Post by CrispyColonel » Mon Oct 15, 2012 3:32 am

Hi Guys,

So I'm used to using Wordpress themes, but I am helping a friend set up a new website for her jewelly business and have decided that OpenCart would be the best option moving forward... Any ideas?

There's quite a few templates that I like, but after having a chat we have decided it would be best to start a fresh and design a new template... I like a real mix i.e. Astley Clark website, mixed with the simplicity of Tiffany...

I'm happy to design the website in PSD (CS6) if that helps, but I will need someone to build and code the OpenCart template itself... The idea is to keep the website modern yet simple. The finished outcome will need to a fully functioning opencart website, capable of taking online payment etc...

We are willing to pay (within reason), so please let me know if this is something you can do, examples of previous projects and the turnaround time involved.

Also, any creative ideas.. Let me know! :)
Please message me if you have any further questions.

Thanks!

Post by pprmkr » Mon Oct 15, 2012 2:29 pm

A Wordpress theme is as more difficult as an OpenCart theme.

Take a look at the default stylesheet and the images used.

The basic start of a new template:

Create folder theme_name in catalog/view/theme
Create:
catalog/view/theme/theme_name/stylesheet
catalog/view/theme/theme_name/image
catalog/view/theme/theme_name/template
catalog/view/theme/theme_name/template/common

Copy from the default theme template/common/header.php and footer.php.
In there you can define a new set of wrappers for page, header and footer if you like and set the path to sylesheet and scripts.

Then create new images and adjust colors, positions, fonts and sizes in the stylesheet.

Location - Netherlands

Post by paulfeakins » Mon Oct 15, 2012 5:03 pm

Hello there! We'd be happy to help. Would you like to email info@antropy.co.uk with some info so we can estimate for you?

Kind regards,
Paul :)

For quick, professional OpenCart support please email info@antropy.co.uk

Guru Member

Location - Reigate, Surrey, United Kingdom

Post by jamieclick » Mon Oct 15, 2012 5:14 pm

Hi there, would love to work with you on this. Feel free to drop me an email to jamie@clickbusinesssolutions.co.uk

Look forward to hearing from you soon,

Jamie

Click Business Solutions,
http://www.clickbusinesssolutions.co.uk
Info@clickbusinesssolutions.co.uk

Location - UK

Post by CrispyColonel » Tue Oct 16, 2012 12:41 am

Thanks for the responses - I guess what I'm trying to find out is, is it best to comvert from psd to opencart, or develop from scratch?

I need an opencast developer to advise on how much it would cost to build a retail site based on what information was given in the original post.. How much would this cost? We are on a tight budget but can pay if the cost is reasonable...

Post by paulfeakins » Tue Oct 16, 2012 5:29 pm

CrispyColonel wrote:Thanks for the responses - I guess what I'm trying to find out is, is it best to comvert from psd to opencart, or develop from scratch?

I need an opencast developer to advise on how much it would cost to build a retail site based on what information was given in the original post.. How much would this cost? We are on a tight budget but can pay if the cost is reasonable...
Yes. We are an OpenCart developer. If you could email some details at info@antropy.co.uk we can get back to you with an estimate.

Kind regards,
Paul :)

For quick, professional OpenCart support please email info@antropy.co.uk

Guru Member

Location - Reigate, Surrey, United Kingdom

Post by jamieclick » Mon Oct 22, 2012 9:07 am

There are a number of options to yourself. Please do drop me an email to the link below so we can talk about these.

Thanks

Click Business Solutions,
http://www.clickbusinesssolutions.co.uk
Info@clickbusinesssolutions.co.uk

Location - UK

Post by smifis » Fri Oct 26, 2012 8:13 am

Hi there,

I'll send you a PM