Post by slingeraap » Tue Jun 25, 2013 5:24 pm

1. Please include the option to fill in prices including VAT (with a pulldown which VAT is on the product). Then we don't have to change all our prices when the government is raising the VAT for the second time in a year.

2. Product option prices don't exist for other customer groups. Please add this, now it is not usable.

3. A percentage of discount would be nice for customer groups. So you don't have to change all prices for that group.

Post by aldoanizio » Wed Jun 26, 2013 3:15 am

mlimacarlos wrote:In Brazil we have difficult to integrate opencart with payment gateways. This is because the customer's information in Brazil have another fields required by the payment gateways. Today, each one solve this problem out of standart. This is not good for develop modules and extensions using customers information. Does anyone have an idea to solve this?

tks,
Marcos
Hi Marcos.

I'm from Brazil too.

I believe that with customers extra custom fields that is planned to release in next versions some problems will be solved.

Waiting for 1.6.0!

Post by Gamesol » Fri Jun 28, 2013 5:18 am

Xsecrets wrote:
Qphoria wrote: I'm aware... didn't say it would be easy.. thats why its not a 1.5.1 feature but a 1.6.0 feature
But on the topic of CDN above, externally hosted images are often requested. The resize option would have to be bypassed for externally loaded images.

I'd also like to see the ability to use animated gifs which also need to bypass the resize.

So step one of adding external hosting is to add a checkbox "Use automatic image resizing" on a per-product basis.The image resize function just needs to check the flag and return the file back untouched.
Yeah I wasn't attempting to say it couldn't be done or would be too hard. I guess I was basically asking if you had any ideas how the admin interface would work for it. I suppose a checkbox would be easy enough to keep it from running through the internal systems, but then the question would be does anyone have a good idea how to then handle 3-4 image sizes. Definitely something that will need some thought and testing, because I wouldn't really want to complicate the process for users (most of them) that don't want to use a CDN.
@q @x @d

I think the external image option would be awesome , in SA I use a sellers website similar to eBay and they have nailed the image thing, you can link from anywhere and it resizes automatically for thumbnail images.

Check out www.bidorbuy.co.za

If they can do it, I know you guys can

https://t.me/pump_upp

Post by bill_p » Thu Jul 04, 2013 1:47 pm

I would like to see customers have a field for "Taxable". This would be a logical field (yes/no) with yes as default.
If the customer is "taxable", then all applicable taxes would be applied. If the customer is not taxable, then skip the application of taxes.
Reason for this request: Customers in a geo-zone can be exempt from taxes ( non-profit organization, etc) whereas customers in the same geo-zone are taxable.

Post by PlusCybernet » Thu Jul 04, 2013 6:11 pm

Is there any tentative date for releasing OpenCart v1.6.0 or v 2.0?

Post by i2Paq » Thu Jul 04, 2013 6:56 pm

It will be 2.0

No release date yet.

Norman in 't Veldt
Moderator OpenCart Forums

_________________ READ and Search BEFORE POSTING _________________

Our FREE search: Find your answer FAST!.

[How to] BTW + Verzend + betaal setup.

Global Moderator

Location - Winkel - The Netherlands

Post by mondokat » Sat Jul 06, 2013 5:00 am

Do we have a 2.0 beta yet? where can we try it out? or is it a "pull from github" download?

Post by Johnathan » Sat Jul 06, 2013 10:09 pm

Go to the github page and click "Download ZIP" on the right-hand column.

Image Image Image Image Image

Administrator

Post by scanreg » Sat Jul 06, 2013 10:29 pm

as bug fixes are applied to the community version, how do you know which files have been updated since your last download?

in other words, if you download at stage A but then 3 more bug fixes are applied after that, how can you snag just those fixed files without having to do another full download?

yes....you guessed it.....i'm a github newbie

i've seen how a developer can upload changes:

http://lifehacker.com/5983680/how-the-h ... use-github

but i'm not sure about how a user can grab the latest working versions of just the newly fixed files

thanks

Post by Spiritcraft » Sun Jul 07, 2013 12:02 am

I am sure someone has mentioned this but my wish is for easier product filtering. Product filters are great and set opencart apart from the pack. The new product filter module really can provide a great shopping experience for clients. They are able to sort through 1000 products for instance to find exactly what they want to buy. We sell fabrics, which can be 2000 fabrics in a category and without filters, you would have to go page by page to find a "velvet" for instance.

the problem is the assigning of filters. Doing this one by one is a lifes work right now. Perhaps there could be a filter module, stand alone where you could assign a filter to say all "velvets" that you sort in admin. Something, anything that could make this wonderful opencart feature to be implemented.

Filters could also be made better to be dependent if you wanted them to be. They would then narrow the search with more filters checked rather than adding products them more boxes checked. Maybe there could be a choice in admin for any category to make filters dependent?

Lastly, I am glad I found opencart and all of our zencart sites will be moving over.

Post by dansk » Wed Jul 24, 2013 11:46 pm

My feature request for v2.0:

1) Instead of integration of the "PDF invoice" option only into Opencart (there is a free plugin for this which works fine for now (cgsmith), but I would recommend a basic "email PDF invoice to customer, from order history page".

2) And: when in an order, have the possibility to scroll directly to the next/previous order (by pagination), instead of the need to return to 'all orders' page and select the next order to be viewed. So 'scroll through orders' functionality.

And allow the following; when a product already has a sale-price (offer), still allow for multiple product discount. So when a product has a standard price of 3, the sale/offer price is 2, and the price when purchasing multiple items (5 or more) of the same product is 1,5.
If the customer orders 3 pieces, the sales price is 6.
If the customer orders 5 or more, the sales price is 10, but the total multiple product price is 7,5 in total.

"Drop carts, not bombs"

Location - Israel

Post by notawebguru » Tue Sep 10, 2013 4:37 am

VAT Addition - Can this be done?

At present when you display price with VAT - underneath the VAT inclusive price is the price ex VAT

When you display prices EX VAT the is no price underneath saying Price including VAT

Many Opencart websites will be for business that sell "BUSINESS TO BUSINESS - B2B " and "BUSINESS TO COMSUMER - B2C". For the B2B category all prices are discussed ex VAT but for the odd consumer who visits the site it is difficult for them to maybe understand that prices displayed are ex VAT and should be considered to be plus VAT when checking out.

At least, when displaying price EX VAT - the price displayed should indicate that the price is EX VAT.

In summary - I want to have the normal appearence when in "Inc VAT" and the opposite when "ex VAT". This can't be too difficult can it.

Post by mondokat » Tue Sep 17, 2013 8:29 am

I'm seeing a lot of action in git in the master branch. When is 2.0's ETA? any hope to get it as a xmas present?

Post by Kari-- » Thu Sep 19, 2013 2:47 am

My current shop is from 2007 so it is a little bit old now. I'm interested about Opencart cart but I think there are so many "things" missing so I was wondering what kind of new features will 2.0 bring in or is everything just "cosmetic" changes.
List from http://moz.com/blog/holygrail-of-ecomme ... hecklist#1

Some basic things from that list I would like to see in core installation:

Use Qualaroo to Survey Visitors
Enable Olark for Direct Chat Interactions
Survey your Existing Customers
Show your Top-Selling Products on your Home Page
Offer More Ways to Order from your Store
Show videos on your home page (below the fold)
Localize your store to specific countries
Avoid vague category structures
Sort category structure by popularity
Use CrazyEgg to create focused category navigation
Implement an Intelligent search to cover singular, plurals, mis-spells etc.
Implement Auto-Suggestions to help user search for relevant keywords
Enable Category Search
Let the user know what they searched
Empower visitors with creative calculators
Clearly show the Product’s delivery time
Allow them to select delivery date
Enable Out Of Stock Notification
Encourage users to leave reviews
Offer Persistent Shopping Cart
Don’t make users enter the same information twice
Pre-fill information where ever you can
Preserve Information on a validation error
Clearly mark the fields as optional or mandatory
Give input example against each field
Offer a unified single ‘Name’ field
Automatically pre-fill city & state field as soon as user enters a zip code
Keep the form field labels visible at all times
Keep the form linear
Form field length should match the expected length of the input
Use FaceBook Connect
Display validation errors in close proximity to the input field
Display validation checks against each field
Make 'Account Registration' an Optional Step of Checkout Process
Don’t complicate Password Selection
Make the ‘Guest Checkout’ option more prominent than Registration
Make your primary button most prominent among rest all call to actions
Avoid unnecessary buttons on the checkout page
Primary button placement
Limit the navigation and exit points on the checkout page
Use Intelligent defaults
Let users force-proceed on potentially wrong validation
Process steps should function as navigational links for the checkout process
During registration, make the Newsletter sign-up an opt-in by default, not opt-out.
Enable Open graphs
Optimize the thank you messages on your store
Make user friendly 404 Error Page
No Results Found (Product / Page)
Validation Error Messages
Show Social Media Proofs
Leverage browser caching
Defer parsing of JavaScript
Optimize images
Serve scaled images
Combine images into CSS sprites
Minimize redirects
Enable compression
Minify JavaScript
Minimize request size

From my own list:
Twitter cards
XML sitemap
One step checkout
Meta tags
Bulk handling for orders
Google analytics
proper reference number for SEPA payments
import and export for products from csv or xls or xlsx
bulk updates for product quantities based on products codes.
Ajax live search

There are lot's more and some might find these unnecessary but only few of these are already in Opencart?

Or should I just install 1.5.6 and add 30, 40 or 50 different extensions and modifications and try to tweak every one of them to work together?

Sorry if asking the wrong questions..

Post by theresabursley » Mon Sep 23, 2013 2:35 pm

i find that abantecart is very similar with opencart and they do some improvement, such us Multi template/with flexible layout settings per template
do opencart do some improvement?

Location - USA

Post by dharam81 » Sun Oct 06, 2013 9:54 pm

I would like to request very simple but important feature that is required for digital store.

please provide an option to set number of days each order will change status expired..

Changing each order status manually doesn't look better for a platform like OpenCart.

Post by Out2lunch » Wed Oct 09, 2013 1:47 am

For me killer options for 1.6 would be -

1. Selectable Cross Cart Shopping across a multi-site install. (This was I can have out 12 store on 1 back-end, but only allow some to cross cart shop, and have other left as standalone stores).

2. Stock options with individual inventory settings, possible with a trigger email when something is running low.

3. Fast auto fill search, again not all sites only ones that are available to cross cart shop with.

4. Easy multi order select and download as csv for shipping labels/upload to shipper system for tracking etc.

Post by kite » Fri Nov 08, 2013 1:15 am

Hi,
This thread is already enormous, but I would like to add some points that I really miss in 1.5.6:

- New return email - there's an extension for that, but I think it should be in the core functionality
- Better auto language detection - currently only works for the first language on the list (ignores languages with quality score, like en_EN;q=0.8)
- Multi language invoice - currently the invoice is generated in the backend languague, but the product description, shipping method and payment method are in the language used by the customer in the frontend. The workaround I use is to change the backend language before printing the invoice. But it's far from being ideal (many, many clicks required)
- Multi language customer notification - same applies when changing the order status and sending the notification to the customer.

Post by subdivide » Fri Dec 20, 2013 5:33 am

I don't imagine anyone (Daniel) will see this, but maybe someone else can answer these questions.

I've been looking through the 2.0 code (I'm keeping my own repo of it live on a server) and clearly there are MAJOR changes in the way the classes have been restructured.

Controllers and views are now loaded through the Loader class yet for some reason, we're still manually testing template paths in all the controllers. The config object is available through the registry object in the Loader class, why not simply test the template path there and save on having to rewrite the same damn code over and over and over?

And this goes for language variables too. Why are we having to manually set each and every language variable when they can easily be loaded into the data variable in one pass? The only language variables that need to be set manually are ones that need to accept sprintf() values, all the rest can be autoloaded.

This has been done for a long time by extension developers but yet it seems to be some sticking point for the core. Not only is it redundant to have to write all this code over and over, but it increases the file size for no reason that I can see.

It would also be nice to see a breadcrumb class so that breadcrumbs could be added without having to write so much code, and could be correctly implemented. (The last item of a breadcrumb should NOT be linked.)

In my mind, as a developer, the entire idea behind OOP is to prevent writing redundant code. If I know there's something that needs to be written over and over, or is going to be included into each and every controller ... then there should be a method or class created upstream that handles this so that it can be implemented with as little redundancy as possible.

If anyone can shed some light on the thought process that keeps these redundancies in the code I would love to know. I hate having to create my own new fork of OC with every new release so that these things can be corrected.

Thanks a lot.

-V