Post by spitos » Wed Jan 04, 2012 9:08 pm

Google Analytics Expert - E-Commerce Tracking, Goal & Funnel Reporting. With Event Tracking, Search Tracking, support for Google Adwords, Multi-Store compatibility & EU Cookie Law compliance.
The most comprehensive Google Analytics support on opencart! Get it here:
http://www.opencart.com/index.php?route ... on_id=4496

This extension supports all of these features:
  • Track successful Transactions and E-commerce data.
  • Full E-commerce & Order tracking - See which products were ordered with data for Model/SKU, Product Name, Quantity, Product Price & everything you would want!
  • Full Product & Product Options Tracking and Reporting including Product Category, Shipping Costs & Taxes
  • Create a 'Purchase' Goal for conversion reporting
  • Enable a Funnel Visualisation so you can see exactly which stage of the checkout the users leave the checkout process
  • Track Abandoned Funnels and see statistics for each hour, day, week or month.
  • Track opencart site search results in Google Analytics
  • Track Google AdWords conversions
  • *NEW* - Event Tracking to track clicks of the add to cart, add to compare & add to wishlist buttons/links on all relevant pages.
  • *NEW* - Full multistore support with separate GA tracking code for each website with full stats and data for each store.
  • *NEW* - EU Cookie Law compliance built in to meet the latest EU legislation. (optional)
Also compatible with the popular Shoppica & Shoppica 2 themes & one step/ one page checkout extensions!

Comes with easy to follow instructions and free support.

PLEASE DO NOT POST ANY CODE RELATED TO THE EXTENSION IN THIS FORUM, SEND ME A PM INSTEAD.
Last edited by spitos on Fri Jun 22, 2012 9:25 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Google Analytics Expert - Advanced e-commerce tracking, Product & options reporting, transaction/conversion reporting, Google Adwords conversion & profit reporting, goal & funnel reporting, event tracking, site search tracking, multi-store compatibility, EU Cookie Law compliance and works with any theme or checkout! Easy vqmod install. Get it here

Location - UK

Post by ShopOholic » Thu Jan 19, 2012 4:38 pm

If i run another template than the default one, shall i change it from "default" to "nameofmytemplate" in the vqmod xml-file?

Post by spitos » Thu Jan 19, 2012 4:41 pm

Yes you would need to rename the directory structure in the vqmod file for each instance of default.

Google Analytics Expert - Advanced e-commerce tracking, Product & options reporting, transaction/conversion reporting, Google Adwords conversion & profit reporting, goal & funnel reporting, event tracking, site search tracking, multi-store compatibility, EU Cookie Law compliance and works with any theme or checkout! Easy vqmod install. Get it here

Location - UK

Post by ShopOholic » Thu Jan 19, 2012 5:02 pm

Thanks, then i've done it right. :)

I will wait a day and watch if it works out as it should. I will give you report back. :)

Post by ShopOholic » Fri Jan 20, 2012 3:24 pm

Hmmm, looks like it has not registered any data under e-commerce. :o :'(

I look at Google Help site, and it says that SKU is required. Does this mean that i have to add a SKU to all my products before analytics will get the data?

Post by spitos » Fri Jan 20, 2012 6:04 pm

Have you double checked all of the steps to make sure everything has been followed correctly?

No you won't need to add a SKU to all of your products, just go to the xml file in the download folder and find this:

Code: Select all

"<?php echo $product['sku']; ?>",
Change it to:

"<?php echo $product['model']; ?>",
By doing this it will give Google the data it requires but it will simply show reports for the model instead of SKU in the SKU reporting section.

Location - UK

Post by ShopOholic » Fri Jan 20, 2012 6:22 pm

Forget it.
Last edited by ShopOholic on Fri Jan 20, 2012 6:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post by ShopOholic » Fri Jan 20, 2012 6:23 pm

And yes, i've read and walked trough the steps several times to check.

Post by ecoleman » Sat Jan 21, 2012 3:42 am

I though Spitos was being quite helpful there and I think you were a bit out of line ShopOholic.

The Mod works fine, thanks spitos.
Can you let me know what the update was for.

Cheers
Elliott

Colour Code you orders by Order Status

Post by ShopOholic » Sat Jan 21, 2012 4:17 am

Yes, Spitos did a great job helping me, and we had nice communication in PM, so i don't see the "out of line" comment from you ecoleman.

Salute,
ShopOholic

Post by cyansnow » Sat Jan 21, 2012 10:05 pm

hi Spitos

Thanks for a great mod works just find for me, i have sent you the error that is showing in the error log in pm. thanks ofr your help in advance.

Cyansnow

Post by spitos » Mon Jan 23, 2012 5:17 pm

Thanks for purchasing Elliott,

The recent update was to fix a part of the code related to the funnel reporting that I unnecessarily duplicated. I had also updated the final part of the instructions related to Google Adwords tracking. Previously I'd suggested to put this in the xml file but I found that by doing this it invalidates the xml file and produces errors due to the

]]>
that Google surrounds the code.

The same code also indicates the end of the added code

]]></add>
so the file was being cut short before it could all be read.

The Adwords code (if you are using it), should now be hardcoded into the success.tpl template.

You shouldn't have any issues now :)

Could I kindly ask if you could rate the extension in the store and also leave any positive comments to encourage others please guys?

Thanks.

Location - UK

Post by Melon » Sat Jan 28, 2012 3:08 am

Message via pm, to find resolve to problem

Post by ecoleman » Wed Feb 01, 2012 3:41 pm

Hi Spitos,

I've just installed your latest version and there are still a few errors.
In My error Log I was getting errors relating to sku in the order success page. I have changed that to model and the errors have gone. I'm guessing that is because there is no such field as sku.

Also getting the following errors in the vqmod log.

---------- Date: 2012-02-01 07:13:51 ~ IP : 8.11.2.10 ----------
REQUEST URI : /laptop-charger-090-g2
MOD DETAILS:
modFile : /home/thelapto/public_html/vqmod/xml/Google-Analytics-Funnel-Reporting&Ecommerce-Tracking&Goal-Tracking.xml
id : Google Analytics Funnel Reporting & Goal Tracking
version : 1.0.0
vqmver : 2.1.4
author : spitos
Could not resolve path for [catalog/view/theme/evisu/template/checkout/shipping_method.tpl]

I am getting this error for every single page that gets visited, hence now my log file is over 12Mb

Colour Code you orders by Order Status

Post by Melon » Wed Feb 01, 2012 6:12 pm

Im looking at my XML file for this, there is nothing about shipping_method.tpl.. only shipping.tpl

I recommend re downloading the file and uploading again

Post by spitos » Wed Feb 01, 2012 8:05 pm

For anyone else with the same issue... The file has been updated so please download again.

Location - UK

Post by vinhd » Sat Feb 18, 2012 10:59 am

Hi,

Quick question. What exactly does this extension do IN ADDITION to the free extension?

http://www.opencart.com/index.php?route ... order=DESC

I installed the free extension a while back but wondering if I should replace it with this one.

Thanks!

Post by iografico » Sat Feb 18, 2012 5:53 pm

Hi
yesterday I bought your Google Analytics module for template Shoppica but I have a problem.

I read that also happened to another person ... with the XML files installed the template graphics elements are altered, in registration/purchase step.

You can solve this problem?

Thanks
M.

Post by spitos » Mon Feb 20, 2012 5:05 pm

vinhd wrote:Hi,

Quick question. What exactly does this extension do IN ADDITION to the free extension?

http://www.opencart.com/index.php?route ... order=DESC

I installed the free extension a while back but wondering if I should replace it with this one.

Thanks!
Hi,

The extension you have downloaded only tracks ecommerce data such as number of sales and products purchased.
My extension will do everything the free extension does but also reports on the searches people enter into your site, it adds functionality to the checkout so that you can see each step that your users drop out of the checkout for full analytics funnel & goal reporting.

It is provides a much more comprehensive use of google analytics.

Location - UK

Post by tecoad » Wed Feb 29, 2012 12:51 pm

Hey man,

I bought this extension and installed, it went all fine except the fact that it the Conversion > Ecommerce > General View has not been computating the money of the transactions. It shows $0,00. Was it meant to be?

Also, the last funnel Order Confirmation had people slipping out and nobody proceeded to Purchase in spite I had many orders. Below are the addresses that analytics say people slipped out:

(exit)
/checkout/billingaddress
/checkout/confirm
/store/finalizar?sid=8n8c6o7iuln0458lbi16c600a3
/store/finalizar?sid=qsils59knadgo5tr9hvva7ihf5

I think this may be not well configurated (i did everything you said to install it). I am using SEO, does it have something to do with it?