Post by WilliamCaballo » Wed Mar 26, 2014 2:32 pm

We have three WordPress WooCommerce shopping sites: Nameum.com, BrandNest.com, and Arileo.com. We're looking for more robust commerce functionality and are thinking of migrating to OpenCart. I would like to hear thoughts from anyone who has done this. Thanks!

Post by JNeuhoff » Thu Mar 27, 2014 7:45 pm

We use OpenCart for websites as a CMS as well as ecommerce. You could even add a 3rd party blog extension to OpenCart. So yes, in many cases OpenCart could cover the functions of WordPress, too.

Export/Import Tool * SpamBot Buster * Unused Images Manager * Instant Option Price Calculator * Number Option * Google Tag Manager * Survey Plus * OpenTwig

Guru Member

Post by Johnathan » Thu Mar 27, 2014 9:56 pm

I generally recommend people stick with a single piece of software. WordPress has some good shopping cart plugins (like WooCommerce), and OpenCart has some good CMS-type extensions, but making everything work together is generally a pain. So if you're going to switch, I'd do an overhaul of the site and make a complete transition to OpenCart.

If the main purpose of the site is e-commerce, and you don't need any other CMS features from WordPress (or at least ones you can't duplicate using extensions) then I'd say switch to OpenCart if you can.

Image Image Image Image Image

Administrator