Post by thebluebus » Fri Aug 09, 2013 6:49 pm

Hi,

I need the customer to be able to go to a 'custom product' page where they can select from any of the products already in the store (maybe an autofill /autosuggest text box to choose them from) to compile a bespoke package. This can then be purchased and will show up in the basket as 1 product (with the bundle items listed within).

The customer needs to be able to select from 3 different types of packaging for the bundle.

There will need to be some limitations such as how many items can be placed in certain packaging (based on size, or qty maybe)

Open to suggestions on how to solve this but would like to get going on it fairly soon.

What can you do?

thanks

Post by tacobandito » Fri Aug 09, 2013 10:55 pm

How many products do you have total in the store? If there aren't too many, you may try adding one item that has an "option" of every other item in the store. This way when you push the item to the cart, you can set the additional items as options.

As far as packaging goes, you could add those as custom shipping modules, each with their own set of limitations, but this would likely require the most work of the two things that you need. You might browse through the extensions library and see if anything comes close and just work off of that.

Hope this was helpful!

[module] PayPal Pro w/Recurring Profiles FREE
[module] 1 Click "Amazon Style" Checkout w/PayPal Pro FREE
[module] Adjustable PayPal Pro Fee FREE
[module] Add Sample To Cart LITE FREE
The guide to fixing just about everything wrong with OpenCart FREE!
Add INFINITE SCROLL to your homepage for FREE!
Live update product price for FREE!
Dynamic generation of Opencart coupon, FREE!
Hire me

Location - Springfield, MA

Post by thebluebus » Sat Aug 10, 2013 1:41 am

Hi, thanks for the suggestion. The store has around 50 products at the moment but this will be rising soon to nearer 100. I'm not sure that having them as options is going to be realistic.

You almost need a seperate basket where all the selected products are compiled and this is your custom item. And then when you checkout, this basket and anything in the normal basket go through on different lines if that makes sense.

Location - Springfield, MA

Post by paulfeakins » Mon Aug 12, 2013 7:57 pm

Yeah, I think a link to the store and more information about the type of products would help with a solution.

I'm not totally sure why adding lots of different products to the default shopping basket is a problem? Perhaps you want certain products grouped together? In which case perhaps using the built-in options to select that it's part of a package would work?

But definitely more information needed to be able to suggest something.

For quick, professional OpenCart support please email info@antropy.co.uk

Guru Member

Location - Reigate, Surrey, United Kingdom

Post by thebluebus » Mon Aug 12, 2013 9:02 pm

hi,

the site isn't in a state to view online currently but I'll explain in more detail about what is required.

The store has around 50 products, generally food / snacks / small gifts.

The idea is that the customer can create a 'bespoke package' (usually as a gift for someone) from any of the products in the store.

There would be a couple of packaging options which could contain a set amount of products i.e.

Package A can contain x amount of products
Package B can contain x amount of products

I see the bespoke package being compiled from a new page which has selection of packaging. The customer selects the size they require and the set number of text boxes appear. The customer can then select via an autosuggest box the products they want to fill the package with.

The other way I see it working would be a duplicate basket, and on each product page you could have a 'add to bespoke package' button as well as the normal one. You could then compile 2 separate baskets, and both are put through checkout together.

The customer might also want to order individual items separately from the bespoke package hence the need for the bespoke package to be compiled away form the default basket.

Checkout can then be completed for the bespoke package (its total sum being the value of its contained products + a packaging cost) and any other items in the normal basket.

Please let me know if you think you can help on this or you need more info.

Post by ubicolonia » Thu Jun 12, 2014 5:39 pm

I see that's a very old thread, but could you find a solution for your requirement?

Thanks für any hint!

Post by ponii_bouza » Thu Nov 20, 2014 8:01 am

Hello. I am very interested in this because I see you raise me needing something almost identical to what you described.

In my case would be the customization of a Christmas basket, tray or bag.

Where the person must choose the package size (small, medium, large, etc.) and then choose products categories I specify what he wants you to place, and finally add to cart as all products plus the price of the package.

Excuse the expression but use google to translate.

It has come to reach a solution to something similar?