Post by antstyl » Sun Nov 08, 2020 10:04 pm

Hello to the forum...
I need your assistance and proposals!

I have an opencart 3.0.2.0 (Journal 3) with about 40,000 products and I have installed a custom search engine extension, but as this searches to title, model number and description when there are multiple searches at the same time, mysql seems to have a lot of load and it takes too long to respond or some times crashes (even on a dedicated server) when having simultaneously searches.
Also this search extension has a custom modification. As I have products which may have slightly different name or description or totally different but with same model number, I wanted only to show the cheapest product if the keywords exists in multiple products with same model number so not to bring all the products with the same model number but just one of them.
It worked well but s slow and with huge impact in mysql server.

I have also tried another extension which creates indexes for every word. That extension is blazing fast with no significant impact in mysql BUT as the creator did the above modification in order to bring one result per model (the cheapest) I have the following problems and the creator cannot help me:

1) If I search for example for "250 test" it will not bring back only products that have the exact "250 test" but it will bring products that have only "250 test", "250", "test", "*250*", "*test*" (where * = any character). So it brings back a lot of unwanted products.

2) In addition it doesnt search with greek characters

In bottom line, I would like to keep my second extension which is so fast if I could fix those two problems.
Or if someone could propose any other extension to be fast enough for so many products and searching in description, able to have the above modification (one product per model), working with Journal and not to have the above limitations.

Post by thekrotek » Mon Nov 09, 2020 3:12 am

I can take a look into your search functionality and tweak it accordingly, I'm kinda expert in this field. Send me an email or message in Skype and we'll discuss the details.

Professional OpenCart extensions, support and custom work.
Contact me via email or Skype by support@thekrotek.com

Expert Member

Post by Carter W11 » Mon Nov 09, 2020 1:18 pm

Hello there,

Hope you are doing well!!

I'd Glad to assist you.

Please reach to me at my email : carter@cisinlabs.com or add me over skype : live:carter_1594 so that we can continue our discussion over there.

Awaiting your response.

Best Regards
Carter W

Profession Opencart Developer.
You can reach me via email : carter@cisinlabs.com

Post by cedcommerceteam » Mon Nov 09, 2020 2:15 pm

Hello,

Hope you are doing well.

We can help you with this, please the things in detail.

Thanks!!!

Call us at : (+91) -8765210318 , Skype: live:carlmorgan.cedcommerce , Email: support@cedcommerce.com
CedCommerece : Officail Opencart Partners
CedCommerce Official : www.cedcommerce.com
Opencart Services : www.cedcommerce/opencart-services.com
Sell On various Marketplace Integration : Opencart-Extensions
Magenative Mobile App/IOS Development : magenative.com
Webinar : Power up Your holiday season marketing with the Automation tool

Post by Linneajones » Tue Nov 10, 2020 6:37 pm

Hello There,

I would like to assist you with this work.
Please get connected to discuss further.

Regards
Linnea
E- linneajones.mil@gmail.com