Post by Wardy_118 » Tue Aug 23, 2011 8:49 pm

Hi,

I have recently installed Opencart version 1.5.0 and have gone through the site to test everything and order confirmation emails are not being sent to either the customer (did a test order) or the admin.

Inside the mail settings I have left it as mail, added my admin email address inside the Mail Parameters using -F, ticked yes to new order alert email and have also added my admin email address to the additional email alert emails.

I have tested the Contact Us page and that sends emails to the correct address and the customer also receives the thank you for registering email and order update emails.

The order confirmation email is the only email that doesn't appear to be sending.

I have used past opencart versions with other websites and have not encountered any issues like this before.

Any ideas what I need to do to fix this issue?

Thanks
Last edited by Wardy_118 on Tue Aug 23, 2011 11:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post by uksitebuilder » Tue Aug 23, 2011 9:51 pm

At least upgrade to 1.5.0.5 because of bug fixes.

Guru Member

Location - United Kindgom

Post by Wardy_118 » Tue Aug 23, 2011 10:57 pm

So the only way of fixing the issue is to upgrade to a newer version?

Is there no way of just manually editing the code? I have been working on the site for a while now and don't really want to have to start again unless I absolutely have to.

Post by uksitebuilder » Tue Aug 23, 2011 11:11 pm

OK, I hear what you are saying.

It would be a good idea to maybe do a file compare between your version and 1.5.0.5

However, you can try this as I just compared 1.5.0 against 1.5.0.5 and found this change that may be the problem with order emails.

in: catalog/model/checkout/order.php

find:

Code: Select all

$html = $template->fetch('default/template/checkout/mail/order.tpl');
change to:

Code: Select all

$html = $template->fetch('default/template/mail/order.tpl');

Guru Member

Post by Wardy_118 » Tue Aug 23, 2011 11:20 pm

Thank you Simon that has worked a treat!

Just did a test order and now both the customer and the admin are getting the order email.

If you don't mind me asking what software do you use in order to do a file compare?

Thanks again

Post by uksitebuilder » Tue Aug 23, 2011 11:25 pm

I use Beyond Compare

But there are free programs such as WinMerge that do the same thing

Guru Member

Post by jack2011 » Thu Sep 08, 2011 10:29 am

I am having the same problem, no order confirmation emails. However i'm not a web developer and the person who developed our site shafted us and is not longer on the scene. Is what you explain above relatively easy for anyone to do? When i'm logged into Opencart, the only options given to me under Catalog are: Categories, Products, Manufacturers, Downloads, Reviews, Information.

Post by uksitebuilder » Thu Sep 08, 2011 2:53 pm

Hi Jack

Please explain your individual problem.

Are you receiving any emails at all (orders, contact us) ?

What settings do you have in the Systems - Settings - edit your store - Mail tab ?

Guru Member

Post by ecopia » Sat Nov 12, 2011 12:22 pm

I had the same problem with Version 1.4.9.6 of not having an order confirmation email being sent to the site administrator or the customer. (note: SEE note below)

Other emails like the order update are emailed to the customer if I tick the appropriate box but the original order confirmation emails are not going out. I have tried all the stuff about email format etc.

Everything was working fine until I tried modifying the wording in the order update email file that is sent to the customer, but I did not modify any other files and anyway the update file are being emailed to customers so i would guess the changes I made did not cause the problem.

even so, I changed the update email back the way it was but I still don't get the emails sent out to confirm a purchase. I have not changed anything in my settings.

My payment options are PayPal, bank deposit and check, no option selection makes any difference.

The site has a few mods like the Australian shipping module and few other small changes but anyway it was all working fine before.
My site is http://solarbarn.com.au

Kind regards
John
Last edited by ecopia on Sat Nov 12, 2011 3:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post by ecopia » Sat Nov 12, 2011 3:12 pm

Problem resolved, I came across this comment by Qphoria

Qphoria wrote:From what i can gather... it comes down to content of the email.. I'm not sure which bit, but typically in these situations, the contact form works as it is simple text... perhaps the order email has some line breaks or characters that cause it to choke for some. It has been an ongoing research issue, but already there have been many class rewrites in the past few versions.

I then went to /catalog/language/english/mail/order_confirm.php and reloaded the original file from the website upload folder for my version ( Version 1.4.9.6)
And it all works as it should now with auto-generated emails going to both administrator and the customer.

Here is what I think happened:
Some time ago I modified the email language in order_confirm.php and it worked fine.

This time, while changing the wording for order_update.php I again made some small wording changes for the confirmation email in order_confirm.php. That small additional change made all the difference and it caused the jam.

Thanks to Qphoria - once again!

Regards
John

Post by jamilkhan » Thu Feb 23, 2012 1:06 pm

My version is 1.5.1.3 and facing same problem, not getting any order confirmation email (both customer and admin). I am using mail setup (not SMTP) and the payment method is "Paypal standard". Can't find out and solve this issue. Please help....

Post by parkookk » Tue Apr 30, 2013 1:10 am

Remove second new line in system/library/mail.php on line 97,

i.e. replace
$header .= 'Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="' . $boundary . '"' . $this->newline . $this->newline;

with
$header .= 'Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="' . $boundary . '"' . $this->newline;

Location - london

Post by asif03 » Mon May 06, 2013 9:37 pm

Hey guys,

I'm pretty new to posting on the forums but i've been getting help with issues from here for a while so thought i'd start replying.

I had this issue where I weren't receiving any order confirmation emails as the admin and also the customer weren't receiving any. I did what ecopia quoted that Quphoria said and that worked. I put in some text in the order.php file as I wanted the email to display slightly differently. That somehow must have messed things up. I'm pretty sure I checked that it was working after changing it but maybe I didn't. All sorted now after uploading the stock order.php file.

Thanks guys.

Kind Regards, Asif.

Post by antoncona » Fri May 31, 2013 12:39 am

Hi there,

I have the same problem in oc1.5.1.3, my customer don't receiving the confirmation emails.. any solution for my version?

Post by yeq30@ntlworld.com » Sat Apr 18, 2015 10:43 pm

No it's not solved: I have just installed Open Cart 2.0.2.0. I've spent a lot of whole days and money I can't afford to waste trying to get this software to work. No emails are being sent to anyone except for customer account creation. What is the latest fix bodge ? Looking around the net, this software has been plagued by this problem since shortly after the big bang. I'm trying to think of reasons why this hasn't been fixed by now but I can't think of any good ones. I do not have a PhD in PhP so no techno-babble please.

Post by thinks » Sun Jun 28, 2015 10:59 am

NO NOT solved... I'm using OpenCart vs 2. NONE of my payment methods are sending the confirmation emails. I can only see orders by checking admin, or by getting the confirmation from the payment processor. PLEASE HELP!!!

Post by nutitout » Mon Dec 14, 2015 12:32 pm

faith points a tad crumbled :s Not Solved.

Let's try to! Tried correct mail settings, and my outlook retrieves mail just fine with such settings.
Tried changing email in admin section a suddenly no emails are sent to anyone at all.

What's up with that?

Post by thikana » Wed Apr 06, 2016 9:15 pm

I am not getting order confirmation mails either though i can see the orders in the admin section. The other emails ( contact , confirmation to customer etc.) work. Its just the order confirmation to admin that doesnt work.I am using v2.2. Do I need a order_confirm.php as I cant find that file?

Post by redwormcharlie » Fri Apr 22, 2016 11:59 pm

I solved it for you 2.2v users.

Credit goes to Ecopia for getting me put on the right track.

He did a relaod of the original file which I did not have so I opened it to edit.

I went to /catalog/language/english/mail/order.php

As you notice each line is like this

"$_['text_new_telephone'] = 'Telephone:';"

for example. When I opened the files I noticed that three of the lines had the equal part tabbed out so I removed the extra tab spaces between the last bracket and the equals sign. There should be only one tab space.

-CHARLIE RED-

Viola, it started working again!