Post by OC2PS » Sat May 12, 2012 3:47 am

Update (New version release)
11 May 2015: Facebook has deprecated Facebook Like Box, and replaced it with Facebook Page Plugin. This extension adds a Facebook Page Plugin module to your OpenCart-based shop.

Who is this for?
This extension is for any OpenCart shop owner who wants to integrate with Facebook to harness the power of social marketing.

Sample output
The module placed in content top or content bottom position
Capture1.PNG

Capture1.PNG (334.11 KiB) Viewed 14859 times

The module placed in content left or content right position
Capture3.PNG

Capture3.PNG (176.1 KiB) Viewed 14859 times

Features
  • New Facebook Page Plugin - reap the benefits of social marketing
  • Options to turn cover photo, friends' faces, and posts on/off.
  • Module can be placed in any layout in any position.
  • Responsive The module takes the width of its parent element upon page load (min. 280, max. 500). However, it does not resize dynamically - if width of page element is changed after load, you need to reload the page for the module to adjust its width.
  • Multilingual The module picks up the visitor's browser's default language.
  • Per-language FB page Often, multilingual businesses have different Facebook pages for different languages/countries. This extension fully caters to that.
Installation and Setup
These instructions are for the OpenCart 2.x-compatible versions of the extension
  1. First download the correct version of the extension from the Extensions Page. (save it in a memorable location like your Desktop)
  2. Extract the archive (unzip the zip file)
Because of the way OpenCart 2.x is set up, there are 3 parts to the installation:

Part 1 - Install the Facebook SDK
  1. In your browser, log into the admin area of your OpenCart Install and go to: Extensions > Extension Installer
  2. Click Upload, browse to the extracted folder > modification and select the file FacebookSDKLoader.ocmod.xml
  3. Once the Progress bar is 100% green and you get the success message (the continue button may never work), go to Extensions > Modifications
  4. Click the Refresh button
Part 2 - Install the Page Plugin Module
  1. Use an FTP client such as Filezilla to upload the contents of extracted folder > extension > upload to the root of your OpenCart installation.
  2. In your browser, log into the admin area of your OpenCart Install and go to: Extensions > Modules
  3. Find Facebook Page in the module list and click on the Install button next to it.
Part 3 - Set Up the Page Plugin Module
  1. In your browser, log into the admin area of your OpenCart Install and go to: Extensions > Modules
  2. Find Facebook Page in the module list and click on the Edit button next to it.
  3. You will see something like this
    Capture2 (Custom).PNG

Capture2 (Custom).PNG (13.84 KiB) Viewed 14859 times

Fill in the details for each language:
    • Module name: Choose a module name. This is a required field.
    • Heading title: You can choose a heading title for the module. Most people leave it blank.
    • Facebook Page slug: Please enter the slug of your Facebook page. This is the part of the URL that appears after the https://www.facebook.com/ part when you visit your Facebook page. Note: Yes, you can provide different Facebook slugs for different languages if you have different Facebook pages for different languages. e.g. You could provide myshopde for German and myshopes for Spanish. And yes, I know that's very cool.
    • Hide Cover: Choosing yes will hide the FB Page Cover Photo. Most people choose No.
    • Show Friends: Choosing yes will show photos of friends (just like Likebox and Facepile used to). Most people choose Yes
    • Show Posts: Choosing yes will show latest posts from the FB Page. Most people choose No
    • Width: Minimum width of the module is 280px. It adapts to the width of the parent element. So if parent is wider, width of module will be wider too - but maximum is 500px. You can specify a different maximum width here. Or leave the field blank to use Facebook defaults.
    • Height: Minimum height of the module is 130px. You can specify the maximum height here, or leave the field blank to let Facebook decide.

and click the Save button.
  4. Now the module is ready to use and we need to put it in various visual areas on the shop. So go to: Settings > Design > Layouts
  5. Click the Edit button next to the layout(s) on which you want the module to appear.
  6. Click Add Module button, select the module, position and sort order, and click the Save button. Go to previous step for every layout on which you want Facebook Page Plugin to appear.
Upgrades
Facebook Page Plugin v 1.0.0 for OpenCart 2.x is a complete rewrite of the extension. There is no upgrade path for the extension written for OpenCart 1.x Please uninstall the previous version, and follow the above fresh install instructions to move on to the new version.

FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions
  • Likebox is not appearing :-(
    • Ensure that you have followed the installation instructions, and completed all 3 parts.
    • Ensure that you have added the module to the layout (steps 4-5 above) of the shop page you are on.
    • Ensure you are using a Facebook page URL slug, and NOT a Facebook profile URL slug. Pages are for organizations and profiles are for people.
    • Ensure you have provided only the slug not the whole URL. facebook good, www.facebook.com/facebook bad.
    • Ensure you have provide the page slug only and nothing more. facebook good, facebook/info?tab=page_info bad
  • Same people's photos appear twice/ multiple times :-(
    • That means you are logged into Facebook as your business page. Log out of Facebook and refresh your shop in browser.
  • Can I change the font, background, etc
    • Sorry, Facebook does not offer those options.
  • Will this work with my theme?
    • The extension has been designed as a module that works with any theme.
    • If it doesn't work for you, try changing your theme to Default theme.
      • If it still doesn't work, then there is some other issue (e.g. another extension blocking this one).
      • If it works with Default theme but not with your custom theme, PM me and I will provide limited install support.
Support
  1. Check the FAQs above
  2. If your question is still unanswered, post it in this topic
  3. You can also PM me
Archived (old version for Facebook Likebox)
11 May 2012 wrote:This is a simple extension that adds a Facebook Like Box or Fanbox as a module to your Opencart installation.

There are not a terrible lot of options, but on the other hand, it's terribly easy to use. Just provide your Facebook page URL, add the module to layout(s) and you are done.

I hope you enjoy this extension. If you'd like to donate, please click on the Donate button below.

Installation
  1. Download the correct version of the extension from http://www.opencart.com/index.php?route ... on_id=6392
  2. Upload the contents of the uploads folder to your shop's root folder.
  3. Log into shop Admin Panel. Go to Extensions > Modules.
  4. Click Install link next to "Facebook likebox".
  5. Click Edit link next to "Facebook likebox",
    • provide the URL (including http://) for your Facebook page (not progile),
    • provide dimensions of the box and
    • add the module to your desired layouts, esp. Default layout.
    • fbsetting.JPG

fbsetting.JPG (64.6 KiB) Viewed 25869 times

6. Go to System > Users > User Groups and Edit each user to check appropriate checkboxes to add permissions to this extension.
Sample output
fb.JPG

fb.JPG (30.25 KiB) Viewed 25869 times

Likebox not appearing :-(
  1. Please ensure you are using a Facebook page URL, and NOT a Facebook profile URL. Pages are for organizations and profiles are for people
  2. Ensure you have added the module to the desired layouts (step 8 above)
I get a Facebook error message saying I am logged in as a page :-(
That means you are logged into Facebook as your business page. Go to Facebook, log out (or change over to your profile). Go back to your OpenCart shop's page and refresh.

Advertising
This mod adds my link to your site's footer (next to the Opencart link). It would be nice if you don't remove it. If you do remove it, please consider donating.

OC2PS
OC 3.0.3.7, vQmod 2.6.2, Journal3 theme
Arcfesték, Csillámtetoválás, Henna
Check out: All my extensions | My FREE extensions

Location - Hungary

Post by dizzydee » Tue Jul 10, 2012 12:16 pm

how can i edit the styling of the like box?
is there a file already or do i have to create a css?

Post by dizzydee » Wed Jul 11, 2012 3:41 am

anyone else might have any suggestions?

Post by perfectten » Fri Jul 27, 2012 8:37 pm

how can i find the layout file?

http://www.perfecttennails.com

Location - sweden

Post by OC2PS » Fri Jul 27, 2012 9:53 pm

As the description says, this is a SIMPLE facebook fanbox. I am not passing any styling elements.

OC2PS

Location - Hungary

Post by TomC » Sat Jul 28, 2012 12:14 am

OC2PS wrote:As the description says, this is a SIMPLE facebook fanbox. I am not passing any styling elements.
I would think that one can simply look into the relative files that are installed with this extension, and then deduce from there how and/or what needs to be done to try to style the display. In the end, it's all just code.

Location - California (USA)

Post by OC2PS » Fri Sep 14, 2012 12:20 pm

Added options to set height and width of the boxes and the number of photos to show.

OC2PS

Location - Hungary

Post by Shalini86 » Fri Oct 19, 2012 6:47 pm

Hi... i am only being able to see the box after logging in facebook as a user. Not otherwise. I am using 1.5.2.1 version. Also I am not able to see the area where i am required to provide dimensions of the box in admin panel. I only get to give facebook url and position of the module. Can you please help?

Thanks,
Shalini.

Post by OC2PS » Sat Oct 20, 2012 1:47 pm

Shalini86 wrote:i am only being able to see the box after logging in facebook as a user
Actually that's probably not true. You are probably not able to see the box when you are logged in as the page. But if you are logged in as a user or not logged in at all, you should see the box.
Shalini86 wrote:I am not able to see the area where i am required to provide dimensions of the box in admin panel.
The 1.5.2.1 compatible version does not have the option to provide width and height.

OC2PS

Location - Hungary

Post by nguyentrunghoa » Wed Oct 31, 2012 2:52 pm

Dear!
I instaled FB Likebox v1.2 on Opencart v1.5.3.1 and I did the instruction as you tell but I got error "There was an error fetching the like box for the specified page"
Please tell me how to solve that problem?
Thank you very much!

Post by OC2PS » Wed Oct 31, 2012 3:19 pm

nguyentrunghoa wrote:I got error "There was an error fetching the like box for the specified page"
Your Facebook page URL is wrong.

You are probably using a Facebook profile URL (which is for people) instead of Facebook page URL (which is for companies).

OC2PS

Location - Hungary

Post by nguyentrunghoa » Thu Nov 01, 2012 12:16 pm

This is my Website address: http://thucphamboibo.com
and My FaceBook Url is: http://www.facebook.com/thucphamboibosuckhoe
In My home page has a button FaceBook link to http://www.facebook.com/thucphamboibosuckhoe is ok, But with Facebook Like Box v1.2 not work!
Facebook Like Box is great module, but I can't use!
Please tell me how to install ?

Post by OC2PS » Thu Nov 01, 2012 12:44 pm

nguyentrunghoa wrote:FaceBook Url is: http://www.facebook.com/thucphamboibosuckhoe
with Facebook Like Box v1.2 not work!
This is a Facebook profile, not a Facebook page.

So you have friends not fans. People can't like the page.

So Likebox / Fanbox can't work with this URL.

If you want to use Likebox, you need to create a Facebook page http://www.facebook.com/pages/create.php

OC2PS

Location - Hungary

Post by nguyentrunghoa » Thu Nov 01, 2012 1:08 pm

Thank you so much!

Post by nguyentrunghoa » Thu Nov 01, 2012 7:42 pm

OC2PS wrote:
nguyentrunghoa wrote:FaceBook Url is: http://www.facebook.com/thucphamboibosuckhoe
with Facebook Like Box v1.2 not work!
This is a Facebook profile, not a Facebook page.

So you have friends not fans. People can't like the page.

So Likebox / Fanbox can't work with this URL.

If you want to use Likebox, you need to create a Facebook page http://www.facebook.com/pages/create.php
It is ok now for may Website at: http://thucphamboibo.com
Thanks again!

Post by OC2PS » Thu Nov 01, 2012 8:28 pm

nguyentrunghoa wrote:It is ok now
Thanks again!
I'm happy for you

OC2PS

Location - Hungary

Post by dorkiedoode » Fri Nov 16, 2012 2:13 pm

thank you for your extension. Can you help me fix this bug? My problem is that people picture are appearing twice in the box and not all of them show up. I currently have 10 likes and 7 are shown but 3 people are shown twice.

Post by OC2PS » Fri Nov 16, 2012 6:49 pm

Logout of your Facebook, visit your shop page, and hit Refresh.

OC2PS

Location - Hungary

Post by dorkiedoode » Sat Nov 17, 2012 1:41 am

it is still not working correctly. now it shows 2 people. how come this is happening?

Post by OC2PS » Sat Nov 17, 2012 1:47 am

Are you using OpenCart 1.5.4.1 and @tik Facebook Like Box 1.3.1?

Please provide a link to your OpenCart shop so we can have a look.

OC2PS

Location - Hungary