Post by UZUMAKI_N » Thu Jul 07, 2022 6:48 pm

I am currently using smtp mail and i receive email for all orders, gift certificate and all related notification but when someone submit a queries via contact form it doesn't work at all and display the error below:

Fatal error: Uncaught Exception: Error: RCPT TO not accepted from server! in /home/sellnkml/public_html/system/library/mail/smtp.php:169 Stack trace: #0 /home/sellnkml/public_html/system/library/mail.php(142): Mail\Smtp->send() #1 /home/sellnkml/ocartdata/storage/modification/catalog/controller/information/contact.php(28): Mail->send() #2 /home/sellnkml/ocartdata/storage/modification/system/engine/action.php(79): ControllerInformationContact->index() #3 /home/sellnkml/public_html/catalog/controller/startup/router.php(25): Action->execute(Object(Registry)) #4 /home/sellnkml/ocartdata/storage/modification/system/engine/action.php(79): ControllerStartupRouter->index() #5 /home/sellnkml/public_html/system/engine/router.php(67): Action->execute(Object(Registry)) #6 /home/sellnkml/public_html/system/engine/router.php(56): Router->execute(Object(Action)) #7 /home/sellnkml/public_html/system/framework.php(169): Router->dispatch(Object(Action), Object(Action)) #8 /home/sellnkml/public_html/system/startup.php(104): require_once('/h in /home/sellnkml/public_html/system/library/mail/smtp.php on line 169
Last edited by UZUMAKI_N on Sat Jul 09, 2022 2:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post by straightlight » Fri Jul 08, 2022 8:06 am

The contact form is working. It's simply your email settings that are not properly configured from your OC admin > systems > settings > edit settings > mail tab.

Dedication and passion goes to those who are able to push and merge a project.

Regards,
Straightlight
Programmer / Opencart Tester

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by UZUMAKI_N » Fri Jul 08, 2022 5:15 pm

Other email activity via smtp that i set works correctly but just the contact form facing error.

I can receive order email and customer are able to receive order mail via my admin email that i setup for smtp.

Not sure whats wrong but my smtp setting seems to be working

Post by JNeuhoff » Fri Jul 08, 2022 5:31 pm

UZUMAKI_N wrote:
Fri Jul 08, 2022 5:15 pm
Other email activity via smtp that i set works correctly but just the contact form facing error.

I can receive order email and customer are able to receive order mail via my admin email that i setup for smtp.

Not sure whats wrong but my smtp setting seems to be working
In that case you really have to provide some more details if you want help here, such as website URL, OC version, extensions and web theme used etc.

Export/Import Tool * SpamBot Buster * Unused Images Manager * Instant Option Price Calculator * Number Option * Google Tag Manager * Survey Plus * OpenTwig

Guru Member

Post by UZUMAKI_N » Fri Jul 08, 2022 5:36 pm

Currently using plazatheme furniture 1 theme. Oc version 3.0.3.8. Url is https://xxxxxxx.com . No extension involve as problem is with the default contact form under contact us.
Last edited by UZUMAKI_N on Tue Jul 26, 2022 1:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post by ADD Creative » Fri Jul 08, 2022 10:41 pm

Your mail server is rejecting the email for some reason, could be down to the To or From addresses. This may be helpful. viewtopic.php?f=201&t=229019#p845755

www.add-creative.co.uk

Expert Member

Location - United Kingdom

Post by UZUMAKI_N » Fri Jul 08, 2022 11:36 pm

ADD Creative wrote:
Fri Jul 08, 2022 10:41 pm
Your mail server is rejecting the email for some reason, could be down to the To or From addresses. This may be helpful. viewtopic.php?f=201&t=229019#p845755
Hi i have went through the link but still no resolution.

Any idea how i can get it to work if the error is really like what you mention regarding the to and fro?(I notice if in contact form i fill in the email i use in store and email setting the contact form will go through but any other email it will not go through.
ANy idea how i can make it to work for all email?

i manage to find a error in cpanel email setting as below: Your domain hotmail.com is not allowed in header From

tried some solution online by editing the contact.php file and smtp.php file but still doesnt work. anyone can direct me to a solution please?

Post by ADD Creative » Sat Jul 09, 2022 1:51 am

In that case you need to make this change.
https://github.com/opencart/opencart/co ... 68d2794fdc

catalog/controller/information/contact.php line 20.

Code: Select all

$mail->setFrom($this->request->post['email']);
To

$mail->setFrom($this->config->get('config_email'));
And then refresh your modifications in case they modify that file.

www.add-creative.co.uk

Expert Member

Location - United Kingdom

Post by UZUMAKI_N » Sat Jul 09, 2022 2:11 am

ADD Creative wrote:
Sat Jul 09, 2022 1:51 am
In that case you need to make this change.
https://github.com/opencart/opencart/co ... 68d2794fdc

catalog/controller/information/contact.php line 20.

$mail->setFrom($this->request->post['email']);
To

$mail->setFrom($this->config->get('config_email'));
And then refresh your modifications in case they modify that file.
Many Thanks finally got it to work.
Initiately did the same change as u but didnt refresh the modification so it didnt work. thanks alot