Post by bobb » Wed Apr 10, 2019 3:15 am

Thanks to all who responded but since I've worked with JG in the past I decided to have him work on my site.
------------------------------------------
Are there any active developers for 1.5.6.4. ?

I recently emailed a well-known developer I've worked with in the past but received no response, so I purchased Qphoria's "Option to Product" Vqmod in an attempt to make some progress towards my goal. The VqMod worked on my dev site but not on prod (my fault, changes to core files) so I emailed Qphoria (qphoria@gmail.com) for help getting the VqMod working. No response after a week. I then PM'd Qphoria but another 5 days elapsed with no reply. So I'm stuck asking for help here.

Briefly, here is what I want and yes I know it's not free:
  • Qphoria's "Option to Product" Vqmod to work. It appears to work in admin but not in the cart, and no vqmod errors.
  • A category of hidden products that can only be seen after they are added to the cart using the above VqMod. I've hacked something that sort-of works but would prefer a cleaner mod based on the product category.
  • Dependent multi-level product options (option 2 changes based on selection of option 1), and of course this has to work with the Option to Product mod. Yes, there's a VqMod for this but the developer already told me it won't work with Option-to-Product.
  • I want changes to how inventory works. For example, I have 4 products that use same "base part" and I'd like to track inventory on the base part, regardless of which product the customer buys.

I'm running 1.5.6.4 with Super Mega Menu and Supertheme extensions and about 17 Vqmods, along with lots of changes to core files. There are some errors in the OC logs but the site works and has been since 2014, so while my core changes aren't pretty they haven't broken anything, except maybe keeping Option-to-Product from working.

If I get any response to this post I'll provide more details directly to prospective developers. I'm hoping that Qphoria or JG are still around but wondering why they're not talking to me. ???
Last edited by bobb on Wed Apr 10, 2019 10:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post by xxvirusxx » Wed Apr 10, 2019 3:51 am

Try to install clean 1.5.6.4 on subdomain/directory with Default theme and test if that module work.
If work on clean install, then is a compatibility issue with you 17 vqmods.

LE. And you can edit that vqmod file and change
<operation> to <operation error="log"> to see where can't find code and error log will be display on vqmod.

Upgrade Service | OC 2.3.0.2 PHP 8 | My Custom OC 3.0.3.8 | Buy me a beer

Expert Member

Location - România

Post by bobb » Wed Apr 10, 2019 4:49 am

Thanks for trying to help but no go. I didn't realize the errors would not log by default so at least I learned something.

I added the error attribute on all <operation> tags in the vqmod that is not working. Ran a test, the vqmod now stopped working in admin (previously it worked in admin). Found the error log contained an error but it was a case where one operation tag already had the error attribute so it failed because there was a second one. I corrected that line, tested again, no errors, mod works in admin again but still fails to add the product to the cart.

I then moved the 16 other vqmods to a temp folder, refreshed the product page on the site, selected the option that should add a product to the cart, but it fails to add the product. Again, no errors in the vqmod log.

My dev site works with the same other vqmods installed so I think it has to be a core file problem.

Post by JAY6390 » Wed Apr 10, 2019 5:26 am

Hi Bob

I've sent you a PM

Kind regards
Jay

Guru Member

Location - United Kingdom

Post by gabriel.albert » Wed Apr 10, 2019 1:45 pm

Hello,

I am an experienced Opencart developer for 1.5.6.4. and would be happy to help. Please mail me at: gabriel.cisin20@gmail.com and add me on skype: gabriel@cisinlabs.com to discuss more.

Looking forward to hearing you soon.

Regards
Gabriel A.

Post by ostechnologies » Wed Apr 10, 2019 3:03 pm

Hello,

PM sent. Please check.

Opencart Expert | sales[at]ost.agency
Skype - manish.osuniverse | Gtalk - manishmt

Extensions for Opencart @ https://www.ost.agency/product/product- ... extensions
ost.agency - ecommerce website design, development and digital company

Post by paulfeakins » Wed Apr 10, 2019 5:25 pm

Hi there,

We should be able to help with this, would you be able to drop us an email to get an estimate?
info@antropy.co.uk

Kind regards,
Alex
www.antropy.co.uk

UK OpenCart Hosting | OpenCart Audits | OpenCart Support - please email info@antropy.co.uk

Guru Member

Location - London Gatwick, United Kingdom