Post by speedingorange » Thu Apr 19, 2012 3:57 pm

Hi,

Just a quick one that hopefully there is a simple fix for (i have searched and found others with the same issue but no clear fix for it) if someone could point me to the fix I would much appreciate it.

During checkout I occasionally get this error show for customers and it appears in the error log ( i think when they create an account mostly),

Code: Select all

2012-03-10 12:38:01 - PHP Notice:  Undefined variable: payment_address in /home/bla/public_html/catalog/controller/checkout/payment.php on line 88

2012-03-10 12:38:01 - PHP Notice:  Undefined variable: payment_address in /home/bla/public_html/catalog/controller/checkout/payment.php on line 88
I am not sure if this prevents check out but I do see a very high abandonment rate when it does display. Seeing it on two sites running 1.5.1.3

Any and all help very highly appreciated.

Cheers
James

Post by Avvici » Fri Apr 20, 2012 2:09 pm

Thats this line:

$method = $this->{'model_payment_' . $result['code']}->getMethod($payment_address, $total);
If you trace back that variable it goes to this statement:

if ($this->customer->isLogged()) {
			$payment_address = $this->model_account_address->getAddress($this->session->data['payment_address_id']);		
		} elseif (isset($this->session->data['guest'])) {
			$payment_address = $this->session->data['guest']['payment'];
		}	
The function getAddress is the one you want to check to make sure it's returning something. Your error say's it is not.

Expert Member

Location - Asheville, NC

Post by speedingorange » Fri Apr 20, 2012 4:19 pm

My coding skills leave a lot to be admired,

So should i just be checking that this code is fully intact?

Cheers
James

Post by speedingorange » Fri Apr 20, 2012 4:45 pm

ashleybeaman wrote:We are suppliers of a variety of quality [url=http://.com.na/]pre owned as well as brand new vehicles in Namibi[/url]a. We specialize in variety of affordable bakkies, sedans and 4x4 vehicles. We also have excellent customer service as well as after sales service to offer. http://.com.na/
I don't understand how this helps me you spammer lol

Post by drezh » Sat Apr 21, 2012 12:28 am

speedingorange wrote:Hi,

Just a quick one that hopefully there is a simple fix for (i have searched and found others with the same issue but no clear fix for it) if someone could point me to the fix I would much appreciate it.

During checkout I occasionally get this error show for customers and it appears in the error log ( i think when they create an account mostly),

I am not sure if this prevents check out but I do see a very high abandonment rate when it does display. Seeing it on two sites running 1.5.1.3

Any and all help very highly appreciated.

Cheers
James
I get the same error :(
If some one know, please help us to fix the issue.
Thank you

Post by speedingorange » Sat Apr 21, 2012 11:12 pm

avvici wrote:Thats this line:

$method = $this->{'model_payment_' . $result['code']}->getMethod($payment_address, $total);
If you trace back that variable it goes to this statement:

if ($this->customer->isLogged()) {
			$payment_address = $this->model_account_address->getAddress($this->session->data['payment_address_id']);		
		}	
The function getAddress is the one you want to check to make sure it's returning something. Your error say's it is not.
My code reads ever so slighly different to this, which I think is as a fix to a seperate issue? could it have been applied in the wrong place?

my code:

if ($this->customer->isLogged() && isset($this->session->data['payment_address_id'])) {
		}	
First line appears to be different could this be it?

Post by dstart » Fri Apr 27, 2012 6:08 pm

Bump?

Post by speedingorange » Tue May 01, 2012 1:21 am

Someone must have some more info on this?