Post by reneesands » Mon Jan 24, 2022 9:44 pm

Hi there. Our developer can't figure this out and we need this issue resolved ASAP so I'm hoping someone here can help.

We recently uploaded a new version of our site. We went from Plaza to Journal. We set everything up exactly the same as on our old site, and had no issue with taxes charging.

We have 13 geo zones for the provinces and territories we sell to. Most of the geo zones and tax classes are charging taxes but 5 of them are not charging taxes. These 5 are:
Saskatchewan Shipping
Manitoba Shipping
Québec Shipping
Alberta Shipping
Nunavut / Yukon / NWT Shipping

Like I said, I compared the settings and how the zones and everything were set up by the developer and it all matches exactly to the old site. Our developer can't figure this out, but the longer it continues we are losing money because of the taxes not being charged, and it makes us look terrible to have to call people and ask for a credit card for the taxes that SHOULD have been charged at checkout.

Does anyone have any suggestions I can pass on to our developer? Any help is appreciated.

Post by ADD Creative » Mon Jan 24, 2022 11:16 pm

It would be useful to provide more information. OpenCart version, PHP version, shipping extensions, payment extensions. Any errors in the PHP or OpenCart error logs.

Have you tried with the default them or at least switch off any one page checkout? Have you contacted Journal support?

www.add-creative.co.uk

Expert Member

Location - United Kingdom

Post by thekrotek » Tue Jan 25, 2022 12:04 am

Taxing is pretty straightforward in OpenCart. Check your geo zones, tax classes and tax rates. Also check the zone codes and tax classes for all your products.

Professional OpenCart extensions, support and custom work.
Contact me via email or Skype by support@thekrotek.com

Expert Member

Post by bhargaviforhelp » Tue Jan 25, 2022 12:07 am

It would be great if you provide me details. I will check both website database.
Compare Geo zone database table.
Values are same or not.?

Post by reneesands » Tue Jan 25, 2022 3:30 am

ADD Creative wrote:
Mon Jan 24, 2022 11:16 pm
It would be useful to provide more information. OpenCart version, PHP version, shipping extensions, payment extensions. Any errors in the PHP or OpenCart error logs.

Have you tried with the default them or at least switch off any one page checkout? Have you contacted Journal support?
Sure, sorry.

Some clarification, it's only charging taxes in three Canadian provinces. All of the settings and geozones are identical for the three provinces that are working and the other provinces and territories that aren't. Journal is saying they don't affect taxes, those settings are opencart itself. Taxes aren't working in standard opencart either when our developer tried it with the standard opencart theme.

Opencart version 3.0.3.2
PHP Version 7.3
Shipping Extensions: Canada Post Smart and Flexible, Pickup from store
Payment Extensions: Moneris Hosted CA, Paypal, Purchase Order Number 3.0
Only errors are some image errors, nothing that would affect certain provinces taxes or the checkout.

Post by paulfeakins » Tue Jan 25, 2022 8:58 pm

reneesands wrote:
Mon Jan 24, 2022 9:44 pm
We went from Plaza to Journal.
Oh dear, have neither you nor your developer ever come across this? viewtopic.php?t=157098

reneesands wrote:
Our developer can't figure this out, but the longer it continues we are losing money because of the taxes not being charged, and it makes us look terrible to have to call people and ask for a credit card for the taxes that SHOULD have been charged at checkout.
I can see how that would be an unwelcome call.

reneesands wrote:
Does anyone have any suggestions I can pass on to our developer? Any help is appreciated.
Are you using Journal Quick Checkout?

UK OpenCart Hosting | OpenCart Audits | OpenCart Support - please email info@antropy.co.uk

Guru Member

Location - London Gatwick, United Kingdom