Post by lalajee » Thu Dec 26, 2013 5:29 am

Can you please add following feature to new script.

Can I request to put a field for free shipping. I like put some product to offer free shipping on them.
e.g. i like to sell laptop with free shipping but i like sell ram with shipping.

PrestaShop has this great feature where you can link colours with images. for e.g. when you select the colour it will show products which you set as the colour selected.

Add advance search feature which all customer to select category, set the price and select the features for the products.

Please add these features into new script.

Thank you

Post by Mealz » Tue Jan 14, 2014 3:19 pm

I'd really like to be able to search in admin for orders containing specific products. Would be really helpful to ensure I haven't missed any pre-orders when I go to ship them out.
At the moment I'm adding an order status to keep them separate, but sometimes I do forget and it would be great to be able to do a quick search to make sure that none have been missed.

I also think it would be great to have vqMOD in the core as I'm not very technical, and the ability to install plugins easily would be a lifesaver for someone like me!

And it would be really great to be able to have an option to resend the order confirmation after you've edited an order. I'm pretty sure there is an extension that does this, but to have it built in already would be awesome.

Post by losvre » Tue Jan 14, 2014 6:38 pm

Hello all and happy new year,

Dan,
I think a very important feature is when someone hovers over a product in the shop, the main features of the product revealed and the "add to basket".

See ikea website http://www.ikea.com/gb/en/catalog/categ ... hen/20625/

Post by pedro1993 » Wed Jan 15, 2014 12:44 am

losvre wrote:Hello all and happy new year,

Dan,
I think a very important feature is when someone hovers over a product in the shop, the main features of the product revealed and the "add to basket".

My extension does this: http://www.opencart.com/index.php?route ... n_id=10050

For OpenCart & PHP/MySQL support feel free to PM me :)
Click here for my extentions
Did I help you? Donate here to show support

Location - Glasgow, Scotland

Post by nagashi » Sat Jan 18, 2014 2:29 am

Is it possible to add release date under the price or cart or to the settings?

Post by ToyGuy » Sat Jan 18, 2014 7:53 am

1) Shipping module to allow better packing list and selection of method, then API interfaces to postage included/purchase USPS, UPS, FedEX, etc. Auto-transfer of address information, verification of address and then customer updating (email with shipping/tracking) and order status.

Better overall order management - less tabs and updating of order status. This also includes manual entry of customers and orders.

vqmod as part of core code.

ToyGuy = Fabled Santa Claus

Post by losvre » Sun Jan 19, 2014 4:58 am

pedro1993 wrote:
losvre wrote:Hello all and happy new year,

Dan,

My extension does this: http://www.opencart.com/index.php?route ... n_id=10050
Thank you Pedro,

I would prefer something not in VQMOD as I try and keep everything as simple as possible. Saying that I have not tried VQMOD so far

Post by losvre » Sun Jan 19, 2014 7:13 am

Dan hi,

What about a mass import/export tool like the CSV modules?

isn't logical to have a proper tool for updating the e-shop?

Thanks
Nikos

Post by makingtrails » Sat Feb 01, 2014 1:10 am

Can you confirm if you will be adding in "Additional Tabs" to the next version?

There are a number of extensions that do this but as they are custom many of the extensions for Bulk Import/Export do not support them and require additional modding.

Post by hermez » Mon Feb 03, 2014 11:27 pm

Daniel, hello!

Relationship with stock options. The parent product must receive the sum of the stock options. This is basic!

Improvements in settings lacking the type of product.

example: Magento has:

simple, configurable, virtual, digital, the clustered, and the package.

Is it possible to place the core Opencart?

Post by makingtrails » Wed Feb 05, 2014 12:23 am

Hey,

Multi-Location Support - (Not Multi-Store)

The Location Field is generally not used as much as it's not really linked to anything else.

I have a store with multiple locations (4 Stores + 1 Warehouse) so would be great if a little more detail went into Multiple Store Locations

For example:

1. Multiple Store Locations in Settings with one set as 'Primary' location (Warehouse or Largest Store)

2. In Store Collection to be enabled in shipping for multiple locations that are created in settings.

3. Stock Options to have Multiple Store Stock. For example in my system we have a Primary Store (Warehouse) where we deal with all internet purchases, products in stock here are set to "In Stock". For all other locations, products are set to "2-3 Days" as it can take a day or two to transfer stock inbetween sites for dispatch. If the Warehouse + all stores are sold out then stock status is "Out of Stock"

4. Check Store Feature (Check & Reserve) - Front end option to allow the customer to see which store has their product in stock.

A good example of a couple websites that have built their website with multiple locations in mind is Argos.co.uk & Homebase.co.uk

Thanks

J

Post by dorbar » Mon Feb 17, 2014 6:13 am

Two thumbs up for this sugestion!!
hermez wrote:Daniel, hello!

Relationship with stock options. The parent product must receive the sum of the stock options. This is basic!

Improvements in settings lacking the type of product.

example: Magento has:

simple, configurable, virtual, digital, the clustered, and the package.

Is it possible to place the core Opencart?
Actually I had to go the OC rute and on my disbelieve I found out that the handling of products was ...well bad not to use more harsh words.

Post by dorbar » Mon Feb 17, 2014 6:53 am

We need Product templates!!!
To continue from my last post. Let me explain just one scenario where OpenCart falls flat. (Well, beside the well known, and a good one, t-shirt with different sizes and colors).
The alpha-and-omega of a shop (not just e-shop) is SKU (Stock Keeping Unit). Now let's say that I have a book store. A very different product from computer or from t-shirt or perfume if you wish.
For some wired reason (actually not wired at all) the same book with a hardcover has a different ISBN than a paperback version. Therefore a different SKU. So, book is another good example where you would need a "configurable product". Despite the fact that (lets use here "Romeo and Juliet" book), that the book is available in different "shapes" from a buyer perspective is ONE book - one description, one content - one review! ...but with different SKU's an ISBN's. So the solution here would be a product made by another product as an option! Of course with a proper stock tracking.
Romeo & Juliet
option1: ISBN 123xxxxxxxxxx - hard cover, 12x15cm
option2: ISBN 456xxxxxxxxxx - paperback, 12x15cm
option3: ISBN 789xxxxxxxxxx - hardcover, 20x24cm
etc...
Then, there is an Author, maybe an Illustrator too. So a whole bunch of different data.
I'm not using a word attribute since attribute is used in OC as something additional. I'm talking about the "main info" here under the Data tab of a Product.

So, instead of having some general fits-it-all fields under Data tab in Product, there should be some kind of Product template, where you could chose a type of product you want to sell with appropriate data fields. And those fields would be displayed beside the picture of a product.

Very much like CCK ( Content Creation Kits) in various CMS's (Joomla, Drupal, Wordpress,...) have. With those CCKs you can create any type of content you want. In our case different product types.

Bottom line, I' would really encourage you to, at least think about implementing a product made by other products as options and to consider a Product templates.

Cheers and all the best!
D.

Post by utomo » Wed Apr 16, 2014 11:00 am

I hope opencart 2.0 will be more flexible and support this situation

Post by vinylperfection » Sat May 03, 2014 6:27 pm

I think one of the biggest upgrades this cart could ever do would be to add product options into groups, then add the ability to assign those groups to bulk products or even entire categories.

The current way is that you have to make multiple entires for every product (tshirts, stickers, printed posters and so on)
The result is that import/export is the ONLY way to manage this process in a bulk fashion which then leads my site to have a MASSIVE 168,000 entries.

Because of this i currently run a dedicated server for my site as the ram allocation is huge.
If its an issue for me i know it will be an issue for hundreds of other people.

Opencart seems to be centred around people selling simple items with hardly any options.

Post by TAC » Thu May 22, 2014 11:45 pm

Hi,

These have probably been mentioned somewhere in the previous 27 pages but I would like:
  • A way of adding products in bulk
    A better image manager
    Pagination at the top and bottom of admin/products pages, so if I know a product is on page 5 I can just jump to page 5 and not have to scroll to the bottom of page 1 first
    Rich snippets & rich pins inbuilt
    Responsiveness inbuilt
    Ability to delete zones, countries etc. in bulk
:)

TAC

Location - England

Post by piju2111 » Tue Jun 10, 2014 5:12 am

Is it possible to assign more than one parent category for sub-category.

e.g
HP > Pavillion > DV2000 > LCD
HP > Pavillion > DV2000 > Keyboard
HP > Pavillion > V3000 > LCD
HP > Pavillion > V3000 > Keyboard
so there are thousands of series in which I have to create LCD and Keyboard for all of them.

Can I assign Multi Parent Category for LCD and Keyboard?

Regards
Prijesh
Laptop Parts

Location - Mumbai, Mh, India

Post by subdivide » Wed Jul 16, 2014 10:52 pm

aochoangonline wrote:I'm sure I'm not alone in needing an option to set the search tool to search "product description" as standard rather than having to go into advanced search to get to this point. This may not suit everyone, which is why I've suggested having as an option.
I think it should be standard. Search is search, it should search all possible places that would matter. When you go to Amazon they don't ask you to check boxes to search multiple categories.

Just sayin ...

Post by staffanjonzon » Sun Jul 20, 2014 4:54 am

dorbar wrote:We need Product templates!!!
To continue from my last post. Let me explain just one scenario where OpenCart falls flat. (Well, beside the well known, and a good one, t-shirt with different sizes and colors).
The alpha-and-omega of a shop (not just e-shop) is SKU (Stock Keeping Unit). Now let's say that I have a book store. A very different product from computer or from t-shirt or perfume if you wish.
For some wired reason (actually not wired at all) the same book with a hardcover has a different ISBN than a paperback version. Therefore a different SKU. So, book is another good example where you would need a "configurable product". Despite the fact that (lets use here "Romeo and Juliet" book), that the book is available in different "shapes" from a buyer perspective is ONE book - one description, one content - one review! ...but with different SKU's an ISBN's. So the solution here would be a product made by another product as an option! Of course with a proper stock tracking.
Romeo & Juliet
option1: ISBN 123xxxxxxxxxx - hard cover, 12x15cm
option2: ISBN 456xxxxxxxxxx - paperback, 12x15cm
option3: ISBN 789xxxxxxxxxx - hardcover, 20x24cm
etc...
Then, there is an Author, maybe an Illustrator too. So a whole bunch of different data.
I'm not using a word attribute since attribute is used in OC as something additional. I'm talking about the "main info" here under the Data tab of a Product.

So, instead of having some general fits-it-all fields under Data tab in Product, there should be some kind of Product template, where you could chose a type of product you want to sell with appropriate data fields. And those fields would be displayed beside the picture of a product.

Very much like CCK ( Content Creation Kits) in various CMS's (Joomla, Drupal, Wordpress,...) have. With those CCKs you can create any type of content you want. In our case different product types.

Bottom line, I' would really encourage you to, at least think about implementing a product made by other products as options and to consider a Product templates.

Cheers and all the best!
D.
Good points! A book can also be a e-book that the buyer can download. And then it should have any shipping cost with it, but it is still tha same product as the regular books.

Available for hire with Opencart http://starta-webshop.nu/opencart/ or other web http://xn--webbyr-stockholm-iob.com/ development.

Location - Stockholm