Post by Lao » Wed Dec 07, 2011 2:12 pm

The files are slightly different from one version to another. Check the file headers carefuly and you'll see them.

I'm using Open Cart 1.5.4.1 on http://www.importpieseauto.ro

Lao

Location - Craiova, Romania

Post by JNeuhoff » Wed Dec 07, 2011 6:17 pm

The spreadsheet columns are slightly different between the 1.4.9.x and 1.5.1.x versions of the Export/Import tool. You'llhave to copy and paste the columns from the old to the corresponding new spreadsheet. Also, use XLS, not XLSX file format.

Export/Import Tool * SpamBot Buster * Unused Images Manager * Instant Option Price Calculator * Number Option * Google Tag Manager * Survey Plus * OpenTwig

Guru Member

Post by ccM » Thu Dec 08, 2011 6:03 am

Is anyone else having trouble importing options? I am using 1.5.1.1 and as far as I can tell the export is fine but on import the options change.

Exported:
Option - Size/Colour. Type - select. Value - 12/14 Blue
Imported:
Option - Size. Type - select. Value - SML

This seems very random. Mostly it knocks out an entire option which then affects every product that option applies to, and it replaces it with one other option value all the way through. The replacing value is not usually from the same option group either.

Any help or advice would be appreciated thanks!!

ccM

Location - QLD, Australia

Post by JNeuhoff » Thu Dec 08, 2011 6:24 am

ccM wrote:Is anyone else having trouble importing options? I am using 1.5.1.1 and as far as I can tell the export is fine but on import the options change.

Exported:
Option - Size/Colour. Type - select. Value - 12/14 Blue
Imported:
Option - Size. Type - select. Value - SML

This seems very random. Mostly it knocks out an entire option which then affects every product that option applies to, and it replaces it with one other option value all the way through. The replacing value is not usually from the same option group either.

Any help or advice would be appreciated thanks!!
Try the latest Export/Import tool from http://www.mhccorp.com/opencart/export-import-tool

Export/Import Tool * SpamBot Buster * Unused Images Manager * Instant Option Price Calculator * Number Option * Google Tag Manager * Survey Plus * OpenTwig

Guru Member

Post by chadius » Thu Dec 08, 2011 12:07 pm

Thanks for the suggestions guys. Upon investigating I found the difference between the two versions of the files and copied and pasted my info into the proper locations in the new version of the export file. I re-ran the import and it worked fine.

Post by greg2802 » Thu Dec 15, 2011 11:13 pm

Hi,

I'm currently changing from a zencart site to a OpenCart Site.

I've found and installed this module ok and can get it working up to around 2000 products ive tired changing the php.ini and .htaccess file.

So i thought id split my 5000 products down and do them in 3 batches.

However when i upload the second batch it deletes the 3rd, is their anyway to stop this module deleting all the data before it runs?

Thanks.

Post by misscaprice » Fri Dec 16, 2011 4:12 pm

ccM wrote:Is anyone else having trouble importing options?
Yes, mine is acting weird, too.
Everything imports and exports correctly, options are listed and can be changed in the admin section, but they do not appear in the front-end.
Only the drop-down "Please select" menu appears without the available options.
I downloaded and installed the latest version of Import/Export, using OC 1.5.1.3.

JNeuhoff, what might be the problem?

Post by JNeuhoff » Fri Dec 16, 2011 6:38 pm

misscaprice wrote:
ccM wrote: Everything imports and exports correctly, options are listed and can be changed in the admin section, but they do not appear in the front-end.
Only the drop-down "Please select" menu appears without the available options.
I downloaded and installed the latest version of Import/Export, using OC 1.5.1.3.

JNeuhoff, what might be the problem?
Send me a PM with copy of your XLS file you tried to import, and I take a look at it.

I assume you are using the latest Export/Import release? Because I did a fix with for the options just a few weeks ago.

Guru Member

Post by JNeuhoff » Fri Dec 16, 2011 8:15 pm

I just looked at it, and it imports just fine.

I think the reason why you don't see the options on the frontend is because you have them set to 'subtract'=true while the 'quantity'=0. If you don't need stocklevel tracking for your options, use 'subtract'=false, and the options will show up just fine on the frontend.

Guru Member

Post by misscaprice » Fri Dec 16, 2011 10:19 pm

Yes, there was the issue. Everything works just fine now.
The spreadsheet used to work very well with previous version of OC. If it weren't you, I would never have thought this may be the reason.

Post by t556 » Sat Dec 17, 2011 6:03 am

My Mistake, problem fixed

I'm having problems with options. I'm running a fresh install of ocart 1.5.1.3 and a copy of the import/export tool that was downloaded today (12/16/12). I added about a hundred products via the spreadsheet and imported them into the install, everything seems correct except the options. When I go to edit a product that was added via the tool there are no options applied to it at all. When I export, they are still now shown.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks,
Clay
Last edited by t556 on Sat Dec 17, 2011 6:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post by t556 » Sat Dec 17, 2011 6:09 am

Just kidding, looks like it was a stupid mistake on my part.

I love this tool!

Post by PaulD123 » Mon Jan 02, 2012 9:58 pm

Thanks to teratyke for this post

http://forum.opencart.com/viewtopic.php ... 78#p185778

It fixed my export problem which suddenly just appeared. Must be a size thing.

Thankyou again.

Paul.

PS I don't know what I would do without this tool. It is fantastic.

Post by Xciso » Thu Jan 05, 2012 4:18 am

I have a question about this great tool.
In products tab there is a column that is for the number a products i visit.
How can i do to not reset this. Can i set this to blank?

And one more question.
I have bought a modul "spec tab", how can i insert this to my import/export tool?
It would be so great to insert all the spec in the csv file.

Thanks!

Post by JNeuhoff » Thu Jan 05, 2012 6:52 am

Xciso wrote:I have a question about this great tool.
In products tab there is a column that is for the number a products i visit.
How can i do to not reset this. Can i set this to blank?

And one more question.
I have bought a modul "spec tab", how can i insert this to my import/export tool?
It would be so great to insert all the spec in the csv file.

Thanks!
As regards the 'viewed' column: I think this should indeed be preserved in the DB, will change that in a coming release of the Export/Import tool.

As regards the spec tab: I assume you are talking about additional field in the 'product' table and the corresponding 'Products' worksheet. Take a look at the admin/model/tool/export.php,especially the functions populateProductsWorksheet, uploadProducts and storeProductsIntoDatabase, these are the functions that need to be expanded to support additional product fields.

Guru Member

Post by Lao » Thu Jan 05, 2012 9:14 am

Is there any chance I can use categories name instead of categories IDs in the import file?

Lao

Post by JNeuhoff » Thu Jan 05, 2012 8:56 pm

Lao wrote:Is there any chance I can use categories name instead of categories IDs in the import file?
Unforunately, no. Category IDs are needed.

Guru Member

Post by Lao » Thu Jan 05, 2012 9:56 pm

Thank you for quick replying.

Lao

Post by rendered » Thu Jan 05, 2012 10:55 pm

Hi,

I'm using OC 1.5.1.3. Exporting seems to be working fine but I keep getting an error when I try and import:

Notice: Error: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '0,0,0,'1','1','0','1')' at line 1
Error No: 1064
INSERT INTO `product` (`product_id`,`quantity`,`sku`,`upc`,`location`,`stock_status_id`,`model`,`manufacturer_id`,`image`,`shipping`,`price`,`points`,`date_added`,`date_modified`,`date_available`,`weight`,`weight_class_id`,`status`,`tax_class_id`,`viewed`,`length`,`width`,`height`,`length_class_id`,`sort_order`,`subtract`,`minimum`) VALUES (214,1,'','','',5,'282',12,'data/products/214.jpg',1,433.55,0,'2007-09-20','2012-01-05 16:18:32','2012-01-01',0,1,1,9,,0,0,0,'1','1','0','1'); in /var/www/opencart/system/database/mysql.php on line 49

Can you help please?

Post by JNeuhoff » Fri Jan 06, 2012 12:29 am

rendered wrote:Hi,

I'm using OC 1.5.1.3. Exporting seems to be working fine but I keep getting an error when I try and import:

Notice: Error: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '0,0,0,'1','1','0','1')' at line 1
Error No: 1064
INSERT INTO `product` (`product_id`,`quantity`,`sku`,`upc`,`location`,`stock_status_id`,`model`,`manufacturer_id`,`image`,`shipping`,`price`,`points`,`date_added`,`date_modified`,`date_available`,`weight`,`weight_class_id`,`status`,`tax_class_id`,`viewed`,`length`,`width`,`height`,`length_class_id`,`sort_order`,`subtract`,`minimum`) VALUES (214,1,'','','',5,'282',12,'data/products/214.jpg',1,433.55,0,'2007-09-20','2012-01-05 16:18:32','2012-01-01',0,1,1,9,,0,0,0,'1','1','0','1'); in /var/www/opencart/system/database/mysql.php on line 49

Can you help please?
Looks like the field 'viewed'hasn't been filled in in your spreadsheet.

As I said, the next version will remove this column from the worksheet,as it shouldn't be overwritten i the database by the Import.

Guru Member