Post by Spapro » Fri Jul 22, 2016 10:03 pm

Hi,

Bit weird this, we are using Opencart v1.5.4 and the Import/Export module (JNeuhoff, v1.1.0).

Been all ok for 2+ years, used a lot, but yesterday the export stopped working, the export file appears to download in Firefox but when opening in excel get the following Excel error: "The file is corrupt and cannot be opened. To try and repair it, use the Open and Repair command in the open dialogue box etc. etc". Cannot get the file to repair or open.

It almost looks like a file size related issue, if the file size is 6911kb it works fine, if I upload yesterdays download, then do a few minor product edits (from within the opencart admin module) and the file size of the export creeps up to 6915kb then I get the error message.

Nothing showing in the Opencart error log.

The import works fine, just the export which is giving problems. Any ideas ?

Post by Spapro » Fri Jul 22, 2016 10:40 pm

Bit more info:

It looks like the exported file is actually exporting successully and will open on my laptop using Libre Office instead of Microsoft Excel.

Bit weird, has worked perfectly until yesterday with Excel, any suggestions why the file won't open in Excel anymore ?

Is there any setting in excel which would stop the file opening correctly based on file size from an exported file ?

Any ideas ?

Post by straightlight » Sat Jul 23, 2016 2:57 am

Spapro wrote:Bit more info:

It looks like the exported file is actually exporting successully and will open on my laptop using Libre Office instead of Microsoft Excel.

Bit weird, has worked perfectly until yesterday with Excel, any suggestions why the file won't open in Excel anymore ?

Is there any setting in excel which would stop the file opening correctly based on file size from an exported file ?

Any ideas ?
If MSExcel just suddently stopped opening your files but other Excel tools are able to open your generated excel files, this may be related to cumulative windows update that may also have taken effect over Microsoft Office security updates.

Dedication and passion goes to those who are able to push and merge a project.

Regards,
Straightlight
Programmer / Opencart Tester

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON