Post by jcr66 » Fri Jan 22, 2021 4:19 am

Hi I hope someone will be able to help me with a problem I have created?

I have a website that runs on Opencart 1.5.6.4 and I am in the process of putting together a new website and tried to export a product CSV to save a lot of time.

Now I downloaded Export-Import to Excel FREE to carry out the task and never noticed that the extension was only for Opencart 2 and above and by installing it has broke the site and I am unable to login in to the admin for the website and the website does not show returning the following error: HTTP ERROR 500.

I have tried many times to install previous backups but after installing the back up it still returns the same error code.

The website files are all showing in file manager.

I know that by adding the extension it has now broke the site.

Any advice appreciated to get it back up and running or even help with getting a CSV from the files.

Thanks
Jim

Post by by mona » Fri Jan 22, 2021 4:25 am

Ask your service provider to reinstall a full backup database and files

DISCLAIMER:
You should not modify core files .. if you would like to donate a cup of coffee I will write it in a modification for you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zXIxDoCRc84

Expert Member

Post by jcr66 » Fri Jan 22, 2021 4:35 am

Thank you for your reply.

The Service provider have already tried a full back up install, but it did not work.

and the reply is below:

I have checked this further and here is some more information behind the HTTP error 500:

[type] => 1
[message] => Uncaught Error: Call to undefined function mysql_connect() in /home/dentalgl/public_html/klenzhygiene.co.uk/system/database/mysql.php:6
Stack trace:
#0 /home/dentalgl/public_html/klenzhygiene.co.uk/system/library/db.php(13): DBMySQL->__construct('localhost', 'dentalgl_ocar30...', 'fV32SP]7@1', 'dentalgl_ocar30...')
#1 /home/dentalgl/public_html/klenzhygiene.co.uk/index.php(48): DB->__construct('mysql', 'localhost', 'dentalgl_ocar30...', 'fV32SP]7@1', 'dentalgl_ocar30...')
#2 {main}
thrown
[file] => /home/dentalgl/public_html/klenzhygiene.co.uk/system/database/mysql.php
[line] => 6

From what I can see the issue is related to the PHP function used for connection to the database, so please check this further on your end as this is not a server-side issue. If you are not sure how to check this it will be best to get in touch with a web developer so he can assist you.

Post by by mona » Fri Jan 22, 2021 4:43 am

You asked your service provider for some information on the error.
I said to ask your service provider to re-install all your database and files from a back up.
Why? because you know what you have done and it was wrong and you want to put it back to how it was and start again.

It really is not worth the time and effort to do anything else when a flick of a switch and your back.
Are you sure they reinstalled the files and database ?

DISCLAIMER:
You should not modify core files .. if you would like to donate a cup of coffee I will write it in a modification for you.

Expert Member

Post by straightlight » Fri Jan 22, 2021 4:47 am

[message] => Uncaught Error: Call to undefined function mysql_connect() in
Deprecated since many years. mysqli_connect should be used since.

Dedication and passion goes to those who are able to push and merge a project.

Regards,
Straightlight
Programmer / Opencart Tester

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by jcr66 » Fri Jan 22, 2021 4:48 am

Hi Mona

That is the first thing they tried, but after the re-install of the database and files from the back up it did not work or so they told me.

I can ask them to try again.

Post by by mona » Fri Jan 22, 2021 4:53 am

I would.
If you are telling the truth, the whole truth and they are telling the truth and the whole truth - there is no reason why a full restore back up of files and database would not be exactly that. If they / you have done something like changed your php version that is a different issue.

Just to add to that .. the other thing you could do that would be a good idea - is to make sure you have a database back up - install a new opencart - get a developer to transfer the data for you and get you modules from your marketplace account - you won’t get all of them - but you won’t anyway.
Last edited by by mona on Fri Jan 22, 2021 4:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

DISCLAIMER:

Expert Member

Post by jcr66 » Fri Jan 22, 2021 4:58 am

Mona

I have also restored the back ups from the the back up vault with back up manager in the Cpanel and got the same result.

Post by by mona » Fri Jan 22, 2021 5:01 am

again - FILES & DATABASE ?

DISCLAIMER:

Expert Member

Post by jcr66 » Fri Jan 22, 2021 5:13 am

Yes Files & database. I will also do a new install as advised. Thanks

Post by by mona » Fri Jan 22, 2021 5:36 am

DISCLAIMER:

Expert Member

Post by jcr66 » Fri Jan 22, 2021 5:47 am

Thank you.

I will have a good read of them. Much appreciated

Post by xxvirusxx » Fri Jan 22, 2021 8:25 pm

Why don't use phpMyAdmin to export products in ODS format?

Upgrade Service | OC 2.3.0.2 PHP 8 | My Custom OC 3.0.3.8 | Buy me a beer

Expert Member

Location - România