Post by Wazzy » Tue May 24, 2022 3:43 am

I see the masrer branch has just been updated to 4.0.0.0 from 4.0.0.0_b
Dose that mean we should be using this new version?
Should we also be using php 8.1 with tbis new opencart version?

Edit:
l see the download from the Opencart website has now also been updated to 4.0.0.0
But i would still like to know if i should be using php8.1 with this new vesion?

Edit:
Just found the answer i was looking for.
"Its finally here! OpenCart 4.0.0.0. After many years hard work. ADDED PHP 8.1+ Compatibly New event based extension system Startup page CRON job page GDPR Product variants. You can now choose to use create a new product variant based off a master product and link the stock quantities. Cookie accept policy. Admin notification system. OpenCart can now send you updates and news information directly to your OpenCart admin. Autoloader class Telephone field now optional Additional admin security, renaming admin folder, install directory, moving storage folder. UPDATED Boootstrap 5 jQuery v3.6.0 Font Awsome 6 CKEditor 5 Renamed order_recurring to subscription system. Sliding buttons instead of checkboxes All forms are now using AJAX. New installer Upgrade system can be done fully via the admin. Reports system. Admin alerts. Backup system now backs up the database in parts to avoid crashing with large tables. Order editor has been completely reworked so API session is not required. REMOVED OCMOD All 3rd party extensions. There is a system to download and add core extensions directly to the extension pages. "

Post by OSWorX » Tue May 24, 2022 3:35 pm

Wazzy wrote:
Tue May 24, 2022 3:43 am
I see the masrer branch has just been updated to 4.0.0.0 from 4.0.0.0_b
Dose that mean we should be using this new version?
Should we also be using php 8.1 with tbis new opencart version?

Edit:
l see the download from the Opencart website has now also been updated to 4.0.0.0
But i would still like to know if i should be using php8.1 with this new vesion?

Edit:
Just found the answer i was looking for.
"Its finally here! OpenCart 4.0.0.0. After many years hard work. ADDED PHP 8.1+ Compatibly ... "
Just for all finding and reading this thread: before you want to use this version in a production environement, please wait a few weeks before all bugs are solved (and there are usually a few at new - major - versions)!

Full Stack Web Developer :: Dedicated OpenCart Development & Support DACH Region
Contact for Custom Work / Fast Support.

Guru Member

Location - Austria

Post by paulfeakins » Tue May 24, 2022 7:22 pm

OSWorX wrote:
Tue May 24, 2022 3:35 pm
Just for all finding and reading this thread: before you want to use this version in a production environement, please wait a few weeks before all bugs are solved (and there are usually a few at new - major - versions)!
Good advice I think.

UK OpenCart Hosting | OpenCart Audits | OpenCart Support - please email info@antropy.co.uk

Guru Member

Location - London Gatwick, United Kingdom

Post by cyclops12 » Thu May 26, 2022 10:33 pm

OSWorX wrote:
Why are they still releasing versions to the public BEFORE fixing all the bugs ???
Why not just release them to devs to check first ??

Expert Member

Post by OSWorX » Thu May 26, 2022 11:56 pm

cyclops12 wrote:
Thu May 26, 2022 10:33 pm
OSWorX wrote:
Why are they still releasing versions to the public BEFORE fixing all the bugs ???
Don't know .. this behaviour is practiced since the beginning of OpenCart!
A long time ago, some devs proposed such a "release management" - no response or declined.
Tired of proposing such steps .. have to live currently as it is.

Full Stack Web Developer :: Dedicated OpenCart Development & Support DACH Region
Contact for Custom Work / Fast Support.

Guru Member

Location - Austria

Post by by mona » Fri May 27, 2022 1:41 am

cyclops12 wrote:
Thu May 26, 2022 10:33 pm
Who do you think finds the bugs ?
:laugh:

The master plan of Microsoft .. and it works !

DISCLAIMER:
You should not modify core files .. if you would like to donate a cup of coffee I will write it in a modification for you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zXIxDoCRc84

Expert Member

Post by xxvirusxx » Fri May 27, 2022 1:58 am

Who finds the most bugs will receive a reward of 100.000 $ :laugh:

Upgrade Service | OC 2.3.0.2 PHP 8 | My Custom OC 3.0.3.8 | Buy me a beer

Expert Member

Location - România

Post by cyclops12 » Fri May 27, 2022 6:53 pm

xxvirusxx wrote:
Fri May 27, 2022 1:58 am
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Expert Member

Post by WaxedPerfection » Fri May 27, 2022 7:38 pm

xxvirusxx wrote:
Fri May 27, 2022 1:58 am
Finds and reports them and they dont get fixed or Fixes them and posts the fix for FREE. :joker:

https://www.waxedperfection.co.uk/ Car Detailing Product Blog's and Review's

Post by makemeamattress » Fri Jun 03, 2022 2:25 pm

Waiting for the latest version. Best platform for ecommerce.

Post by Brojbeanu » Sat Jun 18, 2022 8:09 pm

Because the issues with the new version 4.0.0.0 cannot be reported to the Bug reports topic, I tell you here that you cannot choose another installation language (previously placed in the install / language folder) from the button on the installation start page. (github version 18.06.2022 h:14.00)
After installation i have this error page:
Internal Server Error!
There has been a problem loading the page you are looking for. We are working hard to resolve the issue and the page should return shortly.
If the problem persists please use the contact us form for help.

Post by Gilmore » Sun Jun 26, 2022 6:47 am

Here's a bug for you! The Dollar Sign goes to the left, not the right! $100.00 not 100.00 $

Thanks!

Gilmore

Post by straightlight » Sun Jun 26, 2022 9:51 am

Gilmore wrote:
Sun Jun 26, 2022 6:47 am
Here's a bug for you! The Dollar Sign goes to the left, not the right! $100.00 not 100.00 $
That's not a bug. There are countries that uses this format.

Dedication and passion goes to those who are able to push and merge a project.

Regards,
Straightlight
Programmer / Opencart Tester

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON