Post by VladZablotskyy » Thu May 26, 2022 12:25 am

We have just moved to 3.0.3.8 version. Over the past number of years our "customers" swell to over 5,000 but only about 3,000 actually placed on order. Is there a way to bulk delete customers with no orders that registered more than three months ago? I think most of those without orders are "affiliates" and or "bots".

Thank you in advance!

Post by straightlight » Thu May 26, 2022 10:04 am

VladZablotskyy wrote:
Thu May 26, 2022 12:25 am
We have just moved to 3.0.3.8 version. Over the past number of years our "customers" swell to over 5,000 but only about 3,000 actually placed on order. Is there a way to bulk delete customers with no orders that registered more than three months ago? I think most of those without orders are "affiliates" and or "bots".

Thank you in advance!
Using SQL queries in your PHPMyAdmin would be your best bet or by using an extension from the Marketplace. However, either option is highly recommended to make a backup prior to consider any approach to modify your customers since removing customers without consent, nowadays, is against GDPR.

Dedication and passion goes to those who are able to push and merge a project.

Regards,
Straightlight
Programmer / Opencart Tester

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by paulfeakins » Thu May 26, 2022 5:20 pm

VladZablotskyy wrote:
Is there a way to bulk delete customers with no orders that registered more than three months ago? I think most of those without orders are "affiliates" and or "bots".
What would be the benefit of deleting them?

UK OpenCart Hosting | OpenCart Audits | OpenCart Support - please email info@antropy.co.uk

Guru Member

Location - London Gatwick, United Kingdom

Post by VladZablotskyy » Thu Jun 16, 2022 2:25 pm

paulfeakins wrote:
Thu May 26, 2022 5:20 pm
VladZablotskyy wrote:
Is there a way to bulk delete customers with no orders that registered more than three months ago? I think most of those without orders are "affiliates" and or "bots".
What would be the benefit of deleting them?
I am not quite sure if there is a benefit, we are talking about more than 3000 accounts. Perhaps you are correct, what is the downside of leaving them?