Post by csb89 » Fri Jul 11, 2014 9:40 pm

The problem:

Today I have noticed that the email system is not working. I do not receive an email confirmation when an order is received, and I believe the customer does not receive an email either. Also the customer 'forgotten password' thing is not working.

I am using an email extension that formats the look of the emails, it is called 'Professional Email Template: 4.5.1.5' but I do not believe this is the cause of the problem, as the email system was working fine for months and months. I have made absolutely no changes to this website, so I have no idea why the email system has suddenly stopped. The email account itself works fine, just not receiving any notifications from open cart as described above.

The solution:

Please can anyone willing to have a look at this send me a private message with the total cost to complete the job. I wish to know the exact cost for fixing this issue, rather than a quote price per hour.

If there are a lot of enquires for this job I apologise if I am unable to reply to them all.

Thanks in advance

Post by paulfeakins » Mon Jul 14, 2014 5:09 pm

You may be best off asking your web host first as issues like this are often to do with the server.

UK OpenCart Hosting | OpenCart Audits | OpenCart Support - please email info@antropy.co.uk

Guru Member

Location - London Gatwick, United Kingdom

Post by csb89 » Mon Aug 11, 2014 3:53 pm

paulfeakins wrote:You may be best off asking your web host first as issues like this are often to do with the server.
Thanks. I will try to contact the web host.

Post by chrisranjana.com » Mon Aug 11, 2014 5:15 pm

csb89 wrote:The problem:

Today I have noticed that the email system is not working. I do not receive an email confirmation when an order is received, and I believe the customer does not receive an email either. Also the customer 'forgotten password' thing is not working.

I am using an email extension that formats the look of the emails, it is called 'Professional Email Template: 4.5.1.5' but I do not believe this is the cause of the problem, as the email system was working fine for months and months. I have made absolutely no changes to this website, so I have no idea why the email system has suddenly stopped. The email account itself works fine, just not receiving any notifications from open cart as described above.

The solution:

Please can anyone willing to have a look at this send me a private message with the total cost to complete the job. I wish to know the exact cost for fixing this issue, rather than a quote price per hour.

If there are a lot of enquires for this job I apologise if I am unable to reply to them all.

Thanks in advance
Maybe your host has changed your email SMTP configuration or mail sending capabilities using PHP scripts. As noted earlier it is best to contact your hosting provider

Chris, Opencart Developers and Programmers,
Opencart Developers Opencart Programmers
https://www.chrisranjana.com

Location - chennai, India