Post by Out2lunch » Tue Apr 30, 2013 12:31 am

Our new shop has a VERY long list of options so you get a lot of white space under where the photos go.

What I would like to do is modify the product.tpl, to move the DESCRIPTION and other TABS to sit under the images in left column.

Now ive been playing with it, trying to make sure i get all the code, but I can duplicate the tab titles, but not the content sitting under the nab name, ie the info box.

Can anyone help me out here, I know its just a case of moving the correct bit of code up the page to sit ein the correct place, but for the life of me, I either break the page or get multiple duplicates of the tab titles...

Cheers

Post by tdaubs » Tue Apr 30, 2013 1:37 am

You need to provide a lot more information for people to help you. What theme are you using? The default one? Description and other tabs are already underneath the images along with options.

If you're using a custom theme, we would need a URL to see what to change.

In order to modify the layout, you shouldn't need to touch the product.tpl file. You can do so with CSS. Figure out which elements need modification and make your changes in the CSS file.

Opencart Support . Opencart Galaxy . Buy Me a Coffee?

Location - Southern California

Post by butte » Tue Apr 30, 2013 3:06 am

The versions of OC, added themes, added extensions, and often the URL are often even unavoidably important to know.

Even with the default theme or an added one, your URL will be helpful here.

Guru Member

Post by Out2lunch » Tue Apr 30, 2013 6:07 pm

Im sorry yes I am such a numpty, I think everyone can read my mind...

OC Ver - 1.5.5.1

Extensions Installed -

Paypal Express Module (Qphoria)
Product Password

VQMod Manager
admin_product_requires-shipping_no.xml
customer-export-import.xml
dependent_options.xml
detail_prod_sales_report_OCv155x.xml
eu_cookies.xml
product_accessories_v2.xml
product_password.xml
tabs-plus.xml

We are using the default template, website to have a look at is - http://www.hotelbelltent.co.uk/shop/end ... d_festival

There is an image in place to show where we want the Description to go.

I have also mocked up a look of the page on how we would like to see it.

Thanks again for the swift replys.

Post by butte » Wed May 01, 2013 2:16 am

In the example there are two tabs, set left in entire left half, under image. On-line I see product tabs set left on full-width (double-halves), but the mockup isn't instantly helpful save for seeing what you have and haven't yet done. (Overall, suitably colorful and for this stage clean, but keep navigation as simple as you can.)

In admin panel you can set columns (1, 2, etc.). Most everywhere but Home and in the lower tabbed portion of products, I seem to be seeing twos. Try setting 2.

One of your items is fancifully eye-catching. I'm sure that at Oxford or Cambridge Major (Harvard being the Minor) the folks given to such would be able to spend a long time discussing in all seriousness "Glass Butter Beach"; pub or no pub.

Note on pricing.-- You're already aware why Brits see prices with VAT embedded, and breakdown of vat from price only at the end. In many or most areas of the world, travelers expect to see stated in advance how many nights and how much tax or add-ons go with how many paper thingies (dollars, pounds, euros, yen, rubles, pesos, whatever). I ran two test orders to satisfy myself how many nights Glass Butter Beach includes, pub or no pub. Over here I would not have had to ask, I'd have known that n nights were included for N bucks. Your Brits will probably unerstand without even wondering, but festival and other event lodging over here is bought by the night, either one night or a block of nights at a time.

Guru Member