Post by sino » Sat Feb 11, 2012 4:54 am

Hi, I'm just curious to what designers do, when a theme has to be updated. For example, I have made many changes to the shoppica theme, now I am looking to upload the new version of the shoppica them, and Im pretty sure every file will be over written. I know there is a safe designers practice, Im just clueless to what it is, IT cant be making notes to every css/html change you have made, and then reapplying it to the new theme version, can it?

Thanks Guys,

Post by JAY6390 » Sat Feb 11, 2012 9:52 pm

vQmod is the solution most use (check my signature)

Guru Member

Location - United Kingdom

Post by sino » Mon Feb 13, 2012 6:35 am

Thank you great sir. Funny thing is I had vqmod installed, mostly because installing it was part of most opencart module instructions. I never really wrapped around my head to what vqmod does, until I just took 5 minutes to read your that link you posted. I have been making changes to php and templates for years. And yet I have never heard of vqmod, until i started using opencart, How is vqmod not bigger than it should be.

Post by JAY6390 » Mon Feb 13, 2012 7:10 am

It was developed by Qphoria for OpenCart about 15 months ago, then rewritten for 2.0 by myself as an OOP version. To be fair it should be bigger than it is, but we've not really advertised it outside of OC, and at present the support for OC alone is enough :)

Guru Member

Location - United Kingdom