Post by jasim1109 » Tue Mar 19, 2013 5:23 am

Here is the link to my site: http://osaiart.no/nettbutikk/

If you click the shopping cart, the dropdown will come, but if you put your mouse over it, it will dissapear again. Does anyone know a solution?

Post by butte » Wed Mar 20, 2013 8:20 am

If your browser has no concept of how to handle even good code, try a newer or another browser. In current Firefox on a pc, nothing seems dramatically odd. While http://www.osaiart.no/ itself gives me 403 forbidden, Apache/2.0.59 (Unix) DAV/2 Server at www.osaiart.no Port 80, your directory /nettbutikk/ leads to a cart, where there seems to be one product, a lis og lamper resembling a cannonball with a switch, but the menus--top, upper, and left--appear at the moment to work normally. Clicking results in a response; moving the mouse causes no response, no reversion, nothing but moving the mouse.

The "view source" option brings up index.php, which, of course, will show as generated but not in detail (includes and other devices will be missing). I do not see any "mouse" or "click" or "on" or "over" or "out" in there, the closest I'm seeing is "Cufon.replace" in patterns that do not interfere with what I expect and get by simply clicking.

The next step, then, is probably just careful proofreading. Every character. You've probably looked straight at it and not seen it, yet. Look at scripts for (code) syntax and (machine-readable) spelling and punctuation. Look among the .css files, be sure they do not conflict with one another, and that you've got what you want in the correct .css file(s).

If you're modifying an existing template or other file (most notably each primary index.php file), be sure to keep a safety copy first (or be ready to drag one out of the installable package).

Of course, be sure that terms are defined such that scripts will know what to do with what will otherwise be a modicum of gibberish having no visible effect. Syntax matters greatly, and I'm tempted to think that where I'm seeing "[space]." I should be seeing instead "[space].[space]" in certain strings; that relates back to scripts themselves.

Be especially certain that each line or code phrase ends appropriately in ";" (no ";" will not confuse the processor, it'll take whatever is thrown at it, but the result is complete nonsense or just no response for an unended phrase or a dead blank screen for an unended line). Read code carefully for onMouseOver and onMouseOut and onClick, or for counterparts among Cufon.[replace-or-other] (and be sure your style of Caps is consistent, it may or may not matter).

Guru Member

Post by jasim1109 » Tue Mar 26, 2013 12:51 am

Thanks for the answer butte, i really appreciate it.