Post by lemmy_k » Sun Jun 02, 2013 11:59 pm

hi

i have an issue with a site built from the begining by my own.
i installed essential extensions for promotions , displaying products, mobile store , and facebook store (by the way mobile store is working great)
If i import 15-20.000 products is working okay , but i have about 70.000 products , and is going slow in the front end .
I already installed Increase page speed , a cache speed up extension but nothing is happened
i have no errors in the admin

Filip

Post by cwswebdesign » Mon Jun 03, 2013 10:21 am

Have you contacted Tcalp about this (I think it's his mod you're referring to)? Otherwise, send me a message and I'll help you out.

support@cwswebsitedesign.com

DL

This account is inactive. Look for us under the name 'EvolveWebHosting' and contact us under that username.

Thanks!

Location - USA

Post by paulfeakins » Mon Jun 03, 2013 6:38 pm

So you installed this already?
http://www.opencart.com/index.php?route ... on_id=6204

Did you remember to set up the Cron jobs to run every 15 minutes?

Have you optimised your MySQL tables?

If so your next best bet is to get a better server.

UK OpenCart Hosting | OpenCart Audits | OpenCart Support - please email info@antropy.co.uk

Guru Member

Location - London Gatwick, United Kingdom

Post by lemmy_k » Mon Jun 03, 2013 7:20 pm

Tcalp extension is running , i setup cronjob to run every 15 minutes

i need someone to help optimise DB , make some indexes on the tables

regards

Filip

Post by cwswebdesign » Mon Jun 03, 2013 10:44 pm

lemmy_k wrote:Tcalp extension is running , i setup cronjob to run every 15 minutes

i need someone to help optimise DB , make some indexes on the tables

regards

Filip
What's your website address?

DL

This account is inactive. Look for us under the name 'EvolveWebHosting' and contact us under that username.

Thanks!

Location - USA

Post by lemmy_k » Tue Jun 04, 2013 3:20 am

Post by cwswebdesign » Tue Jun 04, 2013 3:37 am

I would make sure you get keep alive enabled and look into compressing your images. Also, if you want, PM me a login for your OC admin and I'll take a look at the IPS settings to make sure you're getting the most out of that.

DL

Thanks!

Location - USA

Post by lemmy_k » Tue Jun 04, 2013 4:20 am

you have PM

Post by lemmy_k » Fri Jun 07, 2013 12:40 am

hello again

i maintain your settings , but i unmarked Slow Query Output: from TCALP extensions and now is running okay

tell me is it a way to debug slow queries in database like i said earlier , with indexes applied to some hard coded extension ?

kind regards

FIlip

Post by cwswebdesign » Fri Jun 07, 2013 2:18 am

Hi,

I made a mistake leaving that setting on so it was good that you caught it. There is a way to make the database indexes but that's not my specialty.

DL

Thanks!

Location - USA

Post by lemmy_k » Fri Jun 07, 2013 2:40 am

thanks Doug for your help :D

anyone help me to debug slow queries on db ?

Post by lemmy_k » Fri Jun 14, 2013 10:31 pm

i solve issue about speed up front store , but i have another issue
when i try to save a product in admin it takes about 1-2 minutes to complete action

any solutions for that ?

Post by lemmy_k » Fri Jun 14, 2013 10:59 pm

one more thing , when i am saving product in admin , is freezing both admin and front store

Post by straightlight » Sun Jun 16, 2013 12:46 am

Freezing events may be due to browsing activity issues due to mass database query which the browser may not be able to handle based on client computer you might be using. If you try to save your products on a different browser, like Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox, are you able to save your products without problems?

Additionally, if you do not use a mass database storage with OC right now and you still encounter those issues, it could also be caused by an installed contribution which may affect your product savings somehow.

Dedication and passion goes to those who are able to push and merge a project.

Regards,
Straightlight
Programmer / Opencart Tester

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by butte » Sun Jun 16, 2013 2:59 am

Four more basic "little" things to check, just as general rules . . .

(1) php.-- Since your web, mail, and name servers are all in Romania, where all six hosting plans of gazduire.ro show cPanel, you can easily check your php settings. Ensure that you're using php.exe 5.3 or newer (your admin log-in screen is showing OC 1.5.5.1). You should also be able to see php.ini and to change some basic settings. If you are allowed to do so, and if these are low, then raise your maxima for post, upload, and memory to 200M, better yet 500M. Those affect speed and slowdowns all the way to some freezes.

(2) phpMyAdmin.-- In cPanel's phpMyAdmin there's a provision to check or repair database. Primarily for your peace of mind, try check database for anything odd (there is no need to repair it if it is okay).

(3) Clear cache(s).-- Frequently it is necessary to clear both browser and vqmod caches in order to SEE changes that have just been made, including when vqmod extensions or modules have been added, modified, or removed. (Probably cwswebdesign looked at that while in there, without mention.)

(4) Counts.-- Shutting off category/product counts tends to relieve slowdowns; the counts do not shut off completely.(Probably cwswebdesign looked at that while in there, without mention.)
Last edited by butte on Fri Jul 05, 2013 9:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Guru Member

Post by MickelMiky » Fri Jul 05, 2013 4:29 pm

There is a way to make the database indexes but that's not my specialty.

Post by butte » Fri Jul 05, 2013 9:52 pm

There being no "Solved" in place, the quiet since mid June may mean either that the initial concern is still there or that it's already remedied.

In addition to the angle raised by straightlight, freezing could also owe to your machine no matter what browser you're using, or to your browser no matter what machine you're using. Both of a couple of Romanian servers I've had occasion to work with were fairly speedy to work with from western North America (possible sampling error, 2 of N, but speedy). In your area of the world there is a tendency to favor older operating systems and older versions of IE (having to do with the economy, export restrictions, and whatever else).

Which operating system and how fast a machine are you actually using? Which browser(s) are you actually using? Those may give some of us some ideas to suggest trying.

For what it's worth, I just now looked at it (all of Europe and North America awake, afternoon in Romania, early morning in western North America, current Firefox), and loading anything to see took 24 seconds, then loading took an additional 54 seconds, with the status bar showing meanwhile a torrent of www. and non-www. as well as Ajax activity, before the whole thing was loaded and fairly quick after all of that. That raises concern for what your pre-landing A records and redirections along with post-landing .htaccess might doing to your traffic. Peek at your registrar and host settings, and at your .htaccess lines.

All of us realize that you've posted in Commercial Support, but have tried first to see whether you actually need that, so we will probably ask little questions for a while, yet. There's a hazard in "fixing" something that is unbroken, and it seems to be fully functional apart from what concerned you in the first place.

Guru Member