Post by aboss3 » Sat Aug 17, 2013 5:54 am

I have a bug that I need to fix. When the customer receives an order update email, the link points to the login page. I've tried changing '&' to '/' in account/order/info to no avail. If the customer is not signed in at that time, he is being asked to sign in (assuming that he created an account).

Another issue is that the checkou/checkout page all of a sudden lost its layout (no changes were made) and is suddenly messed up.

PM with your price to fix these errors.

Post by butte » Sat Aug 17, 2013 6:40 am

Version?
Last edited by butte on Mon Aug 19, 2013 9:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Guru Member

Post by aboss3 » Sat Aug 17, 2013 6:48 am

I'm on 1.5.4.1

Post by butte » Sat Aug 17, 2013 9:12 am

This is normal: "If the customer is not signed in at that time, he is being asked to sign in." Banks, PayPal, OfficeMax, Starbucks, OrchardHardware, and others work the same way, the mail's mere backlink does not log the recipient in. It is normal, because that is a security measure, a person must try to log in, and hopefully a machine or malicious idiot will not figure it out.

This, of course, is not normal: "all of a sudden lost its layout (no changes were made)." You can first try these quick steps: flush vqmod/vqcache/, flush your browser cache, ensure that your directories are 755 and files are 644 (Linux and Unix only), check your host php.exe version and php.ini maxima settings (those can be changed during server maintenance or upgrading without your being told), and replace from the OC .zip /upload/ tree your view/theme/default files in case any of them became corrupt.

The point there is not the relative expense or savings. If the shop was hacked (as does happen), then once routine possibilities are out of the way there will be other things to look at specifically. See PM.

Guru Member

Post by paulfeakins » Mon Aug 19, 2013 6:01 pm

Perhaps provide a link to the checkout page with a description of where it now looks wrong?

For quick, professional OpenCart support please email info@antropy.co.uk

Guru Member

Location - Reigate, Surrey, United Kingdom

Post by butte » Mon Aug 19, 2013 9:37 pm

If there is anything weird in your /download/ directory, such as gibberish.jpb.gibberish or route*.jpg.gibberish or anything.php, then delete it. A couple of the files that have appeared there are timestamped early this year.

The link he just suggested will be helpful in seeing whether it suddenly "merely" lost contact with its .css or other theme files or also does not work correctly.

Guru Member