dedication and passion goes to those who are able to push and merge a project.

Regards,
Straightlight
Programmer / Opencart Tester

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by ArFe2020 » Sat Apr 02, 2022 2:27 am

Hello
I have a fresh install opencart 3.0.3.8 , i have the same issu ,can't fix it.
Cannot login as admin, password is 8 numbers.
Time zone is on UTC, checked this with phpmyadmin.
I can also change the description in the datebase with phpmyadmin, so connection with datebase is good.
Never seen the admin page, when i login i see no match for username and/or password.

error.log no log

Thanks for help

Post by paulfeakins » Tue Apr 12, 2022 5:28 pm

isnet wrote:
Tue Jan 25, 2022 9:54 pm
Can you make me a recommendation that will work?
You can increase the value of config_login_attempts in oc_setting to a very high value, then login, then reduce it again.

UK OpenCart Hosting | OpenCart Audits | OpenCart Support - please email info@antropy.co.uk

Guru Member

Location - London Gatwick, United Kingdom

Post by motionwork » Tue Apr 11, 2023 10:40 pm

Hello everybody,
after hours and hours with no luck to login to the admin panel, I tried something different without any changes of any ini file.
ok.. it's just a simple try. I closed chrome just because I had many issues before with chrome browser and login from Firefox, everything is working as normal no issues no changes on any php file!
I believe chrome is just getting worse everyday! :joker:

Post by AgileSemanticwebs » Thu Sep 21, 2023 12:56 am

I just have cleared cookies and deleted all saved options in Google Chrome (resetting everything) and It worked.
I changed the browser/explorer also it worked there as well.
Thanks