Post by CarlLt » Wed Mar 09, 2011 2:28 am

How would I be able to add a product to product list, and add multiple prices to it's details. For example:
Price: Original - 10$
Not original - 7$
Refilling - 5$

There should be also a checkbox or something for the costumer to tick, which one he would like to buy.

At first i decided to make all these products as separate ones, and add them as alternatives to the main product. But the way I described it above, would be more efficient i believe. Both for me, and the customer.

Post by CarlLt » Wed Mar 09, 2011 3:16 am

While searching i found out that it's possible to make dropdown lists with prices.
Is it possible to move the dropdown list to the place, there the price is written ?

Post by mystifier » Wed Mar 09, 2011 5:30 am

You can set Product Options with price adjustment. Try the following procedure:

- Edit a product and select the 'Option' tab.
- Click 'Add Option' and change the Option name to 'Condition' (or your chosen text)
- Click 'Add Option Value' and change the Option Value name to 'Original'
- Enter 0 for Price
- Click on 'Condition' in the left pane
- Click 'Add Option Value' and change the name to 'Not Original'
- Enter 3 for Price and change prefix to '-'
- Click on 'Condition' in the left pane again
- Click 'Add Option Value' and change the name to 'Refilled'
- Enter 5 for Price and change prefix to '-'
- Click 'Save'

Effect, assuming that the product price is $10
Product will show on the website with a dropdown labelled 'Condition'; three options will be available
- Original (no price adjustment)
- Not Original ($3 reduction)
- Refilled ($5 reduction)

Free v1.4.9 Extensions: Default Specials | Improved Search | Customer Activity Report | Customer Groups | Royal Mail With Handling | Improved Product Page | Random Products | Stock Report | All Products

Post by Qphoria » Wed Mar 09, 2011 6:07 am

We discussed adding the option to "Price by Options" in future versions to allow offering 2 methods of option pricing

The current way:
Product: 10.00
option 1: +2.00
option 2: +5.00

And a full replacement:
Product: Starting at 12.00
Option 1: 12.00
Option 2: 15.00

This should satisfy both methods

Administrator

Post by jaajaa » Sun Mar 27, 2011 3:59 pm

I was in a similar situation (not knowing how to set options) but I worked it out... however I've encountered another issue with the cart showing the wrong prices at checkout.

I sell protein powders that come in a variety of sizes (so the price varies), eg:
750g - $50
1kg - $75
2kg - $100

I have the product set at the 750g option for $50. If I buy just that, it gets added to cart correctly. I'm forced to do this because I can't show it at $0 and have the model as blank.

If you buy the 1kg option, the cart shows the product at the price of $75 (for 1kg) PLUS $50 (which is the base product price).

I'm guessing I'll need to set my price options as the difference between the base price... Unless someone else knows a better way?

Many thanks in advance.. .this is killing me right now!
:'(

Post by mystifier » Sun Mar 27, 2011 4:38 pm

In Product-Option-Values, 'Price' would be better labelled 'Price Adjustment' because you are correct in thinking that it is the difference. It is always a positive number, the seperate Prefix (+/-) field determins whether it should ba added or subtracted.

So your options are:

Protein Powder (standardizing on 750Kg, price $50):
750g Box, Price: 0, Prefix: leave blank
1Kg Box, Price: 25, Prefix: +
2Kg Box, Price: 50, Prefix: +

or

Protein Powder (standardizing on 1Kg, price $75):
750g Box, Price: 25, Prefix: -
1Kg Box, Price: 0, Prefix: leave blank
2Kg Box, Price: 25, Prefix: +

Free v1.4.9 Extensions: Default Specials | Improved Search | Customer Activity Report | Customer Groups | Royal Mail With Handling | Improved Product Page | Random Products | Stock Report | All Products

Post by jaajaa » Sun Mar 27, 2011 5:40 pm

ok that's cool... so I basically enter the price difference instead of the actual price?

*sigh*

Post by jhaefele » Wed Sep 07, 2011 1:33 pm

I'm sort of in the same boat. Selling candles, each scent has 5 different sizes. I don't want to say that tealights cost $4.00 and that a large jar costs "+$11". I just want to say tealights are $4, and jars are $15, without creating an individual item for every potential size.

Any thoughts? I found a $60 extension that looks like it will do the trick, but I don't really want to have to spend the money on that if I can help it.

Post by tmg820 » Sat Sep 17, 2011 2:12 pm

Yes, I'm in the same boat too...sell photography and would like to list each size as it's own price, not +or -$. Any ideas out there?
Thanks,
~T

Post by valmac » Fri Apr 13, 2012 11:37 pm

Just wondering if tmg820 or jhaefele found a resolution of the multiple pricing issue?

Post by ajfwebdesign » Fri Jul 20, 2012 7:07 pm

Hi All,

I'm looking for the exact same thing, I need to offer Several prices for the same product in different sizes, but I don't want to have a + sign displaying, just the various prices beside the various product sizes. Does anyone know of a VQmod or regular extension that may do this?

Thanks in advance

Post by wangzheny » Sat Sep 28, 2013 4:43 am

I have the same situation . i have no idea about the progrogram.
but I find a makeshift to work .but you have to set the base price 0. then change the option codes to hide prefix.
my opencart 1.5.4

in theme/default/template/product/product.tpl
find

<?php if ($option_value['price']) { ?>
(<?php echo $option_value['price_prefix']; ?><?php echo $option_value['price']; ?>)
<?php } ?>

there will be a few same codes for Radio ,checkbox ,text .....and replace all with : (please change "A$0.00" to your right 0 price format )

<?php if ($price == "A$0.00"){ ?>

<span class="required_price"> (<!--<?php echo $option_value['price_prefix']; ?>--><?php echo $option_value['price']; ?>)</span>
<?php } ?>

<?php } else {?>

(<?php echo $option_value['price_prefix']; ?><?php echo $option_value['price']; ?>)
<?php } ?>
<?php } ?>

You might need to creat a new css class="required_price" in stylesheet.css .

<?php } ?>
<?php } ?>

Post by meistralf » Wed Apr 22, 2015 12:38 pm

I have 1 set product image but with different price. Can someone help me how to do it? Because i want to do like this.

1set = Rm166.00
Skirt = Rm98.00
Blazer = Rm68.00

When customer click Skirt it only show skirt price only. I try to use option but it has to use -/+ but i want it price based on one product.

Post by occart.help » Thu Dec 24, 2015 4:09 am

Hello Guys

I am running a mobile site . I would need variation price as below

Color
Storage

I also dont need +/- options as default in opencart. The default product should be one of the color present

The customer must be able to select color and then storage option for related colors should be displayed

I am really banging my head please some one help me or if there is any paid extension please help me

for clear example please visit this

http://www.flipkart.com/apple-iphone-5s ... rom-search

Post by n2rtechnologies » Wed Aug 10, 2016 10:53 pm

Hey all please check this extension
http://www.opencart.com/index.php?route ... n_id=27545

Download Free OpenCart Module.
OpenCart FREE Extensions

Hire Us and Get Free Support.
Hire OpenCart Developer