Post by juslintek » Thu Jul 14, 2016 2:58 am

Hi nice people of opencart universe!

I have problem and task at the same time. Problem is: can't find a solution to disabling discounts per payment method.

Dilema is:
- Should I go into the code and debug with xdebug each step to see, how discounts are passed through the functional workflow and then find the point where is checks for payment method and if the sum is already done then pass to that position discount amount and add it to the total.
- Maybe I should ask for the community first if they have has similar dilemas and problems and have found solutions and might share it.

So please good people help me choose the right path and provide with solution.

I am using OpenCart 1.5.6.4.

Looking forward to hearing from you as soon as possible.

Efficiency through experience

Code related queries email: linas@estrategai.lt

Location - Jurbarko g. 2A - 106, Kaunas, Lithuania

Post by straightlight » Thu Jul 14, 2016 11:30 pm

This module includes the order totals restriction by payment methods: http://www.opencart.com/index.php?route ... on_id=4536

Dedication and passion goes to those who are able to push and merge a project.

Regards,
Straightlight
Programmer / Opencart Tester

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by Johnathan » Fri Jul 15, 2016 12:18 am

If you need disabling payment methods by total, then straightlight is right, Restrict Payment Methods should work for you. Feel free to take a look at the screenshots and demo site, and if you're interested let me know at www.getclearthinking.com/contact if you have any further questions.

Image Image Image Image Image

Administrator

Post by juslintek » Fri Jul 15, 2016 4:27 am

Thanx, but thats not what I need. I need to disable discounts for specific payment methods, not to control their visibility. There is advance load payment method and I want to disable cart and product discounts for it. How to do it?

Post by Johnathan » Sat Jul 16, 2016 3:33 am

By "discounts", do you mean an Order Total extension that adds a line item? In that case, you'd need to get a discount extension that is capable of disabling itself based on the payment method selected, like Payment-Based Fee/Discount (http://www.opencartx.com/payment-based-fee-discount).

Or by "discounts" do you mean the Special and Discount prices, as set up in the product data? If so, you'd need a custom modification that will remove those for certain payment methods. I haven't seen anything like that before, so you'll probably need someone to write it for you.

If you need to find a developer, I recommend you post a request in the OpenCart "Commercial Support" forum, which is checked by a number of OpenCart developers. You can also try checking out the OpenCart "Partners" area.

Image Image Image Image Image

Administrator

Post by straightlight » Sat Jul 16, 2016 10:32 pm

Dedication and passion goes to those who are able to push and merge a project.

Regards,
Straightlight
Programmer / Opencart Tester

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by juslintek » Wed Aug 31, 2016 6:33 pm

I am a developer myself, but before I get started I need to know if there is any solution. Which would unset any product data discounts or cart total discounts if specific payment method is selected. If not, then I guess I'll just need to get all cart and product data on submit and remove all discounts and remake order report.

P.S. My clients OpenCart version is 1.5.6.4