Post by Alexisander » Tue Mar 19, 2013 3:06 pm

Hello all, i have searched all over the internet for this 2 problems, i have found some ideas but nothing works.
We are talking about OC 1.5.5.1

1st problem: if you use a larg ammount of products - the store lags, loading any page in over than 20 seconds. I have read that there is something with the product count not disabling.

The real reason and the fix are...?

2nd problem: when i activate the USE SEO URL from admin, and rename the .htaccess.txt to .htaccess the store give 500 internal error.

The real reason and the fix are...?
(if i copy the .htaccess from the old 1.5.3.1 it looks like it works, but where is the bug in the 1.5.5.1 system?)

I used this ammount of products with OC since 2-3 years ago, i have also used SEO URL since than, never had any problems. I wanted to go for 1.5.5.1 an on 3 test stores i have the same issues.

Can someone please tell us the real fix for this 2 bugs?

Thanks!

Post by i2Paq » Tue Mar 19, 2013 6:07 pm

Did you compare the 1.5.5.1 htacces with the one from the 1.5.3.1?

Do you have the products per category count set: On?

Norman in 't Veldt
Moderator OpenCart Forums

_________________ READ and Search BEFORE POSTING _________________

Our FREE search: Find your answer FAST!.

[How to] BTW + Verzend + betaal setup.

Global Moderator

Location - Winkel - The Netherlands

Post by Alexisander » Tue Mar 19, 2013 10:39 pm

i2Paq wrote:Did you compare the 1.5.5.1 htacces with the one from the 1.5.3.1?

Do you have the products per category count set: On?
I did compare them, but why is that bug in 1.5.5.1 and i didnt found noone talking about it arround here. No one uses seo url with 1.5.5.1?

2nd, i have the products count set to: No.

Post by Daniel » Wed Mar 20, 2013 10:35 am

The lagging might be due to your host. try a dedicated server.

My own OC is on a dedicated host with 8k extensions, 14743 members

OpenCart®
Project Owner & Developer.

Administrator

Post by butte » Wed Mar 20, 2013 12:25 pm

Lagging (sagging, delaying, sleeping) might well owe only to server settings that you may or may not be able to reset. I went back to find my first post of the day, which in another vein seems germane here, as well, but fortunately I still had a copy of it in Notepad (it dinna take when I submitted it) and put it back in place (as now):

http://forum.opencart.com/viewtopic.php ... 60#p391360
[Edit:]
That replacement post has now been truncated, because the aforesaid missing first post appeared, and has its own:
http://forum.opencart.com/viewtopic.php ... 37#p391324

The point there for the more focused problem here is, you can reach reasons for slowdowns via your host account's control panel under databases, and you can tell via your ftp client whether you can even get into the area where you can execute commands (where WinSCP or similar would facilitate navigation and putty.exe or similar would facilitate resetting caches and such in keeping with your own performance requirements that appear among the "red" items in the status and statistics or similar lists).

You could establish an alternate server, so as to keep both usable as mirrors "just in case" while you evaluate the new one's idiosyncrasies.

As for the Apache 500, which will likely be sensitive to server idiosyncrasies unknown to you, you may need just to placidly set both .htaccess files side by side and tediously compare everything, then see which sensible compromises actually work. Somehow the server itself is tripping, and from experience with 500s I actually doubt that the .htaccess file(s) present a "bug" as such in OC. [Edit, here added to keep the thoughts together:] Often 500s can be forced to arise or disappear by merely changing (in your hosting account's control panel) which version or subversion of php is at work (as between 5.2, 5.3). Also, If you hand edit your php.ini settings (via control panel, putty.exe, or ftp), then remember to keep a backup of the original, and remember which settings were changed just to accommodate OC in the first place (e.g., turning off Magic Quotes for OC might be undone months later for another purpose without remembering that OC doesn't like them).
Last edited by butte on Thu Mar 21, 2013 7:39 am, edited 3 times in total.

Guru Member

Post by Alexisander » Wed Mar 20, 2013 2:41 pm

Daniel wrote:The lagging might be due to your host. try a dedicated server.

My own OC is on a dedicated host with 8k extensions, 14743 members
I had my store on the same host sincer 2-3 years ago, a few days ago i've changed for 1.5.5.1 did all settings and everythings started to lag as the products started to grow in number.

After 1 days, i have deleted the 1.5.5.1 and put back my 1.5.3.1 everything works perfect now.

I will try to build again an 1.5.5.1 and i will come back with the problems.

Thank you very much!

Post by Alexisander » Wed Mar 20, 2013 4:42 pm

htaccess differences from my 1.5.3.1 and my 1.5.5.1

1.5.3.1: Options +SymLinksIfOwnerMatch
1.5.5.1: Options +FollowSymlinks

with 1.5.5.1 version: not working, 500 internal error
if i change with the 1.5.3.1: working, no error BUT also no clean link, the web address is still like this:
/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=43
and it should be:
/pctest

Any ideas?
Thank you!

Post by Alexisander » Wed Mar 20, 2013 4:54 pm

Yeah and i see that at some items, products/categs which have seo url set... i get the 500 error.... damn!

Post by Alexisander » Wed Mar 20, 2013 5:21 pm

Fixed. I was on the subdomain and i made the RewriteBase / to RewriteBase /subdomainNAME
WRONG
just leave the RewriteBase / as it is.

AND change the Options +FollowSymlinks to +SymLinksIfOwnerMatch

Till now all ok!

Post by butte » Thu Mar 21, 2013 4:09 am

Good! If the problems recur (as in setting up the newer version in its own directory) . . .

Remember that all manner of .ht* files are nested from the publically accessible root up (and non-public ones are nested outside your own publically accessible root, above your master account root or the server's own root, the one owned by the guy named Unix-Linux-Yuks[=Win] "root" for that reason), and they execute with brutal determination and exactitude. Proofread 'em in detail, to say the least. One at the root can control an entire directory tree. If you get too carried away, you can force a necessity to give user/pass for every nested directory below and including the one of interest at the moment. Each seo url is subject to that hierarchical nesting, so see what the .ht* files lie below its level (that's simplified if seo urls are all together, at least among products and among categories).

I just edited mine supra to keep the thoughts together, but there are two additional items to check.

One way to force 500s to arise or disappear is by merely changing (in your hosting account's control panel) which version or subversion of php is at work (as between 5.2, 5.3).

If you hand edit your php.ini settings (via control panel, putty.exe, or ftp), then you'll also need (a) to remember to keep a backup of what you had before editing it, and (b) to remember which settings were changed just to accommodate OC in the first place. Turning off Magic Quotes for the sake of OC is a good example, since months afterward a new purposeful change to php.ini could easily reinstate them and you might not remember that problem.

Guru Member

Post by rph » Thu Mar 21, 2013 3:50 pm

You can disable product counts and try this extension:

http://www.opencart.com/index.php?route ... ername=rph

-Ryan

rph
Expert Member

Location - Lincoln, Nebraska