Post by fullerorama » Sat Mar 29, 2008 10:57 pm

Hi Guys

I've just installed OpenCart 0.7.7 and I'm really impressed with the interface and usability of the system. Like many others before me I have a couple of problems which may be down to my own stupidity but I'd appreciate any help you can give.

-------------------------------------------------
My setup is as follows:

PHP Version: 5.2.5
DB Version: MySQL 5.0.41
Web Server: Apache/2.0.59 (Unix)

I'm using MAMP 1.71 and am testing the application locally on my MacBook running OS 10.5.
-------------------------------------------------

Firstly I'm unable to download any products from the 'Account Downloads' section of the public website when you click on the disk icon you just get a blank page. When I look at the 'Account Downloads' section I've 'Remaining: 0' next to each product, does this mean I have no downloads left? As I couldn't find any way of setting the amount of downloads allowed.

I've enabled the 'download' feature in the website settings control panel and have set the download status to 'complete' but I still cannot successfully download anything as a customer.

My Second problem is the website refuses to email, upon changing the status of an order I assumed the website would email the client, is this meant to be the case?

Is there an ideal setup of server that this application prefers to be running under?

Many thanks in advance for any and all advice.

Regards,

Dave.

Newbie

Posts

Joined
Sat Mar 29, 2008 10:24 pm

Post by fullerorama » Sun Mar 30, 2008 4:39 pm

The download issue is caused because I havn't setup a 'remaining' limit in the control panel for the downloaded file, however when I enter this and click 'save' this isn't updating the database, the same thing happens when I amend the 'mask' attribute.

Any ideas?

Newbie

Posts

Joined
Sat Mar 29, 2008 10:24 pm

Post by ron_g » Thu Jun 26, 2008 9:29 am

I'm having the same problem.  Does anyone know if this problem has been resolved?  Thanks.

Newbie

Posts

Joined
Mon Jun 23, 2008 9:22 pm

Post by fido-x » Sun Jul 06, 2008 2:47 pm

I also had this problem.

One way of resolving this, is by logging into my database using phpMyAdmin and edit the download tables manually. Another way, is by deleting your existing entries, then re-inserting them - making sure to set the "mask" and "remaining" values BEFORE saving.

Regards, Fido-X.

Image
Modules for OpenCart 2.3.0.2
Homepage Module [Free - since OpenCart 0.7.7]
Multistore Extensions
Store Manager Multi-Vendor/Multi-Store management tool

If you're not living on the edge ... you're taking up too much space!


User avatar
Expert Member

Posts

Joined
Sat Jun 28, 2008 1:09 am
Location - Tasmania, Australia
Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests