Post by Joe1234 » Sun Aug 14, 2022 12:32 am

I'm going to be giving away free gifts with a certain value cart $150 or so. I'll also have free shipping with a certain value cart $65-75$. I'll be using USPS, UPS, FedEx on all shipping so rates are automatically calculated and shown. But I don't want the gifts to be a part of the free shipping ever. The gifts have to have shipping charged separately (even if the value doesn't reach the free shipping value, I want the customer to know that the gift is going to cost X amount extra in shipping so they can reject the gift if they want). Is that possible in OC where I can say always charge shipping for X item from this category no matter what? Or is that easily programmable...with a little direction from someone? Can a specific shipping be applied to a specific category? Or is this something that will take deep/extensive extension coding?

Or even...thinking outside the box if this extension exists....have the free gift category/page have something where someone can put in their zip code and the shipping cost of the items will populate. I know there are extensions where you can estimate shipping costs on zip codes, but I haven't seen them use the rates of the shippers I use.

The extensions that I see, as I understand them, don't provide for exactly what I want. You can either set individual items to free or paid shipping, but none take the whole logic/condition that I am looking for into consideration, and the ones that do customize conditions don't integrate with UPS, USPS, FedEx with live rates.

Any help or feedback appreciated.

v3.0.3.9 php 8.1
I'm here for a reason, if your response is contact a/the developer, just don't reply.

Post by paulfeakins » Mon Aug 15, 2022 5:41 pm

The most flexible shipping extension I know of is called Ultimate Shipping: https://www.opencart.com/index.php?rout ... arthinking

Johnathan is usually incredibly helpful at explaining how it can be configured.

If that doesn't do the job then you'll need to pay a developer to do something custom.

UK OpenCart Hosting | OpenCart Audits | OpenCart Support - please email info@antropy.co.uk

Guru Member

Location - London Gatwick, United Kingdom

Post by Joe1234 » Mon Aug 15, 2022 7:27 pm

I already left him a msg on that extension.

v3.0.3.9 php 8.1
I'm here for a reason, if your response is contact a/the developer, just don't reply.

Post by paulfeakins » Mon Aug 15, 2022 7:30 pm

Fingers crossed then.

UK OpenCart Hosting | OpenCart Audits | OpenCart Support - please email info@antropy.co.uk

Guru Member

Location - London Gatwick, United Kingdom