Post by rwenve » Wed Feb 08, 2012 5:49 am

Hi - I am using OC 1.5.1.3 and I am trying to find out where the coupon code is being restricted to only 10 characters. I am looking in the admin/view/template/sale/coupon_form but I am only seeing the SQL statements that are inserting the code. I see some $error_name variables but I dont know where to find those if that is where I need to change it. I did look in the error folder but that only includes the not found and the permission tpl. It seems like this is a simple fix but Im going blind trying to find it. It doesn't appear to be restricted by the SQL. Any help would be great.

Thanks

Post by kedgetech » Wed Feb 08, 2012 7:31 am

Its restricted by controller validation admin\controller\sale\voucher.php . If you have a custom theme for admin (which is not normal ) you might want to check there for similar file.

if ((utf8_strlen($this->request->post['code']) < 3) || (utf8_strlen($this->request->post['code']) > 10 ))

update 10 to size you want but below the database column allowance.

Location - USA, Australia, India

Post by rwenve » Wed Feb 08, 2012 7:31 pm

Thanks - I did change that over thanks to your reply, however it ended up being on the validation in the coupon file vs voucher, nor would I have actually pulled up the database to increase the limit there. But I took care of both so thank you

Post by cartgirl » Sun Nov 04, 2012 5:16 am

I run version 1.5.3.1

Do I need to edit the database in order to increase the coupon character limit from 10 to 12 characters??

Post by rph » Sun Nov 04, 2012 5:45 am

Yes, both the database and controller (as described above) need to be updated.

Code: Select all

ALTER TABLE `coupon` CHANGE `code` `code` VARCHAR(12) CHARACTER SET utf8 COLLATE utf8_bin NOT NULL;

-Ryan

rph
Expert Member

Location - Lincoln, Nebraska