Post by Qphoria » Wed May 25, 2022 3:31 am

I've got vQmod working with OpenCart 4.0.

One big change with OpenCart 4.0 is the requirement of changing your admin folder name, so I'm making the following changes to the OpenCart version of vQmod
1. For the vQmod installer, I'm going to change it to allow entering of the admin folder name instead of just assuming "admin" (See attachment)

2. Since vQmod loads after config.php, we can pre-populate the opencart version of the pathReplaces.php file with this code to automatically detect the admin folder name change so that general vqmod references to "admin/" will automatically map to "your_custom_admin/" without needing to manually alter this file.

Code: Select all

if (defined('DIR_CATALOG')) {
	$replaces[] = array('~^admin\b~', basename(DIR_APPLICATION));
}
3. Ocmod has been removed from OpenCart now in favor of the events system which is great but limited to event driven changes. vQmod itself will work as it always has for more granular changes outside of any event driven actions.

Looks like the folder structure of opencart changes extensively with this release so most if not all vqmod scripts will need to be updated from 3.x

Attachments

vqmod_admin_name_form.png

vqmod_admin_name_form.png (6.07 KiB) Viewed 2617 times

Administrator

Post by Qphoria » Fri May 27, 2022 2:57 am

vQmod Officially released with new installer changes and 4.0 support
I've changed how the packages work now. It really made no sense to have 2 different versions of the vQmod package when only the opencart scripts had changed, so I've separated vQmod and the opencart-vqmod-scripts into 2 repos

First, install the latest vQmod from here:
https://github.com/vqmod/vqmod/releases

Then install the opencart script files on top of that from here:
https://github.com/vqmod/opencart/releases

Administrator