Post by bpr103 » Wed Mar 19, 2014 1:01 pm

Hi, I have an installation of 1.5.6 on subdirectory /shops/ and now it's time to put up a wholesale store and I'm having trouble.

I want to use the Login Display Prices setting for the wholesale site, but not on the default retail site.

First, I just duplicated everything (installation, MYSQL DB) and changed the config files on the /wholesale/ subdirectory. Login Display prices would only work if I set it in the default (retail) shop, too.

Then, I created a multistore on the subdomain wholesale and again, Login Display Prices only works if I set it on the default shop.

I have changed the customer group for the wholesale sites and even the retail site, but I still haven't had any luck getting any two of the versions to behave differently.

What am I missing here? any help would be greatly appreciated.

Post by butte » Thu Mar 20, 2014 8:56 am

If you already cloned the fileset and the database but moreover amended the config.php files to enforce separation, then the databases are separate and you have separate shops. Set one to allow pricing displays, one to defer pricing displays; in their already separate admins. If they are (re)married as multi-stores with one database, you can still use an extension (button top right) for configuring how customer groups (default, wholesale, etc.) behave (pricing displayed or deferred).

Either way you'll want to be certain that HTTP, HTTPS, DIR, and DB sections of config.php files are fully correct.

Guru Member