Post by Gamesol » Fri Oct 04, 2013 7:12 pm

Hello All, I have searched and read every post pertaining to the subject line but I cant find a solution.

I sell on various marketplaces like ebay and in a my store, now to consolidate orders and create awareness of my store, we manually register customers and process their purchase on the site via admin panel / sales / customer / customers /

We then insert the customer if they are new to our store ...

Problem

I presume OC is tired of seeing my office pc IP addresses because now each customer needs to be approved before we can place their order.

I checked the setting in admin and ensured it does not require approval for new customers.

I dont have a problem with approving them as it is only 2 more clicks but I am trying to avoid this "approval" stage because it generates an email and sends that to the customer, I have already had a few concerned customers because typically the only accounts that need approval are credit accounts and then people get all frantic that have been awarded a credit account that they didnt apply for.

GEEZ, long story, ok so anyway ...

Can I for OC to approve new account by admin without sending email ?

or any other ideas would be highly appreciated.

https://t.me/pump_upp

Post by butte » Sat Oct 05, 2013 12:40 am

Version? URL? When admin approval is set as not required and registration is allowed, a newly self-registering customer should normally receive e-mail leading back to the log-in, and you should not have to approve unless you manually enter a customer (then you need to bring it up in Edit and do that). If your routine is to enter them manually, then you'll need to approve the ones you enter. Most people are used to signing up and not being reviewed. You might insert short text explaining that EVEN signing up is approved, to keep EVEN that secure.

Guru Member

Post by Gamesol » Sat Oct 05, 2013 12:59 am

@butte , thank you for the reply, version is 1.5.5.1 , url is www.gamesol.co.za

You mentioned adding text, can I change the email (including the subject) that is sent when I approve a customer, I really searched for this and cant find that anywhere.

Thanx in advance

Post by butte » Sat Oct 05, 2013 1:28 am

Back up, then amend its language/ .php file(s).

Guru Member

Post by Gamesol » Sat Oct 05, 2013 1:45 am

butte wrote:Back up, then amend its language/ .php file(s).
sorry to do this to you but please can you spell it for me, ie : admin / **** / ***** / language / etc , I really cant find it, honestly looked for hours

Post by butte » Sat Oct 05, 2013 2:50 am

What were you looking at and for, and how, that took hours not to find?! In FTP using an ftp client you see the tree; takes seconds. In host cPanel or similar, your File Manager sees the tree, but that is more tedious than using an ftp client; takes more seconds. Freeware FileZilla Client (for windows only) is at http://sourceforge.net/projects/filezilla/.

There is a pattern of like-named subdirectories and trees. This instance illustrates the exceptions, where they have like names but one or another file in the set is not used. When you start looking for files that go together, look for this sort of pattern.

/admin/language/english/sale/contact.php -- EXISTS
/admin/model/sale/contact.php -- DOES NOT EXIST
/admin/controller/sale/contact.php -- EXISTS
/admin/view/template/sale/contact.tpl -- EXISTS

Start with the bottom one.

That pattern continues through
/catalog/controller/
/catalog/language/
/catalog/model/
/catalog/view/theme/template/
for files such as account.php (or .tpl), register.php (or .tpl), etc..

You will usually look through the admin set or the catalog set, sometimes both. You're looking each time for like-named directories and files.

Guru Member