Post by sooty » Mon Oct 31, 2016 11:17 pm

Background
Our current installation of Opencart (1.5.6.4) has been up and running for a couple of years now.
Our previous website was a custom coded database driven site that the original creator nolonger wanted to support, so we moved over to OpenCart.
We've always struggled with Search Engine Placements, whatever we've tried it has just performed poorly compared to our old site.

Part of the transfer was moving onto different hosting, and having been through every thing I can within Opencart and search engine optimisation, I'm just wondering if I have a fundamental flaw in either the Opencart site itself or the hosting.

One issue that has arisen through analysis with http://seositecheckup.com/ is a query over the SSL certificate. The report I get is;

IP Canonicalization Test
Your site's IP xx.xx.2.3 does not redirect to your site's domain name. This could cause duplicate content problems if a search engine indexes your site under both its IP and domain name.

On entering the IP address, I get directed to another completely different website.
I've queried this with the hosting company, who also administer my domains, and their response was;

"We use SNI support for SSLs which is a new technology in the sense that it was only introduced to customers in the last 2 years. SNI support was the viable solution to avoiding having to use Dedicated IPv4 for SSLs which originally was how SSLs were set up on Dedicated IPs"

Is this actually a problem that may be holding back search engine placements or just "smoke" I can ignore?

Is there any other fundamental flaw I could have overlooked or should be checking? I just feel that this isn't down to content or SEO anymore. :(

Post by EvolveWebHosting » Mon Oct 31, 2016 11:52 pm

A dedicated IP address is still the way to go. Without knowing your domain, you could have a DNS configuration issue or the hosting company could be setup improperly. SEO and Opencart work really well but they take a lot to setup. All of the tools are there.

For a fee, we would be happy to evaluate your site if you're interested. You can send us an email to sales@evolvewebhost.com to inquire more.

2 Week FREE Trial of our Shared Hosting plans (DIrectAdmin or cPanel) for new customers
2 Week FREE Trial of Astra Firewall and Malware Scanner
Visit our website for full details and to start your trial today - www.evolvewebhost.com

Location - Denver, Colorado, USA

Post by sooty » Wed Nov 02, 2016 7:39 pm

EvolveWebHosting did you get my email?

Post by EvolveWebHosting » Wed Nov 02, 2016 8:22 pm

sooty wrote:EvolveWebHosting did you get my email?
I did not receive anything from you. Did you send it to sales@evolvewebhost.com ?

2 Week FREE Trial of our Shared Hosting plans (DIrectAdmin or cPanel) for new customers
Visit our website for full details and to start your trial today - www.evolvewebhost.com

Post by sooty » Thu Nov 03, 2016 12:20 am

EvolveWebHosting wrote:
I did not receive anything from you. Did you send it to sales@evolvewebhost.com ?
just resent it, yes using that address.?

Post by EvolveWebHosting » Thu Nov 03, 2016 1:25 am

sooty wrote:
EvolveWebHosting wrote:
For some reason, I'm not seeing it. Would you mind going here and submitting a ticket / email? I don't want to publicly ask for your email address unles you're ok with posting it here so I can't see if you're being blocked by our filters or not.

https://www.evolvewebhost.com/client/ma ... ets/add/4/

Post by sooty » Thu Nov 03, 2016 6:51 pm

EvolveWebHosting wrote:
sooty wrote:
For some reason, I'm not seeing it. Would you mind going here and submitting a ticket / email? I don't want to publicly ask for your email address unles you're ok with posting it here so I can't see if you're being blocked by our filters or not.

https://www.evolvewebhost.com/client/ma ... ets/add/4/
Ticket opened, title same as this thread. Thanks

Post by EvolveWebHosting » Thu Nov 03, 2016 11:33 pm

sooty wrote:
Ticket opened, title same as this thread. Thanks
Hi, your ticket was replied to and I'll wait for a response there.